Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Rumored Perfect World: Remastered Subject of Leaked Combat Trailer 2019

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : Rumored Perfect World: Remastered Subject of Leaked Combat Trailer 2019

First rumored in 2018, it appears that there is a legit project underway for Perfect World: Remastered. YouTuber "ArchoEyrda" posted the video earlier today and revealed a few facts about Perfect World: Remastered.

• Unreal Engine 4
  • combo-based combat 
  • different combinations yield different "follow up effects" if learned
  • some timed attack combos
  • supports gamepad
  • no release date yet, though Alpha is supposed to begin in Q1
  • XBox One version is rumored to come after the PC release
  • motion blur
  • weather system
  • destructible environment
  • dynamic character movements & ragdoll physics
  • monsters will respond to player actions

Read the full story here

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    That doesn't even look anything close to perfect world. It's a remake, if anything.. not a remaster. It looks so different that it could be launched as PW2. If it's actually real of course... Why would they call something that's completely different a remaster when it could easily be marketed and released as a brand new MMO?
    PhryMargraveSolancerGamePlay4Uqomaarbi15Oscar1230
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    The "Remaster" bit is the poster's interpretation / translation.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    "First rumored in 3028"

My God . . . time travel is real!
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    More SPAM combat,.....next.
    bgzgamerCyber_wastelandSolancerGamePlay4UWhiteshade92qomakoldmiser

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Why is the resolution so low in this day and age?
    koldmiser

• Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    But can Winged Elves still fly at lv 1 and charge people to fly them around
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Another one to add to my watch list.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Hopefully it is a remastered version and not remake, as PW has a ton of content and could hold a lot of new players for a long time. The combo system is a good call. It made Aion a very fun game for being tab.
  • SolancerSolancer Member UncommonPosts: 121
    Action combat is been done to death at this point, if they do go there they got to have very high precision hit boxes or else this be another fail copy of action combat already been nailed by Blade and Soul. Having said that are PWE really sure want to go to that space and be compare to BnS?

Although, the video sure show nothing like Perfect World, and more importantly is this game going to have the same amount of race/classes other wise it be lame all turn out to be all melee classes >_>. Will drop this game fast, if this new game is all about melee crap.
  • GamePlay4UGamePlay4U Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Perfect World game... Hard Pass.
  • achmedeachmede Member UncommonPosts: 215
    This reminds me of Cabal for some reason.

Just remember that this mmorpg is still alive after all these years and it has quite big playerbase.
    This game will have lots of players, despite publishers reputation.
  • SabracSabrac Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Ahh PWI, my poison of choice regarding mmos a long time ago,
    i used to play it a lot back in the day, until they packed so much p2w that i couldn't stand playing it anymore but that's PWE tactics for ya.

BTW, did i just saw them using QTE's?! nah... is nothing to worry about, is not like grinding for hours on end with those quick time events won't get boring and tedius after a while :D
    Tsiya
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    looks good , hope the gameplay is solod and worried about how P2W its gonna be , we are talking about perfect world here....so its gonna be p2w 100%
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Do we know if it will be Perfect World BR or Perfect World Survival yet?
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    edited January 2019
    Looks like one of these modern mobile mmos: Linage mobile, Aion 2 mobile, etc. etc. etc. PWO was for me one of the best MMORPGs at that time. It had really everything: Flying mounts and combat, good music, deep character system, lots of dungeons, lots of characters to chose, good pvp, huge map, etc.
  • TsiyaTsiya Member UncommonPosts: 280
    Arrgh, I started playing PW:I when it was PW:M lol. Light werefox 4lyfe!

• ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    that's what Blizzard should have done instead of a fucking retarded WoW: Classic
  • achmedeachmede Member UncommonPosts: 215

Scellow said:

that's what Blizzard should have done instead of a fucking retarded WoW: Classic

Why ? Community has been asking for WoW clasic for years.
    They made the right choice, they are really late but WoW clasic will have decent playerbase.
  • ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398

achmede said:

Scellow said:

Why ? Community has been asking for WoW clasic for years.

They made the right choice, they are really late but WoW clasic will have decent playerbase.

That's not how you give your decade old game another boost and hope it to last another 10 years

What they have done is only just to satisfy the current / previous player base, nothing else

From a marketing PoV this is a terrible decision, you'll see, WoW will die with classic for good, split player base etc etc
    NorseGod