Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Next Chapter of the Elder Scrolls Online Has Been Datamined (SPOILERS) - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageNext Chapter of the Elder Scrolls Online Has Been Datamined (SPOILERS) - MMORPG.com

If you don't like spoilers, stop reading now! The Elder Scrolls Online datamining community has done it again and has ferreted out the next chapter in the game's story. Players will be heading to the Khajiit lands in Elsweyr and will find an all-new story and huge new enemies to take on: Dragons! In addition, players will have a new class to try out in the form of the Necromancer.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited January 2019
    "A war against the Dragons that unfolds and builds over four quarterly releases to an unexpected climax."

If this is so I am sure they will want to highlight Skyrim and leverage the huge commercial success that the game had to grow ESO.

Needless to say some folks are upset about lore and timeline issues but have to see how it is implemented I suggest. In past games time has been used in a flexible manner - re-fight a past battle to save the present etc. Then again this could be a full on summoning of dragons by necromancers from some other dimension.

Make sure to get the number of the donkey cart though!

• parpinparpin Member UncommonPosts: 220
    awesome if true. eso is my second mmo,i love when i see my mmos are doing well and getting content on regular basis.
    RemyVorenderSetzer
  • Nhisso13Nhisso13 Member UncommonPosts: 74
    ESO's classes are trash and spamming the same 5 boring skills over and over is something a monkey could do. So thank idiots who let devs get away with mediocrity.

Enjoy mages that cant even summon a simple fireball without holding a staff, plebs.
    parpinblack_isle[Deleted User]Ozmodan[Deleted User]gastovski1Mikehask8chalifSinsaiBananableand 5 others.
    Nhisso13 said:
    ESO's classes are trash and spamming the same 5 boring skills over and over is something a monkey could do. So thank idiots who let devs get away with mediocrity.

Enjoy mages that cant even summon a simple fireball without holding a staff, plebs.
    You haven't played the game have you.
    OzmodanRexKushmangastovski1Sinsai[Deleted User]MrMelGibsonSetzerNordicApache
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited January 2019
    is it just me..... or have dragons been gone since the dragon war, and only reappeared in the time of skyrim?

dragon war was year 0, era 1. and quite frankly, ESO plays in 4th era, 201
    "They were virtually extinct until 4E 201, when they resurfaced in Skyrim with the return of Alduin."

elder scrolls online was, afaik, 582, 2nd era.

soooo.... they tell us now that ESO ain't canon?

gervaise1 said:
    Nhisso13 said:

just sayin, still better than potter :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Looking forward to the Necromancer class that sounds awesome.  My biggest complaint is the skills bar is so limiting.    Took a respite from ESO for the winter, wonder when this is coming out?
    Octagon7711Viper482
    gervaise1 said:
    Nhisso13 said:

No but he watched twitch!

Lots of things I do not really like about the class system but those are not them.

For instance I hate the smart healing as it feels off but as a healing templar it is what it is.
    No I don't think he/she even watched Twitch. I would be surprised if a streamer wasn't using weapon swap.

The comment also ignores skill lines that are not dependent on a weapon e.g. the Mage's Guild skill line.
    Sinsai
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    As a altoholic I'm really looking forward to playing a Necromancer in ESO. Best gaming news I've heard in awhile.
    vanillasadaSinsaiMrMelGibson

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    That looks interesting. Game has come a long way from the beta I played and gave up on. I must go back and play again.
    [Deleted User]
    Chamber of Chains
  • BalticthunderBalticthunder Member UncommonPosts: 58

Thane said:

is it just me..... or have dragons been gone since the dragon war, and only reappeared in the time of skyrim?

"They were virtually extinct until 4E 201, when they resurfaced in Skyrim with the return of Alduin."

gervaise1 said:

Nhisso13 said:

Who cares about lore anymore! Players wanted dragons and necromancer class, so here you go. Money talks!
    perrin82
  • BeyornBeyorn Member UncommonPosts: 366
    Did someone say......necromancer?
  • nastilonnastilon Member UncommonPosts: 150
    Necromancer tank with drains - here I come!!!!
    Octagon7711Sinsai
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    This is a game I think could have done so much better with traditional tab-targeting and a few action bars of skills.
    NorseGodRexKushman[Deleted User]Cayleragastovski1Gobstopper3D
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
    Make it a necro vamp and it's party time...
    Fiction  The Written Word
    Sinsai

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,971
    Compare this too another MMO where "Something big has happened that means you can't go to a city somewhere and some major NPC's have had a half baked story created to explain why they are acting totally out of character." It is rather refreshing to see ESO doing expansions like this. :)
  • syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404
    ok i found this game to be boring and such, but allways wanted to try a necromancer in a mmorpg.
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Viper482 said:
    This is a game I think could have done so much better with traditional tab-targeting and a few action bars of skills.
    I would never ask for them to change this, but, I wish they would. It's holding me back from playing more than I do. I think the rest of the game is great.
    Octagon7711gastovski1
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • MickyknoxMickyknox Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Hope some of them Dragons make there way into Cyrodiil and burn them Blue/yellow basterds :)
    Sinsai
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,852

As a altoholic I'm really looking forward to playing a Necromancer in ESO. Best gaming news I've heard in awhile.

Yeah, that's what I thought about the Warden before and the crushing disappointment pretty much drove me away permanently.

Not going to get all "OMG this gonna be so awesome!!!" over Necromancer as well just to be severely disappointed again.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    "Dragons?!" *channels the inner Skyrim guard!*

And hell yes on the Necromancer! :D
    SBFordSinsai

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• perrin82perrin82 Member UncommonPosts: 285

Thane said:

gervaise1 said:

Nhisso13 said:

Who cares about lore anymore! Players wanted dragons and necromancer class, so here you go. Money talks!

Maybe I'm in the minority but lore matters to me.
    SBFordTrolldefender99[Deleted User]Gobstopper3DrojoArcueidSovrath[Deleted User]

Thane said:

Money is indeed crucial and the Elder Scrolls IP is valuable; its why Z supported ESO after its less than stellar launch and why they have continued to add to it. And of all the ES games Skyrim has been the biggest so it makes sense that - at some stage - more of Skyrim would be added. (It had a small part when it launched.)

As to how they handle dragons as far as lore goes as I said above I think we should wait. In previous es games dragons have been encountered in various ways and in - say - Terry Pratchett's Guards! Guards! a noble dragon was summoned by magic from a dimension to which they had travelled. Events that formed part of the PC game Discworld many years ago with its "infamous" donkey cart reference.
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    i am beyond excited for this finally getting Necromancer
    SBFordTrolldefender99Octagon7711YashaXSetzer
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Elsewyr isn't much of a spoiler really since Murkmire had a huge hint for it just like Clockwork City pointed to Summerset.

The Necro is a big nod to the fan base who have for years been asking for it. Quite the retro move by ZOS when all other studios have been pissing off their fans by giving them the opposite of what they want. Personally I'd prefer no new classes and more skill lines but whatever.

But a big WTF about the dragons lol... something they said over and over did not fit with the lore of the time period. But hey, maybe we'll get to see Razum-Dar jump over one on water skis? :)
    Octagon7711YashaX
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Xiaoki said:

Yeah, that's what I thought about the Warden before and the crushing disappointment pretty much drove me away permanently.

Not going to get all "OMG this gonna be so awesome!!!" over Necromancer as well just to be severely disappointed again.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Necro was a copy/paste of Warden.  With a Lich instead of a bear, various undead used like spells, debuffs, and drains for healing, and a tanking skill line added.  I enjoy playing the Warden, so this variation wouldn't bother me.