Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anthem: 15 Minutes of Lost Arcanist Gameplay - MMORPG.com

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Don't like flying in any game.I said it like 20 years ago when playing UT99 and seeing the translocator use.
    Why create maps if you are just going to basically "slow warp"which is what flying is, directly to your destination?Well to me the obvious reason is because the mapping is VERY shallow,just basic land generation with a bunch of trees.So to avoid the backlash of players saying "where is the content" "where are the assets"they just allow you to fly over all the boring land mass.

The more i think about this game is a Halo copy cat but a worse version of.

It also bears a strong resemblance to that cheap Skyforge game with the way these parcel/tiled maps are designed.
    NEVER like seeing hand holding markers on screen but then again,as i stated,there is NOTHING here to discover so again they are just telling you to hurry up and get to the marker or you will be bored to death.

Overall,i see a VERY shallow game,doing very little but then again i see so many enjoyed the shallow Dark Souls type games.
    Imo this is typical game design for an INDIE developer,see ONE gimmick >>"flying"and hope that carries the sales.If some people actually like this ,i see very little value,maybe 1 week play time then it collects dust forever.Then seeing how the game is doing almost nothing,i cannot fathom how they could add in any DLC's.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited January 2019
    So lots of flying over empty landscapes until you get to your battle then some combat. The landscapes range from really nice to downright fugly.

Some of the combat and abilities look nice though and it does appear the suits all have their own unique gameplay which is nice. Will wait to see how things go post launch.
    Yes you said it faster than me lol,but basically what i said as well.The suits/loadouts however only 3 and imo there will not be much versatility here at all.
    IMO this is a FAST low budget design.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• SolancerSolancer Member UncommonPosts: 121
    Anthem only looks good at eye level, but what you do in the game will be the determine factor, after all its what most game loop is suppose to be. As I see it this game is nothing really new beside the flying suit or else its pretty much a Destiny clone.

Not saying its not fun but if you play Destiny or any shooter like, well it will be not much different. Since its "New" so i guess ppl will waste that money regardless what's ppl opinion are. So I'm calling it, once the new finish wears off, you be bored 10-20 hours in, it depends on how much you can stand repeating the clear this part and shoot that boss at the end thing.

Fact is you can't equip dual lasers/missile pod on your suit knees well its a lead down in term of customization for me. A tiny missile pod for only one suit kills the how the hell you fit all them missile on such tiny launcher o_O??? Realistic aside, the fact you can't mount those weapon system everywhere is as boring as having only one gun out of million on your mech? I do wonder how much fun can you get out of that? To me at least that how it going to feel at the end for Anthem, but hey, you go waste that money for me and tell me I'm wrong :), thank.
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    Looks great, I can't wait to get my hands on it later this month.

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

Mensur said:

meh! this reeks of a fail.

lol really? How so? Because Warframe and Destiny, two games that are largely similar were pretty popular.
    ShadowStyleBConstantineMerus[Deleted User]

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• jordiincraasjordiincraas Member UncommonPosts: 59
    so it looks like it could be cross platform play? maybe? with Xbox and PC?
    Octagon7711
  • BrotherMaynardBrotherMaynard Member RarePosts: 567
    You managed to ask a question and answer it in a single line.

Hatefull said:

Because Warframe and Destiny

Also, EA + Bioware - how many second chances are there to give? And more importanly at this point: why?

If the game has excellent *user* reviews a few months after release, then maybe... But seeing all these boring uninspired videos, that's very unlikely.

Another technically brilliant, but bland, derivative, empty and entirely forgettable game, masterfully designed to keep the masses entertained exactly until the next release in the EA's annual cycle. Rinse & repeat.
    JeffSpicoli
  • sausagemixsausagemix Member UncommonPosts: 96
    joink blip bloop zerp ping

god this game might give me a gd migraine.
    It won't hurt me none to wait out the first month after the sponsored youtube/twitch streamers flood the net with it and the preorder whales move on to the next preorder.
    Dick1232
  • SabracSabrac Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Is it just me or there seems to be an unofficial requirement that sci-fi looter shooters these days need to have a quirky sidekick AI accompanying you in missions?
    You know like Ghost from Destiny and Ordis from Warframe?.

On a sidenote, the game seems decent as looter shooters go the flying aspect seems more like a gimmick to difference themselves from the pack though, doesn't appeal to me but those who really enjoy these kind of games might have some fun with it (If EA doesn't screw it up).
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    So basically just an updated Warframe with better flying. Nothing really new, but would most likely be a good time killer for a while.
    Dick1232
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    I don't know if Bioware can survive another flop, and this looks like a proper belly buster from the high board.

What were they thinking with this? It looks so painfully boring. If you can't even hook me with a curated gameplay teaser, you're not in a good place.
    BrotherMaynard
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I think I remember something about them reworking the story aspect to make it better.  Hopefully it will have a compelling story added that's not shown in this video.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    Good thing we have a free demo. 
    Dick1232
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    don't see any depth in the gameplay, but visually looks nice.
    Dick1232
  • Dick1232Dick1232 Member UncommonPosts: 54
    lol. You poor people who haven t played it and seen how amazing it is, I feel for you. Keep rambling your ideas of what it will be.
    [Deleted User]VexiusxCaffynated[Deleted User]doomex
  • crankkedcrankked Member UncommonPosts: 284
    Is this still an EA title? Never buying another game from EA, especially one that looks extremely boring.

I'm sure the masses who are stupid enough to keep buying the same game (Madden, CoD, etc....) every year will still be lining up out the door to throw there money at EA. Sad really.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited January 2019
    I'm worried they are focusing so much on making outstanding graphic visuals that they will release an empty game where the main gameplay loop is dull repeatable daily/weekly bounties just like Destiny and to a degree The Division.

This is not good. EAWARE has one chance to prove me wrong if they ever want my money again. This game must release with more and better content than Destiny, not a copy/paste of it. I didn't even waatch the whole video to notice it's a copy/paste from Destiny. On rails flying isn't different enough. Not Good.

Arterius said:
    I'm worried they are focusing so much on making outstanding graphic visuals that they will release an empty game where the main gameplay loop is dull repeatable daily/weekly bounties just like Destiny and to a degree The Division.

This is not good. EAWARE has one chance to prove me wrong if they ever want my money again. This game must release with more and better content than Destiny, not a copy/paste of it.
    as I excited as I am this is also my worry. It seems like you fly over barren landscapes until you mind your mission objective do it, fly some more, and so on and so forth until you finish the quest.

They announced the open beta will start players at lvl 10 and I hoping that the reason behind this is because the early game kind of sucks and they want to drop people off in the good stuff.
    Yeah, we will see what's up when open beta opens up. I really hope they don't screw this up.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited January 2019
    razor247 said:
    Hey looks, its Destiny AGAIN! Looks boring as crap. Let me guess 4 person gameplay with hubs not a true MMO...AGAIN!
    destiny? you didn't play destiny, did you?

uh and for the record, graphics and game design, totaly different departments/workers.

that's like saying your car should run faster, but it's blue, and therefor it can not bc they painted it blue.
    ConstantineMerus

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Thane said:
    razor247 said:
    Hey looks, its Destiny AGAIN! Looks boring as crap. Let me guess 4 person gameplay with hubs not a true MMO...AGAIN!

uh and for the record, graphics and game design, totaly different departments/workers.

that's like saying your car should run faster, but it's blue, and therefor it can not bc they painted it blue.
    You are correct, specially when it comes down to AAA production. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=yJo19lIZWJY

*drool*

yeah yeah i know EA is the devil and  you have no interest in this type of game so you felt the need to comment about it and how it's going to fail etc.
    Caffynated

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• VexiusxVexiusx Member UncommonPosts: 212

parpin said:

if it is buy to play with cosmetic cash shop i will definitely buy it.

This is not an MMO so will be buy to play with season pass or multiple dlc packs per year to buy.  With it being EA it will definitely have a robust cash shop.

The new norm is sadly $100 at least for a game and all its content.

Thanks for spreading false information.

The game will be Buy to play.
    With NO Paid DLC's (All updates will be free)
    No lootboxes only cosmetics which u can directly buy and know what it is and only add visuals no benefits.

In short 2000000000x better then Destiny 2's model.
    edited January 2019
    Thane said:
    razor247 said:

Correct me if i'm wrong but both departments work under the same budget. They put more money from that budget into graphics quality than content creation because unfortunately eye candy sells more. Otherwise we wouldn't have beautiful empty games that require 2-3 paid expansions to feel like a standard edition release.
    [Deleted User]

• CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=yJo19lIZWJY

*drool*

yeah yeah i know EA is the devil and  you have no interest in this type of game so you felt the need to comment about it and how it's going to fail etc.
    Was this sarcasm?

If not, what exactly did you see that was drool worthy? Some mobs that stand still for 10 seconds at a time while getting shot in the face and then launch a big slow attack that you can walk out of?

Yeah, that will have me drooling like an idiot after my brain dies from boredom.
    hallucigenocide
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    You managed to ask a question and answer it in a single line.

Hatefull said:

Because Warframe and Destiny

Also, EA + Bioware - how many second chances are there to give? And more importanly at this point: why?

If the game has excellent *user* reviews a few months after release, then maybe... But seeing all these boring uninspired videos, that's very unlikely.

Another technically brilliant, but bland, derivative, empty and entirely forgettable game, masterfully designed to keep the masses entertained exactly until the next release in the EA's annual cycle. Rinse & repeat.
    So, you did the same thing, Masterfully designed to keep the masses entertained...so again, how is it "made of fail". You evidently disagree with my statement yet you affirm it in your last paragraph. You counter your own point seemingly.

My point is, it is pretty identical to other successful games, why would this one not be? You can throw EA/BW out there as to why, however, despite the rather vocal minority of gamers that dislike them they tend to make money on their games. I don't like the game and most likely will not play it, but the questions stand; how, exactly is it "made of fail".

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.