Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For all the WoW refugees coming to ffxiv

Comments

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    cheyane said:
    Dinasty said:
    FFXIV is definitely not worth $16 a month.

As bad a shape WoW is in, it's still a better game.
    I paid like 9 Euros when I was playing. The subscription has become $16 really wow did not realise that it went up.
    Same price as when it launched unless you pay for a bunch of extra retainers.
    You don't need those retainers well I never needed them anyway. So 9 Euros still then.
    Chamber of Chains
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    cheyane said:
    cheyane said:
    Dinasty said:

I paid like 9 Euros when I was playing. The subscription has become $16 really wow did not realise that it went up.
    Same price as when it launched unless you pay for a bunch of extra retainers.
    You don't need those retainers well I never needed them anyway. So 9 Euros still then.
    €10,99

Wanted to sell some stuff and found those love birds -_-

MrMelGibson

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited January 2019
    I do not play FFXIV although i did a couple years or three ago for about 6 month.
    I am not a fanbois however i cannot see why ANYONE would continue to play Wow a game i was last subbed to about 4 months ago.
    FFXIV is basically the same sort of design as Wow but different in a better way and offers a lot more than Wow.

I know people often complained of FFXIV combat and classes and mentioend they only get good at higher levels,well.........lol  did those same people actually play WOW because Wow is incredibly boring  as the combat and class design constantly put me to sleep.

This is the main reason i tuck by FFXI all these years the class and combat design is just miles better because it is not handcuffed and offers way more versatility and strategy.However if FFXI combat class structure was not simply the best,then i would say i would likely be playing FFXIV still but then again maybe not because i detest non open world battles as well the the item level idea is an instant delete for me and why i quit FFXIV.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    I hardly ever hear anybody talking about this game.

In fact, the only time it ever appears in a discussion is when it's not mentioned in a list of popular MMORPGs.

Somebody always replies with "Don't forget FFXIV!" It's kinda funny when they do it.
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Phry said:
    Are there any Wow players wanting to play that grindfest ? That's the question.
    They had to go somewhere i guess, i suspect a number of games have gained a 'few' more players.  ;)
    Right what are the options? ESO, GW2, or FFXIV are pretty much it and all of them stink.
    delete5230Palebane
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    edited January 2019
    Phry said:
    They had to go somewhere i guess, i suspect a number of games have gained a 'few' more players.  ;)
    Right what are the options? ESO, GW2, or FFXIV are pretty much it and all of them stink.
    I would play any of these games before WoW. 
    delete5230hallucigenocidealkarionlogPalebane[Deleted User]

Phry said:
    Swtor, lotro and rift
    MrMelGibsond_20alkarionlogPalebane

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Does FF14 still have the 250 part mandatory quest line ? 

I'm not crazy about the small zones, but that long solo quest line where you have to go across the world and touch something and return really killed it for me.

A multi player game should have any solo quest line at all.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Ahh sorry it was 11 euros I got it wrong thanks @Dragnelus
    Chamber of Chains
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

I'm not crazy about the small zones, but that long solo quest line where you have to go across the world and touch something and return really killed it for me.

No, now it's more like 1,000.  But you can skip it if you pay money!  But not all of it....

lol

No, now it's more like 1,000.  But you can skip it if you pay money!  But not all of it....

lol
    Imo you got till summer (new expansion) to level.

Just enjoy the msq if not buy a potion.
    MrMelGibson

• anothernameanothername Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Coming from various MMOs I think FF14 is nice. I think a bit how I envisioned a future improved WoW 10y ago. Not a big fan of the restricted weapon/class marriage. Leveling to 50 and do all main quests just to reroll to a class which is allowed to touch a 2H sword is a bit annoying but not that dissimilar from BDO (just without multiclass) which I played more recently and to where WoW headed with these artifact weapons from what I heard. I do miss my BDO frigate though.
    NorseGod said:

In fact, the only time it ever appears in a discussion is when it's not mentioned in a list of popular MMORPGs.

Somebody always replies with "Don't forget FFXIV!" It's kinda funny when they do it.

Probably too busy playing ;)
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    ... and to where WoW headed with these artifact weapons from what I heard.
    You've possibly understood it wrong.
    Artifact weapons have always been able to be re-skinned to whatever type of weapon you can use. So even if (e.g.) your artifact looked like a halberd, you could just re-skin it to your favorite 2h sword without problems, as long as your class is able to use 2H swords.

hmm if that is the case why make weapons? make it essence you wear in a slot and all gear and armor is skins.

I think a old anime MMO used these, you could wear any weapon and armor pieces, its was just skins, you wear essences who would give stats
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • anothernameanothername Member UncommonPosts: 200
    ... and to where WoW headed with these artifact weapons from what I heard.
    You've possibly understood it wrong.
    Artifact weapons have always been able to be re-skinned to whatever type of weapon you can use. So even if (e.g.) your artifact looked like a halberd, you could just re-skin it to your favorite 2h sword without problems, as long as your class is able to use 2H swords.

Maybe its not that restrictive as BDO/FF14 yet; but its continually devolving in terms of character development freedom. Last time I logged in my DK got two 1h swords dropped in her inventory and all combat skills stopped working with her weapon of choice: 2h weapons; which I did collected quite some transmoggs. I just logged out and cancelled at that point. Later I heard thats because artifact weapons... but I really did not cared at that point why it happened or about WoW in general anymore.
    Coming from various MMOs I think FF14 is nice. I think a bit how I envisioned a future improved WoW 10y ago. Not a big fan of the restricted weapon/class marriage. Leveling to 50 and do all main quests just to reroll to a class which is allowed to touch a 2H sword is a bit annoying but not that dissimilar from BDO (just without multiclass) which I played more recently and to where WoW headed with these artifact weapons from what I heard. I do miss my BDO frigate though.
    NorseGod said:

Probably too busy playing ;)
    I sure am!

Still need to try mahjong.

• Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Well I'm a former WoW player and now a FFXIV player.  I like it fine.

d_20
  • moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    Viper482 said:
    These WoW GCD changes suck....let me leave and go play a MMO where the GCD sucks worse.....said no one ever. 
    Stay grey my dude.
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    edited January 2019
    Even Signs of Kelani taking a dark view of WoW today.

10 Reasons Why People Are Unsubbing From BFA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4Yl607frzE 

d_20 said:

Never heard of her. I hop from wow and ffxiv all the time. 

MrMelGibson

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Dragnelus said:
    d_20 said:

She is just one of many, there is a growing trend for people to make video's complaining about various aspects of BfA that they are unhappy with, is because there is a growing number of complaints from WoW fans that are genuinely unhappy with the direction the game has gone in, the fact that BfA is thought of so poorly is because BfA is to WoW what ME:Andromeda was to Mass Effect, its taken the game in a weird direction and has very little in the way of 'real' content that isn't repetitious fluff that has virtually no meaning.
    Palebane
  • LinifLinif Member UncommonPosts: 338
    The only real gripe I can agree with, when it comes to moving from WoW to FF14, are the invisible walls and loading screens. Things feel somewhat linear in comparison to WoW.

However, what I don't agree with is the gripes about GCD. Granted, combat in the beginning feels slow. Later on, the weaving of so many oGCDs in to your rotations makes combat as fast paced (If not faster) when compared to WoW. Rotations are more complicated and class fantasy is achieved far more successfully.

I have a problem with levelling alts. Playing and doing the same quests over and over again to level an alt. In FF14, every single class is playable on one character. Want to level that other class? Here's a 100% increase in XP gained to make up for the lack of main story questlines.

Gathering and Crafting actually feels like a profession. Instead of just right clicking a plant then left clicking a craft button, you need to gear your professions, learn the gathering and crafting rotations. I'm still having to use materials from the original game to do end-game crafts, making materials valuable no matter what expansion lands, that's insane. There's an actual END-GAME for crafting and gathering. The best players are almost Artisans in their own right.

Going back to the original gripe: areas, dungeons and raids indeed feel linear. Areas aren't nearly as large and (For me) that takes away from the world a fair bit. But it's not nearly enough to say FF14 isn't as good as WoW. If the two games were to combine, it'd be a godly combination.
    Phry said:
    Dragnelus said:
    d_20 said:

She is just one of many, there is a growing trend for people to make video's complaining about various aspects of BfA that they are unhappy with, is because there is a growing number of complaints from WoW fans that are genuinely unhappy with the direction the game has gone in, the fact that BfA is thought of so poorly is because BfA is to WoW what ME:Andromeda was to Mass Effect, its taken the game in a weird direction and has very little in the way of 'real' content that isn't repetitious fluff that has virtually no meaning.
    I agree but as a really casual player I must admit I have fun doing lfr and some mhytic dungeons, bgs and some quest content.

• seshsesseshses Member UncommonPosts: 67
    cheyane said:
    Dinasty said:

Did you have extra retainers because those can add up your monthly fees