Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anthem: 15 Minutes of Lost Arcanist Gameplay - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageAnthem: 15 Minutes of Lost Arcanist Gameplay - MMORPG.com

IGN managed to score some game time with Anthem recently and has released a video featuring a full mission called the Lost Arcanist. Three of the javelins are featured: Interceptor, Storm and Colossus.

Read the full story here

Comments

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    This is what Warframe SHOULD play like, not that floaty 0 gravity BS. Excited to give this a try when it comes out.
    MikehaInteritus[Deleted User]Scellow[Deleted User]
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,625
    The robot voice sounds just like the one from Destiny 2. In fact this game reminds me of Destiny except you're flying.
    Octagon7711Hatefull
  • ShadowStyleBShadowStyleB Member UncommonPosts: 315

mcrippins said:

The robot voice sounds just like the one from Destiny 2. In fact this game reminds me of Destiny except you're flying.

And the fact it will more than likely have a story in the game instead of going to a website to learn the story. Oh and it being third person except in the Fort where the story takes place.
    [Deleted User]Kalafax

"You think this "A" stands for France?" Captain America

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,625

mcrippins said:

And the fact it will more than likely have a story in the game instead of going to a website to learn the story. Oh and it being third person except in the Fort where the story takes place.

Sorry I wasn't trying to imply that it wouldn't be better. I think it will probably be miles better than D2. Just a lot of similarities.
    [Deleted User]
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,324
    Yawn!
    JeffSpicolisausagemix
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    so close to release now i can taste it :P 
    [Deleted User]

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• parpinparpin Member UncommonPosts: 220
    if it is buy to play with cosmetic cash shop i will definitely buy it.
  • kertinkertin Member UncommonPosts: 259
    hmm looks like a bad game with nice graphics, reminds me battlefron 2
    AlomarJeffSpicoli

parpin said:

This is not an MMO so will be buy to play with season pass or multiple dlc packs per year to buy.  With it being EA it will definitely have a robust cash shop.

The new norm is sadly $100 at least for a game and all its content.

Actually there is no season pass for this game. They have stated several times that it will have free updates. Now I am not saying they won't have things down the road but as of right now they don't have a season pass and have stated free updates. https://gamerant.com/anthem-no-season-pass-dlc/
    MrMelGibson

• 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    I'll wait couple months before buying the game to make sure EA won't stick their predatory lockboxes after getting positive reviews during first month.

And I'm a bit less worried about Anthem now as I've tried The Division and it turned out it's improved a lot - so I'm insured out of gaming disappointment by The Division 2 released in February.
    [Deleted User]

Thank you for your time!

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Looks nice, but it plays boring as hell. They need to mix up the pacing.

Go here to do this
    OH NO SCARS clear them
    Ok do this
    OH NO SCARS clear them
    Oh sh!# boss kill it
    OK come back I got a story to tell

I spaced out watching it. 

NO #FOMO here.
    [Deleted User]WarlyxJeffSpicoliIselinsausagemix[Deleted User]
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

parpin said:

This is not an MMO so will be buy to play with season pass or multiple dlc packs per year to buy.  With it being EA it will definitely have a robust cash shop.

Actually there is no season pass for this game. They have stated several times that it will have free updates. Now I am not saying they won't have things down the road but as of right now they don't have a season pass and have stated free updates. https://gamerant.com/anthem-no-season-pass-dlc/

Article sounds a bit like Destiny when it launched with the whole story for years to come part.

That being said there  is no way that EA does not find a way to monetize this.  Stock price is in the toilet and they need to show positive gains.  Nickle and diming people is their way of doing business.  

I guess for me I don't look at the publisher as much as some. I look at the development team and their track record with their games. I know some are going to bring up Andromeda and that fiasco but they forget the other games before that or the Dragon Age games. I mean EA is the publisher for Titanfall 2 and that game was good.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    looks like we are getting bored in no time , flying looks tons of fun , graphics are amazing , but if the gameplay is , fly there , kill stuff , fly back , kill boss , fly there , protect (aka kill mobs again) and done...

0 innovation over generig shooters
    [Deleted User]Solancerdoomex
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

parpin said:

With paid expansions probably.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    No way I can play this game. Too fast the action.
    Chamber of Chains
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    I think its bad, Actually i know its bad when im watching a 15 minute gameplay video and skipping through it in 40-50 second chunks because its so goddam boring. Gonna need a free open Beta to try this one hands on in order to sell me. What iv seen so far is a hard pass and the fact its a EA Game makes it so much easier .
    doomex
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

Hard to tell from just one mission. Will have to play in a final beta or wait for real player reviews. Off hand this reminds me of Skyforge with instanced private and perhaps public mission zones.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• jgDuffayjgDuffay Member UncommonPosts: 237
    really looks cool to fly around ironman style, just hope it's actually fun and functional when playing it and not just gimicky to draw in sales. Then i would rather have fast travel.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    Actually you could fly like that in City of Heroes/Villains so that approach to combat is not new.
    Chamber of Chains
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,507
    meh! this reeks of a fail.
    exile01BrotherMaynard[Deleted User]JeffSpicoli

mmorpg junkie since 1999

parpin said:

Article sounds a bit like Destiny when it launched with the whole story for years to come part.

That being said there  is no way that EA does not find a way to monetize this.  Stock price is in the toilet and they need to show positive gains.  Nickle and diming people is their way of doing business.  

I guess for me I don't look at the publisher as much as some. I look at the development team and their track record with their games. I know some are going to bring up Andromeda and that fiasco but they forget the other games before that or the Dragon Age games. I mean EA is the publisher for Titanfall 2 and that game was good.

Some would argue Bioware has not had a decent game since DA:O.

Ever since they have purposely injected politics and social issues I have lost interest in most of their offerings.  

Still will keep a eye on this from a distance.  Might play it once it hits a sale over the holidays or something but gameplay to this point outside of some cool novelty with the suits is lacking for me.

This notion of politics in Dragon Age games being new is surprising to me. All those games heck a lot of RPGs have politics just not real life politics. I think when people see politics they believe it is going to talk about the here and now and they forget that each of these games has a political climate in the games. Even in DAO you had to chose rulers and even if the king to be at the end would die or survive. This notion of politics in games is a new supposed SJW trick is just people not paying attention to the games they themselves play.
    cheyane[Deleted User]MrMelGibson

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    I am happy that there is a Demo we can Test. Tbh i think they did the Demo because they are confident about what they have with Anthem. I would rly love to get a "good Game". So i am looking forward to that Demo and then decide if that's a buy or not buy.
    ShadowStyleBOctagon7711
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Prefer shooters where you actively have to avoid being hit. I can't stand these mmo-lite shooters.
    [Deleted User]
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    So EA wants me to pay them to play warframe....?
    Ilaya said:
    I am happy that there is a Demo we can Test. Tbh i think they did the Demo because they are confident about what they have with Anthem. I would rly love to get a "good Game". So i am looking forward to that Demo and then decide if that's a buy or not buy.
    If it wasn't for the free weekend with The Division I never would have played it so much.  If you have a good game, or a bad reputation with games, or a bad game that you've redone and made good, a demo or free play period is the best thing a company can do.  After what happened with Mass Effect, a demo is badly needed.
    Ilaya