Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: All or Nothing Hands-on Preview - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageGuild Wars 2: All or Nothing Hands-on Preview - MMORPG.com

Guild Wars 2 finally sits at the precipice of a massive moment. Kralkatorrik, the Dragon that broke Destiny’s Edge, lies before us. Think of the team here at MMORPG as your reconnaissance scouts, as we step towards the penultimate episode of Living World season 4, All or Nothing.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Very good article. I can hardly wait to experience this story.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Rajani_IsaRajani_Isa Member UncommonPosts: 8
    So what I am getting is we get to yoshi the mounts now.
  • ConquerorWormConquerorWorm Member UncommonPosts: 10
    I have really tried to like this game, but I cannot. It is 'to me' the worst mmorpg still running. I hate the combat, the inventory, the crafting, and everything else about it. The art style is not to my liking. The way the theme parks are done is horrible 'to me'. I have put a few dozen hours into this game, trying every class, and I cannot say this is a good game. If I could get my money back for a purchase years ago I would in a heart beat.
    When friends or coworkers ask me about this game my response is 'bbllaaarrgggg'. Then I offer the clean my vomit off their shoes.
  • HawksterHawkster Member UncommonPosts: 57

I have really tried to like this game, but I cannot. It is 'to me' the worst mmorpg still running. I hate the combat, the inventory, the crafting, and everything else about it. The art style is not to my liking. The way the theme parks are done is horrible 'to me'. I have put a few dozen hours into this game, trying every class, and I cannot say this is a good game. If I could get my money back for a purchase years ago I would in a heart beat.

When friends or coworkers ask me about this game my response is 'bbllaaarrgggg'. Then I offer the clean my vomit off their shoes.

If you truly don't like the game, why do you bother reading articles about it?
    Are the Gryphons a "must have" in this new story, or can you get by without one?

Hawkster said:

Because it was on the front page of the website.

Hawkster said:

Ok, but my point stands.  If it is about a game you have never liked....why read it?

Hawkster said:

Hawkster said:

Ok, but my point stands.  If it is about a game you have never liked....why read it?

Lol. An article about a game I regret paying my money for shows up on the front page of a website I frequently read, and you wonder why I read it?

I hope someone looking for a new mmo to play will read my post will decide to not buy this garbage.

I hate this game so much, that despite being a member of this website Since November 2012 and only doing 8 posts, I am willing to post about how much this game sucks.

If you don't like my posts, why are you reading them?
    Aeander
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    edited January 2019
    Keeping this spoiler free, but wow. This chapter is heavy. I don't even know where it can/will go from here. 
    tirwen

Hawkster said:

Hawkster said:

Lol. An article about a game I regret paying my money for shows up on the front page of a website I frequently read, and you wonder why I read it?

I hope someone looking for a new mmo to play will read my post will decide to not buy this garbage.

I hate this game so much, that despite being a member of this website Since November 2012 and only doing 8 posts, I am willing to post about how much this game sucks.

If you don't like my posts, why are you reading them?

To any folks thinking about playing GW2, go for it. Make up your own mind on if you like it or not. Don't let those that hate the game, nor the die hard fans, sway you. Try it out. See what you think yourself.
    tirwen
  • NicholousNicholous Newbie CommonPosts: 4
    edited March 2019
    Hawkster is correct, make your own mind up , play the game and decide.

Due to the fact that GW2 has a large population and is rated highly at all places I have looked at, I would say that the comments of ConquerorWorm represent a small minority of experiences with the game. In fact they may be just negative for negativity sake, as we all know that is the goal of some posts.

The game has a unique combat system, and game systems, that are refreshing.

In fact I would recommend Guild Wars (The Original). It is still active, with a small population. This MMO was the first of it's kind. There is no other game like it IMO. Do not miss the experience!