Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for

gagemackay1gagemackay1 Member UncommonPosts: 13
Can't see any dedicated sections for recommendations of games so apologies upfront if this doesn't belong here

Looking for A recommendation for crafting MMO's (I know there are a thousand out there just looked through alot of them LOL but still couldn't find what i was looking for)

have seen the recommendations

for EQ2 which i think had a great crafting system but was limited by the level requirements
old school recommendations ive seen alot are for Ultima and Albion online both of which seem interesting and will be trying out but not quite what im looking for,
and EVE is by far what gets recommended to me the most but not a fan of the sci-fi genre

What I am looking for and Its quite likely it Doesn't exist is 

A MMO, that still holds a decent play base, has a crafting system as fun as Everquest 2 but without the Limit to one profession if possible and that dosent start requiring 1day+ hours to learn a recipe that's a deal breaker for me. the only thing i seek is that the MMO that this system is in is gear based strength not level based strength, The biggest issue that I had with Crafting is that when you get to high tier crafting the mats you need even for basic crafting are dropped by high level mobs. I don't mind this but it forces me to spend weeks to attain the high levels to be able to slay these mobs, but if the game is gear based and my crafting has been worked on long enough i have the ability to either craft the gear i need to defeat these mobs or the mats to sell to be able to buy this gear.

Any help is appreciated, im sure collectively the users on this forum will have tried every MMO in existence lol

Thanks 

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351
    If you're looking for a crafting MMORPG and haven't previously tried A Tale in the Desert, then you have to try it.  It's a weird game and doesn't even have combat at all.  But it will change your viewpoint of what's even possible to do with crafting in an MMORPG.
    gagemackay1anemo
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    The problem with crafting in modern mmoprg's: 
    1) Their so easy, no one needs to buy your stuff. 
    2) Everything in the games drops better loot. 
    3) Everyone out levels crafted stuff with fast leveling.
    [Deleted User]
  • LithuanianLithuanian Member UncommonPosts: 542
    Well, your requirements are too high. I know none mmo that meets them

One option could be Istaria, but:
    a) Pay to play only, since your level is capped at 15, if you don't pay
    b) tiny population.
    Istaria's pros:
    1) multiclassing. FInish as many classes as you wish. Only one could be active, but no problem to switch: abandon one class [as active] to learn new one.
    2) Player driven economy. Best combat equipment is either crafted (socketed items) or looted in high lvl areas.
    3) You may craft gear and in fact you will have at least 2 sets of gear: combat one and crafting one. You mau craft everything, best items are crafted or looted in high lvl areas.
  • Hawkaya399Hawkaya399 Member RarePosts: 620
    edited January 2019

(skip)

A MMO, that still holds a decent play base, has a crafting system as fun as Everquest 2 but without the Limit to one profession if possible and that dosent start requiring 1day+ hours to learn a recipe that's a deal breaker for me. the only thing i seek is that the MMO that this system is in is gear based strength not level based strength, The biggest issue that I had with Crafting is that when you get to high tier crafting the mats you need even for basic crafting are dropped by high level mobs. I don't mind this but it forces me to spend weeks to attain the high levels to be able to slay these mobs, but if the game is gear based and my crafting has been worked on long enough i have the ability to either craft the gear i need to defeat these mobs or the mats to sell to be able to buy this gear.

Any help is appreciated, im sure collectively the users on this forum will have tried every MMO in existence lol

Thanks

(I bolded the part I'm responding to)

It's not possible to buy those mats in auction or market? Do you mean these mats are nodrop so you have to actually be there to get the mat?

One game I know of where the crafting is a centerpiece to the game is Ryzom. It's an old MMORPG though. I'm not sure if its crafting is what you're looking for.  The problem with your request is there're hundreds of MMORPGs worth trying, and it's hard to know exactly what their crafting system is, let alone find people who've played them. So I think it's possible there's an MMORPG with the right crafting system, but it might not be right in other ways. You can't be too picky.

To help get you started on your search I'll post some of the most popular MMORPGs. MAny are on steam. The player reviews should give clues about their crafting systems.

... Probably THE most popular (most dates are NA release):
    World of Warcraft (2004)
    Elder Scrolls Online (2014)
    Black Desert Online (2016)
    FFXIV (2013)
    Archage (2014)
    Lord Of The Rings Online (2007)
    Star Wars: The Old Republic (2011)
    Rift (2011)
    Guild Wars 2 (2012)
    The Secret World (2012)
    Tera (2012)
    Aion (2010)
    Bless Online (2018)
    Eve Online (2003)
    Star Trek Online (2010)
    Neverwinter (2013)

Many (more) asian or anime themed--some not well known:
    Soulworker (2018)
    Kritika Online (2017)
    Skyforge (2017)
    Riders of Icarus (2016)
    Tree of Savior (2016)
    Florensia (2016)
    Aura Kingdom (2014)
    Divine Souls (2014)
    Ragnarok Online 2 (2013)
    Blade and Soul (2012; NA 2016)

Few others:
    Life is  Feudal (2018; pure sandbox; pvp-centric)
    Stash (2017; turn-based; 3d isometric)
    Albion Online (2017; sandbox/mmorpg)
    Shroud of the Avatar (2018; sandbox/MMORPG hybrid)
    Villagers and Heroes (2011; sandbox/mmorpg)
    Xsyon  (2011; pure sandbox; pvp-centric; pure sandbox)
    DC Universe Online (2011; action-oriented)
    Vindictus (2010; action-oriented)
    Runes of Magic (2009)
    Eldevin (2013; sandbox-lite)
    Runescape (2001; kept updated)
    Dungeons and Dragons Online (2007)

There're more MMORPGs out there, but they're generally small to tiny pops, older and sometimes 2d or text-based. Sometimes they're emulated servers.

Also there're many early access on steam. Examples are Arcfall or The Repopulation. I tried, above, to only post full release MMORPGs.

Good luck.

Post edited by Hawkaya399 on
  • gagemackay1gagemackay1 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    wow thanks hawkaya399, ill have a good look through those and see if anything fits I appreciate the time you've taken to reply