Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ascent: infinite Realm Will Let You Build a House That Can be Resource Rich - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• CIB3CIB3 Member UncommonPosts: 121
    Woaaaaaa... this is what I call a true revolution in gaming!
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    edited January 2019
    Thane said:

who the hell needs instanced housing
    Me :D

I will take instanced housing over the open world mess any day.

The exception being an MMO where the devs do something against the hideous rampant building EVERYWHERE (a la Ultima Online, where you couldn't even properly move through the "wilderness" half the time due some house blocking you) and that the game world is big enough that those who aren't there on day one aren't completely fucked over.

Or a hybrid system like BDO's. The houses are there, visible in the world, but the interiors are instanced.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• AlteiirAlteiir Member UncommonPosts: 33
    I think I'm going to pass on this game or at the very least wait until I see some kind of positive feedback from this game when it launches. From what I've seen, it looks like a Bless clone. I think there was even a Lazypeon video detailing it, but I can't find it. Cryy did some coverage on the topic as well (link below).

(Go to 4:47)
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited January 2019
    Alteiir said:
    I think I'm going to pass on this game or at the very least wait until I see some kind of positive feedback from this game when it launches. From what I've seen, it looks like a Bless clone. I think there was even a Lazypeon video detailing it, but I can't find it. Cryy did some coverage on the topic as well (link below).

(Go to 4:47)
    "A:IR is like a re-skinned Bless w/ steampunk"

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Thane said:

who the hell needs instanced housing
    Me :D

I will take instanced housing over the open world mess any day.

The exception being an MMO where the devs do something against the hideous rampant building EVERYWHERE (a la Ultima Online, where you couldn't even properly move through the "wilderness" half the time due some house blocking you) and that the game world is big enough that those who aren't there on day one aren't completely fucked over.

Or a hybrid system like BDO's. The houses are there, visible in the world, but the interiors are instanced.
    Same, it was an ugly shitshow in UO and in SWG.  

I thought that Tibia did a cool thing, where they would have areas in the open world set aside, and you competed in an auction for the property.  Not everyone could have a house, but not everyone needed one either.  Not just that, but the housing "districts" were quite large so there was not an extreme shortage of them either.  

Perfect solution to having open world while also not destroying the open world.
    Azaron_Nightblade
  • meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917
    Will this be as terrible as Archeage?! I can see companies seeing the money that game made from all of the whales when it launched and think they can make it right now!
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

Wizardry said:

In case some don't  realize,all these systems when added to games requires more servers to run the game,that is why games like Wow don't have housing and other games are missing ideas we would expect to see in a mmorpg.
    They like to create sub programs that can run throughout and easily just add inputs into the triggers that make for a couple thousand identical quests we see so often.So seeing an idea like this with housing and plots/gardening etc etc,brings a smile to my face because it is a whole separate set of commands that needs it's own system to run.

This is the kind of stuff i look for that says and you hear me say it a LOT>>>.EFFORT.

How does ESO manage to sell all those houses? Or is it different because all of them are instanced?

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    The only housing I ever really liked in a game was Skyrim and I didn't even use them all that much. SWG was good but I ended up just using those for storage. I just can't think of a great use for housing in games.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• TacticalZombehTacticalZombeh Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Reply to Octagon7711... since the board lost my reply button again (yes I'm logged in).

ESO housing is completely instanced. I'm not even sure you can see the homes in the world, you just tp there. The smallest homes are single/double rooms, the biggest are castles and full estates with outdoor areas.
    Octagon7711
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

"Reminds me of Archeage ...and that's a good thing"

Farmers Hat - 150 gems

Farmers Coat - 450 gems

Farmers Gloves - 150 gems

Farmers Pants - 350 gems

Farmers Boots - 250 gems

==================================

Farmers Pack - 1150 gems (You save 200 gems)

Buy 1200 gems now for $69.99 and get an additional 100 gems

I see that stuff and would be auto delete forever.

Anyone knows me,i am quite a harsh critic but as of right this minute,i would play this mmorgp over any other ,except FFXi lol.
    So as long as they don't screw it up ,i could see myself playing this at some point down the line,if i am still alive...sigh.Not a knock on the timeline,i do have serious health issues that is maybe why i am so impatient demanding a AAA mmorpg,tired of waiting.

I see sooo much change in the way people think and design games now a days,i have pretty much come to the conclusion i will simply not like 99% of the games coming out,they do not relate to how i want to play games.Too bad because back in the 80's/90's i had VERY high hope for all of the game genres,i thought i was going to see games 10-50x better than what i am seeing.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.