Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anthem: 15 Minutes of Lost Arcanist Gameplay - MMORPG.com

13»

Comments

• ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 1,897
    crankked said:
    Is this still an EA title? Never buying another game from EA, especially one that looks extremely boring.

I'm sure the masses who are stupid enough to keep buying the same game (Madden, CoD, etc....) every year will still be lining up out the door to throw there money at EA. Sad really.
    I think the open beta will help and after launch if Bioware keeps to there word and only have cosmetic MTX that you can also earn in game. Even if the game is good if there is loot boxes injected I am out. Reason I don't play ESO. If I am going to buy a cosmetic to help a game get free expansions I want to know what I am getting.

That said I think if Bioware keeps there word and the story is good I think people will be on board. The EA haters will never play it but I don't think that will hurt them to much in sales. It is all going to depend on reviews and word of mouth after launch. I have hope in the game after I played the alpha that I pre-ordered. Just hope they don't burn me with lootboxes.
  • razor247razor247 Member UncommonPosts: 59
    Hey looks, its Destiny AGAIN! Looks boring as crap. Let me guess 4 person gameplay with hubs not a true MMO...AGAIN!
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,025
    edited January 7
    I'm worried they are focusing so much on making outstanding graphic visuals that they will release an empty game where the main gameplay loop is dull repeatable daily/weekly bounties just like Destiny and to a degree The Division.

This is not good. EAWARE has one chance to prove me wrong if they ever want my money again. This game must release with more and better content than Destiny, not a copy/paste of it. I didn't even waatch the whole video to notice it's a copy/paste from Destiny. On rails flying isn't different enough. Not Good.

• ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 1,897
    I'm worried they are focusing so much on making outstanding graphic visuals that they will release an empty game where the main gameplay loop is dull repeatable daily/weekly bounties just like Destiny and to a degree The Division.

This is not good. EAWARE has one chance to prove me wrong if they ever want my money again. This game must release with more and better content than Destiny, not a copy/paste of it.
    as I excited as I am this is also my worry. It seems like you fly over barren landscapes until you mind your mission objective do it, fly some more, and so on and so forth until you finish the quest.

They announced the open beta will start players at lvl 10 and I hoping that the reason behind this is because the early game kind of sucks and they want to drop people off in the good stuff.
    rojoArcueid
    Arterius said:

This is not good. EAWARE has one chance to prove me wrong if they ever want my money again. This game must release with more and better content than Destiny, not a copy/paste of it.
    as I excited as I am this is also my worry. It seems like you fly over barren landscapes until you mind your mission objective do it, fly some more, and so on and so forth until you finish the quest.

They announced the open beta will start players at lvl 10 and I hoping that the reason behind this is because the early game kind of sucks and they want to drop people off in the good stuff.
    Yeah, we will see what's up when open beta opens up. I really hope they don't screw this up.

• ThaneThane Member RarePosts: 3,429
    edited January 7
    razor247 said:
    Hey looks, its Destiny AGAIN! Looks boring as crap. Let me guess 4 person gameplay with hubs not a true MMO...AGAIN!
    destiny? you didn't play destiny, did you?

uh and for the record, graphics and game design, totaly different departments/workers.

that's like saying your car should run faster, but it's blue, and therefor it can not bc they painted it blue.
    ConstantineMerus

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 2,691
    Thane said:
    razor247 said:

uh and for the record, graphics and game design, totaly different departments/workers.

that's like saying your car should run faster, but it's blue, and therefor it can not bc they painted it blue.
    You are correct, specially when it comes down to AAA production. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    • Song of the Week: Blackfield by Blackfield from Blackfield (2005)
    • Currently Playing: Devil May Cry 1
    • Favorite Drink: Bruichladdich Black Art 5th 1992
    • Gaming Timeline: Arcade, Commodore 64, Amiga 500, SEGA, IBM, PS, PC, PS2, More PCs, PS3, Giant PC, PS4, No More PCs, PS4 Pro.
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,003
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=yJo19lIZWJY

*drool*

yeah yeah i know EA is the devil and  you have no interest in this type of game so you felt the need to comment about it and how it's going to fail etc.
    Caffynated

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• VexiusxVexiusx Member UncommonPosts: 185

parpin said:

if it is buy to play with cosmetic cash shop i will definitely buy it.

This is not an MMO so will be buy to play with season pass or multiple dlc packs per year to buy.  With it being EA it will definitely have a robust cash shop.

The new norm is sadly $100 at least for a game and all its content.

Thanks for spreading false information.

The game will be Buy to play.
    With NO Paid DLC's (All updates will be free)
    No lootboxes only cosmetics which u can directly buy and know what it is and only add visuals no benefits.

In short 2000000000x better then Destiny 2's model.
    edited January 7
    Thane said:
    razor247 said:

Correct me if i'm wrong but both departments work under the same budget. They put more money from that budget into graphics quality than content creation because unfortunately eye candy sells more. Otherwise we wouldn't have beautiful empty games that require 2-3 paid expansions to feel like a standard edition release.
    Xodic

• CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 546
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=yJo19lIZWJY

*drool*

yeah yeah i know EA is the devil and  you have no interest in this type of game so you felt the need to comment about it and how it's going to fail etc.
    Was this sarcasm?

If not, what exactly did you see that was drool worthy? Some mobs that stand still for 10 seconds at a time while getting shot in the face and then launch a big slow attack that you can walk out of?

Yeah, that will have me drooling like an idiot after my brain dies from boredom.
    hallucigenocide
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,185
    You managed to ask a question and answer it in a single line.

Hatefull said:

Because Warframe and Destiny

Also, EA + Bioware - how many second chances are there to give? And more importanly at this point: why?

If the game has excellent *user* reviews a few months after release, then maybe... But seeing all these boring uninspired videos, that's very unlikely.

Another technically brilliant, but bland, derivative, empty and entirely forgettable game, masterfully designed to keep the masses entertained exactly until the next release in the EA's annual cycle. Rinse & repeat.
    So, you did the same thing, Masterfully designed to keep the masses entertained...so again, how is it "made of fail". You evidently disagree with my statement yet you affirm it in your last paragraph. You counter your own point seemingly.

My point is, it is pretty identical to other successful games, why would this one not be? You can throw EA/BW out there as to why, however, despite the rather vocal minority of gamers that dislike them they tend to make money on their games. I don't like the game and most likely will not play it, but the questions stand; how, exactly is it "made of fail".

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,267
    Feels really boring because there's hardly any music.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.