Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EA Reveals Anthem System Specs Ahead of Next Month's Release - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageEA Reveals Anthem System Specs Ahead of Next Month's Release - MMORPG.com

The EA Support site has been updated with the system specifications for BioWare's Anthem. Both the minimum system requirements and the recommended system requirements are available and include markers such as CPU, RAM, GPU and more.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KooturKootur Member UncommonPosts: 352
    I'm not really to confident this game will deliver with EAs grubby hand in it.
    NorseGodMauroDiogoJeffSpicoliAsm0deusSamhaelTacticalZombehScotdoomexCoolit[Deleted User]and 1 other.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited January 2019

Kootur said:

hope for the best, expect the unexpected... or maybe hope the expected won't happen :>

after all we know bioware once was able to deliver, same for EA. and even those they "said" this game wont have lootboxes, we can only hope and see that this is a fact and no marketing (they said the same about FO76, ait?)

engine looked good in the demo they showed us (aka "beta"), now let's wait and see if endgame can deliver

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• MauroDiogoMauroDiogo Member UncommonPosts: 53

Kootur said:

Destiny is already so heavily monetized. Imagine EA with a similar game. *shudders*

The only reason I'm not touching it it's because it's by EA.
    NorseGodJeffSpicoliTacticalZombehGdemami
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    There is a huge gulf between a RTX2060 (that was just announced) and the AMD RX480 on the Recommended requirements, but it's not that large between the 1060 and 480... Wonder why they felt the need to include something from the 2000 series on nVidia, but not say anything about Vega or the 500 series on AMD.

Whiskeydustnycplayboy78[Deleted User]
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I will be playing on Xbox One X. 
    Voidfarernycplayboy78BadSpock
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654

Kootur said:

Destiny is already so heavily monetized. Imagine EA with a similar game. *shudders*

EA: "...Don't buy the game."

Stock Market: Hold my beer...

EA: P-please buy our game?

Hope these things get straightened out or else Indy titles are going to get a huge boost (not that it's a bad idea) or this plane crashes with no survivors.

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

Kootur said:

As others have said in another thread the game is buy to play, free updates, no loot boxes. Maybe they plan to emulate Fortnite's approach.
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    Mikeha said:
    me too most likely..  i'd prefer to play on PC because it's easier for me but i'd have to upgrade it and i have 0 interest in the hardware so i wouldn't know what to get and how to install it.
    the X seems to be solid enough though.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Mikeha said:
    me too most likely..  i'd prefer to play on PC because it's easier for me but i'd have to upgrade it and i have 0 interest in the hardware so i wouldn't know what to get and how to install it.

Yea, my PC has been due for an upgrade for awhile now. Maybe I will get around to doing it in 2019. :)
    NorseGod said:

Kootur said:

EA: "...Don't buy the game."

Stock Market: Hold my beer...

EA: P-please buy our game?

Hope these things get straightened out or else Indy titles are going to get a huge boost (not that it's a bad idea) or this plane crashes with no survivors.

trust me.. no one is safe not even indie devs. the internet crowd is out for blood.
    whatever gets the most clicks,likes,shares etc.

hatin´ on stuff is what it's all about these days. doesn't even matter what it is.
    might as well be a macaroni stuck on your sock.

NorseGodPanserbjorne39

Mikeha said:
    Mikeha said:

Yea, my PC has been due for an upgrade for awhile now. Maybe I will get around to doing it in 2019. :)
    mine had what was considered pretty good stuff at 2015-16 but it's already gettin' old it seems :D 
    Gorwe

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    edited January 2019
    Mikeha said:
    Mikeha said:

Just a suggestion to consider.

Nothing really great or hard on rigs come out this year. If you're coming due for an upgrade, you could drag it out til 2020. Might even get a better one with the extra year you'll have saving up.
    ConstantineMerus
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    • 4 archetypes
    • Boring pacing
    • Simplified skill system
    If it walks like a Destiny and talks like a Destiny it's a Destiny.

I wouldn't bet against it being monetized similarly either. They're going to have to prove the speculation wrong. There's no good reason to not be skeptical.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

• 4 archetypes
    • Boring pacing

I wouldn't bet against it being monetized similarly either. They're going to have to prove the speculation wrong. There's no good reason to not be skeptical.

Would actually argue that based on what has been seen to this point that it is more shallow then either Destiny.

Flying as a primary means of travel unfortunately makes it look less interesting because you just fly hub to hub. I guess they could throw some blood thirsty pigeons in the sky.

Again this is opinion based on what we have been shown.  Seems pointless to craft a big beautiful world only to just skip over 80% of it.  Needless to speculate that exploration will not have a strong presence.

I wouldn't say it looks more shallow than destiny, considering that destiny is shallow as fuck. The flight system does have built-in limitations based on a overheat mechanic. Which can be alleviated by flying through or in water.

The combat seems to have a GW2-esque combo system too, where different archetypes can combine certain skills for superior effect.

Different archetypes effectively being classes looks a bit better than the destiny "class" system. Like the Storm wants to stay in the air providing various effects, etc. While the Ranger is your jack-of-all-trades, the Interceptor is the "DPS", with the Colossus being the "tank".

If the game itself is built with the flight mechanic in mind, exploration could very well be a large portion of the game.

From the little bit I've seen from their streams, it looks interesting. Looks better than Destiny 1 or 2 to me. I've played both and they're fun, but very shallow. The lack of PvP in Anthem could also be beneficial since they won't have to balance around the PvP aspect. So having the different archetypes being very hard locked into their roles could be a thing. The devs, at least, seem to have a lot of passion behind their project, which is always a plus.

Maybe, just maybe, one of the AAA studios will take a look at all of the massive hate that they are receiving over their shitty practices. See that stock prices are falling and sales aren't what they used to be. They'll look back at when their games printed money for them without the need for all of the added shit, and perhaps change their ways.

It's a distant hope, but you never know.

As always, it's wait and see.
  • axulthrullaxulthrull Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Im at the point I wish EA UBI and a few others DIDNT make the games they are making and someone else did lol
    i want anthem to be a success but the tainted stink of ea being the maker...just sours my taste
    they're not pretending it's something it's not.. it's people just comparing it to things they wish it was.

anyone who's even the slightest interested in the game would know what it'll be by now. 
    they've been quite open about it yet people still complain about it not being  whatever the hell they're after.

ShodanasConstantineMerusSupaMutantShadowStyleB

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    I am seeing windows 10 64 but I am also seeing dx11 so guess this will be playable on windows 7 and 8 too?

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited January 2019
    • 4 archetypes
    • Boring pacing

EA have stated it will be b2p, no loot boxes and free updates - so not like Destiny.

However if being enough like Destiny means it sells 20M+ copies I reckon EA will be very happy.
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    First time ever Bioware is about to release a title and my response is.. "meh".
    Octagon7711Bakgrindsomeforumguy
  • VaselVasel Member UncommonPosts: 226
    I am holding out hope. But not one dime until i see many reviews.
    Octagon7711Scotsomeforumguy
  • BeyornBeyorn Member UncommonPosts: 366
    I wouldn't be surprised if they added micro-transactions a month or two after launch. After all the reviews are in.
    NorseGodsomeforumguy

Kaneth said:

• 4 archetypes
    • Boring pacing

Would actually argue that based on what has been seen to this point that it is more shallow then either Destiny.

Flying as a primary means of travel unfortunately makes it look less interesting because you just fly hub to hub. I guess they could throw some blood thirsty pigeons in the sky.

Again this is opinion based on what we have been shown.  Seems pointless to craft a big beautiful world only to just skip over 80% of it.  Needless to speculate that exploration will not have a strong presence.

I wouldn't say it looks more shallow than destiny, considering that destiny is shallow as fuck. The flight system does have built-in limitations based on a overheat mechanic. Which can be alleviated by flying through or in water.

The combat seems to have a GW2-esque combo system too, where different archetypes can combine certain skills for superior effect.

Different archetypes effectively being classes looks a bit better than the destiny "class" system. Like the Storm wants to stay in the air providing various effects, etc. While the Ranger is your jack-of-all-trades, the Interceptor is the "DPS", with the Colossus being the "tank".

If the game itself is built with the flight mechanic in mind, exploration could very well be a large portion of the game.

From the little bit I've seen from their streams, it looks interesting. Looks better than Destiny 1 or 2 to me. I've played both and they're fun, but very shallow. The lack of PvP in Anthem could also be beneficial since they won't have to balance around the PvP aspect. So having the different archetypes being very hard locked into their roles could be a thing. The devs, at least, seem to have a lot of passion behind their project, which is always a plus.

Maybe, just maybe, one of the AAA studios will take a look at all of the massive hate that they are receiving over their shitty practices. See that stock prices are falling and sales aren't what they used to be. They'll look back at when their games printed money for them without the need for all of the added shit, and perhaps change their ways.

It's a distant hope, but you never know.

As always, it's wait and see.

Well thought out reply and appreciate it.

I agree that both Destiny games are shallow at their core so I was not really plugging them in a positive either but I have played both.

My general thought is that this will be a game where you have a story or cut scene ,go to mission and fly from hub to hub then followed promptly by more story. I honestly do not believe it will be any deeper than that. Bungie promised so much with Destiny and Bioware have made some of the same claims so skeptical is an understatement from my end.

I would also love to believe that EA has learned from past business practices but have seen nothing released in the last few months that points to that.

Agree this is very wait and see but as it stands from what they have shown I would rather play Kingdom Hearts 3 and Division 2 while waiting on ESO and FFXIV expansions.

For the record I was hoping Anthem would be much more than what was shown.
    I agree with pretty much everything you said. I also think it's a fairly dangerous time for these mmo-lite games to have poor performance as well. Considering how strong the single player market has been the last year, along with upcoming mmorpg releases. They'll lose support quickly if they are lackluster. I don't think Destiny 2 ever really recovered from their launch debacle.

FF XIV expansion looks to bring some interesting mechanics to the game. I really hope they address the story mission "problem" that isn't an additional $25 purchase.

ESO looks like they could potentially have a very strong year. Considering the recent datamine showing Dragons, Elsweyr and Necromancy. If the "leak" is true, it sounds like all of the DLC in the upcoming year is going to feature dragons in an overarching storyline. Very interesting concept that they could use moving forward as well.

As far as Anthem or even The Division 2 go. There's really no need to rush headlong into either game considering the competition. I could probably wait a full year before even giving either a serious look to see how things are going. Probably wind up with a much better experience in the end if I decide to buy as well.
    [Deleted User]
    Beyorn said:
    I wouldn't be surprised if they added micro-transactions a month or two after launch. After all the reviews are in.
    So they never said that there wouldn't be micro-transactions in Anthem, but specifically stated that nothing story related would be behind MTX. Some examples of potential MTX were cosmetic items. Some people even hazard a guess that they might sell new archetypes as well, since they aren't necessarily story related.
    Octagon7711
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    edited January 2019
    I don't see them turning over new a leaf. Keeping share holder happy comes first as EA see it.
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,821
    Kaneth said:
    Beyorn said:
    So they never said that there wouldn't be micro-transactions in Anthem, but specifically stated that nothing story related would be behind MTX. Some examples of potential MTX were cosmetic items. Some people even hazard a guess that they might sell new archetypes as well, since they aren't necessarily story related.
    You have to do story related quests to unlock the Javelins(other than Ranger which you start with) so, Yes, new Javelins would definitely be story related.