Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallen Earth Team Ready to Take on 2019 for a 'Reboot, a New Game' or...Something Else - MMORPG.com

Comments

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Man, I still remember playing this game in beta.

I understand why people like the crafting in it, since you can make so much cool stuff, but it was just way too hands-off for my taste.
    I like more interactivity in crafting systems.  It was more like EvE's skill system, set it and wait.

Honestly, I never consider it a particularly good idea to pick up a dead IP and try to revive it.
    They should just build a new game with a similar foundation.
    They have an inside look at what was done and the flaws in its execution.  They should take that knowledge and redo it properly.
    They'll never build a real playerbase with this, unless they overhaul most everything anyway.
    Mendel[Deleted User]
  • kryntokkryntok Member UncommonPosts: 77
    I loved earthrise when it came out for about a month, Somehow they dropped the ball at endgame and then fell off the planet. I would love a reboot.

PS. Fallen earth reboot sounds cool too I guesse.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    This game has a lot of good mechanics at play , it's the game fallout 76 should have been. I think a slick coat of paint could bring this game off life support
    ConstantineMeruscheyaneAgent_Joseph
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    What is amazing is that this is practically the only post-apocalyptic MMO out there.
    I am emailing Todd as we speak. :)
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    completely forgot about this title, but it was a fun concept in a different genre, yet still felt familiar.  Would love to see a rebuild

• KlatideKlatide Member UncommonPosts: 15
    I loved and played this game so much. I'd love a reboot, starting from scratch with a new engine and updated mechanics would be really great.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Well I am hoping for a "Remake" of the game on a new game engine.

Fallen Earth was a good game, but having the lack of meaningful customizations, having to pay to respec your character every time, and no freedoms is what really made the game dull.

And yeah the game was better before it was sold off, so was "APB Reloaded" before Gamers First got hold of it the game was great.
  • newbismxnewbismx Member UncommonPosts: 276
    I'm surprised so many have fond memories of this.

I played for a awhile until it went F2P and except for the setting (which was quite cool) I felt the game really sucked.

I'll be up for retrying the game as long as I dont have to buy it again but tbh I have very little hope for this one.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I'll give this a try since I am playing Fallout New Vegas. Hope no one tries to kill me I will run away screaming 'mummy' if they do. Is there looting if they kill me? Please don't kill me!!
    Chamber of Chains
    edited January 2019
    Hey I like it. I am enjoying it I made it to Midway since the PvP does not include any looting I am happy. I will play this some more. Bit clunky the combat but I am liking all the options. I can craft just about anything so that is exciting. Is there housing?

I have decided I am going to play some PvP games I liked DAoC and I don't mind the PvP as long as I don't lose any loot then I am in. 

Should I sub? I saw the shop there was a monthly sub thing. Would it be useful to do so make life a little easier perhaps.
    Chamber of Chains
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    I was there back in the day, horses summoned in the bunker still bring a smile to my face. Ohh lord, the whining. Not a bad game, just a very rough and severely underfunded one.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

cheyane said:
    Hey I like it. I am enjoying it I made it to Midway since the PvP does not include any looting I am happy. I will play this some more. Bit clunky the combat but I am liking all the options. I can craft just about anything so that is exciting. Is there housing?

I have decided I am going to play some PvP games I liked DAoC and I don't mind the PvP as long as I don't lose any loot then I am in. 

Should I sub? I saw the shop there was a monthly sub thing. Would it be useful to do so make life a little easier perhaps.
    Depends on if it is worth it to you really.  I quit right before it went the F2P route.

Enjoyed it for what it was but like lahnmir pointed out, it was underfunded.  Tons of land and space but would have felt good as a world builder that is for sure.

Give it a little more time as Midway is just scratching the surface really and if still have fun in a week or so then sub up as you will get your money worth.  Though I am unsure what a sub does and does not give to be honest.
    Thank you I will give it some more play time before I decide.
    Chamber of Chains
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    the main problem was like always the way combat felt a little too slow for guns to be on, but it was a crafter wet dream, about you having to craft everything so you can use, but it did limit you  combat potential, I liked when factions did matter, with each one with a set of special skills and if you wanted to learn then all you had to move along then
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    edited January 2019
    I have no problem throwing some money at the game if I am playing it for more than a few hours a day. I feel it is a way to show some support. The game looks like it needs it. I always support games even if I can play without spending if I like it.  B)

I know that it is not that great for the PvP but for me a game like this that is open world and crafter's wet dream is perfect when I am not bothered by people trying to kill me and that would happen if it is crowded. Sounds  like an odd sentiment but I'm serious.
    Chamber of Chains
    cheyane said:
    I have no problem throwing some money at the game if I am playing it for more than a few hours a day. I feel it is a way to show some support. The game looks like it needs it. I always support games even if I can play without spending if I like it.  B)

I know that it is not that great for the PvP but for me a game like this that is open world and crafter's wet dream is perfect when I am not bothered by people trying to kill me and that would happen if it is crowded. Sounds  like an odd sentiment but I'm serious.
    since the game do look like a wasteland having a low pop kinda go well for it, it kinda fit, but if anything what people told me was always make 2 char, one for crafting and one for combat so you could maximize your skill

well lets see what they will do
  • PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    I wish Secret World had these game mechanics.
  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    As much as I love post-apocalypse alternate reality, that's a saturated market, like battle royale. They might be better off going for something else imo.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Palebane said:
    As much as I love post-apocalypse alternate reality, that's a saturated market, like battle royale. They might be better off going for something else imo.
    Because there are so many post apocalyptic MMORPGs out there? I can't think of another to be quite honest.
    edited January 2019
    Palebane said:
    Because there are so many post apocalyptic MMORPGs out there? I can't think of another to be quite honest.
    Hmm I am also having difficulty recalling a post apocalyptic MMORPG. Not MMO mind you but MMORPG which Fallen Earth is. May be secret world is post apocalyptic but it is more horror than post apocalyptic although some events were world ending in retrospect.

cheyane said:

since the game do look like a wasteland having a low pop kinda go well for it, it kinda fit, but if anything what people told me was always make 2 char, one for crafting and one for combat so you could maximize your skill

well lets see what they will do
    No, two characters is out for me I am going to try my best to raise one. I have altitis and this ruins most games by my getting burnt out plus I have spend money on the game and put it all on that one character. I won't craft everything and I am raising rifle only as my combat skill. I was very lucky and was invited to a very nice clan and they sent me a gun, vest and hat without me even asking and the rifle is fantastic. I am butchering everything and even took out a Scorpion Boss that chased me for a long time. I was scared it was too hard but it turned out my gun made putty of it.

Oh that is the other thing I found no way to know what level a mob is in relation to me and it is another aspect I am liking. The free skill based system is the other. Quest are well written and I like them a lot.

Chamber of Chains
  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    edited January 2019
    Palebane said:
    Fair enough. I guess my post apoc library is saturated. I also tend to lump survival games into the same category. I have GrimDawn, Fallout, and Metro as my go-to for post apoc and dont really enjoy survival games, though there seems to be a lot of them around.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

Palebane said:
    Palebane said:
    Fair enough. I guess my post apoc library is saturated. I also tend to lump survival games into the same category and there seems to be a lot of those around. I have GrimDawn, Fallout, and Metro I usually fall on for post apoc. Not big on the mundane survival aspects. I mostly just really enjoy the setting.
    you want to keep sp on this list together with MMO things get too far on the list, for MMO I don't think I can remember much of post apocalipt, unless some of the "horror" genre could be lumped, something like world goes dark for some reason don't need to be on earth or reality, if so I think I can put 2 more on the list
    The lightbearers

I understand from what I have read this faction is allied with Enforcers and Vistas although Vistas and Enforcers are enemies. I am playing a rifle toon and I may get a shotgun later as I am still low level. 

My question is, if someone could help me, if I pick Lightbearers whether I can have access to the rifles the Enforcers and Vistas sell and the Rifle skills too. How difficult is it to become allied enough to both Enforcers and Vistas while being a Lightbearer? Is this still the way it works or have things changed because I am not really interested in the Lightbearer faction except for the chance to ally with both Enforcers and Vistas to get the maximum I can for Rifles.
    Chamber of Chains
    cheyane said:
    The lightbearers

I understand from what I have read this faction is allied with Enforcers and Vistas although Vistas and Enforcers are enemies. I am playing a rifle toon and I may get a shotgun later as I am still low level. 

My question is, if someone could help me, if I pick Lightbearers whether I can have access to the rifles the Enforcers and Vistas sell and the Rifle skills too. How difficult is it to become allied enough to both Enforcers and Vistas while being a Lightbearer? Is this still the way it works or have things changed because I am not really interested in the Lightbearer faction except for the chance to ally with both Enforcers and Vistas to get the maximum I can for Rifles.
    don't matter, faction are more for quests and to lock your entrance in certain faction outposts, there is no more skills on faction, and gear is crafted, the best you can get is craft.

and before you could be lets say you wanted to be a enforcer, so you could after a long grind and doing quests go to all faction, so you started lets see light beares then after you get everything you start to do all vistas quests, who would give you faction points on that faction and half of it to tehy allied faction(see how to do it?) and double of that would be on negative on they enemy faction so if you get 100 on light you would get 50 on enforcer and vistas and 200 negativy on travelers? I think it was the enemy faction and 100 negative on chotas and techs, not happen now btw you only get the good and negativy against the enemy faction
    cheyane
    edited January 2019
    I heard that Vistas quest require help from level 55's . The Lightbearer is easy to medium difficulty. See the number of people playing this game and having to rely 55's might dampen my parade.

Lightbearer is absolutely hideous , I like Tech and Enforcer and Traveller. Chota too.

Traveller
    Lightbearers
    Tech
    Enforcer
    Image result for fallen earth faction chota armorChota
    Vista
    Post edited by cheyane on
    Chamber of Chains
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Man this lazy lame gimmick is being used a lot lately.Trying to rebrand or resell the same crap over and over again.Geesh i remember Smedley and then DBG did it with the very half assed H1Z1,trying to separate it into 2 games and resell both lol.
    Deves seem to have no ethics at all,they don't care if they take your last dollar .

This team might be trying to fool some people but here is a hint....
    The game was weak from day 1,had nothing to do with bugs and it looked very dated even way back when.

Get serious,get a better team,bigger budget,better engine and scrap this pile of junk.Try making a new game,yeah it'll take 5-7 years but maybe something was learned from the last,maybe you find the pot of gold with a new game,albeit i doubt it,this team imo does not have it.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.