Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For all the WoW refugees coming to ffxiv

Comments

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    edited January 2019
    I would totally play this, but I'm in Korea and there's a Korean version (which nobody in Korea seems to play) and I'm IP blocked from the US and Japan servers because of it. I've even used a vpn, but SE "knows" it and won't let me log in. My vpn used to work and I made characters on Tonberry, but then they got strict about it with the Korean launch a couple of years ago. Hardasses.

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    d_20 said:
    I would totally play this, but I'm in Korea and there's a Korean version (which nobody in Korea seems to play) and I'm IP blocked from the US and Japan servers because of it. I've even used a vpn, but SE "knows" it and won't let me log in. My vpn used to work and I made characters on Tonberry, but then they got strict about it with the Korean launch a couple of years ago. Hardasses.
    Ahh that sucks, also if you use na/eu account on ps4?

Leveling a archer atm :open_mouth:

PalebaneMyrdynn

Dragnelus said:
    d_20 said:
    Yes, Korean PS4 is isolated. They have their own service and games and stuff like FFXIV and ESO aren't even available. 
    rojoArcueid

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited January 2019
    d_20 said:
    Dragnelus said:
    d_20 said:
    Yes, Korean PS4 is isolated. They have their own service and games and stuff like FFXIV and ESO aren't even available. 
    That's a shame, they should have added Korean servers to the main data centers. I can create characters in Japanese servers using my NA account and play with no issues.

EDIT: as for the main topic. I'm not a WoW refugee. I alternate my sub between the two games. Right now i have 2 months left on my WoW sub then i'll be back to XIV(on PS4)
    d_20

Are there any Wow players wanting to play that grindfest ? That's the question.
    On the reddit and ingame party and novice chat I meet alot of wow players.

Just dingen 120 on mw monk. Now in gonna level my archer and gonna enjoy the classquests
    Phry

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654

[Deleted User]KalebGrayson[Deleted User]
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    They had to go somewhere i guess, i suspect a number of games have gained a 'few' more players.  ;)
    NorseGodd_20Octagon7711[Deleted User]
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,825
    Dragnelus said:

Are you sure that's FFIV, a character with jeans? Looks more like SWL to me. :)
    ConstantineMerusdelete5230
    Phry said:
    They had to go somewhere i guess, i suspect a number of games have gained a 'few' more players.  ;)
    LOTRO seems busier these days than I remember it in the past couple of years.

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Dragnelus said:

That's like BDO and TSW had a child together. 
    Dragnelusdelete5230Scot
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    Scot said:
    Dragnelus said:

Are you sure that's FFIV, a character with jeans? Looks more like SWL to me. :)
    Got the jeans from the veteran reward, I kinda like it.
    Scot

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Dragnelus said:

That's like BDO and TSW had a child together. 
    The head of BDO, body of TSW and the backround of 9 Dragons Online !

Kind of creepy
    ConstantineMerus
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    edited January 2019
    d_20 said:
    Dragnelus said:
    d_20 said:
    Were you using a free VPN or paid service ?
    Chamber of Chains
    cheyane said:
    d_20 said:
    Dragnelus said:
    d_20 said:
    It's a paid service.

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    NorseGod said:

Oh lord.
    KalebGrayson
    d_20 said:
    cheyane said:
    d_20 said:
    Dragnelus said:
    d_20 said:
    It's a paid service.
    Oh that's harsh so sorry to read that but something I have learnt thanks.
    d_20
    Chamber of Chains
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    If you are a WOW player who misses , I don't want to say the "complexity" of old wow so lets say choices then FFARR is the game you should be subbed to. The crafting and skills ie combat are so much more rewarding then current WOW. It reall y is the best theme park MMO on the market right now. I'm thinking about renewing my sub and start getting ready for the next xpac.
    Viper482
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    There does seem to be more and more people from WoW starting to fan out to other games such as LOTRO and FFXIV which makes sense.  FFXIV is a much slower pace from a lot of standpoints so I would be a little surprised it would make folks from WOW happy but 
    To your point of FFXIV being slower and whether it would make fans of WOW happy im going to say those that have gotten into WOW post MOP might not enjoy or even like it as much as  the old player who is waiting on a classic reboot.
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• DinastyDinasty Member UncommonPosts: 210
    FFXIV is definitely not worth $16 a month.

As bad a shape WoW is in, it's still a better game.
    Viper482KalebGraysondelete5230[Deleted User]
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Dragnelus said:

You know what I like about that screenshot.  Its a fairly normal looking depiction of a person with a bow.  I'm not a big fan of the stylized models.
    Dinasty said:

I paid like 9 Euros when I was playing. The subscription has become $16 really wow did not realise that it went up.
    Chamber of Chains
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Dragnelus said:
    The complete edition for NA was marked down to around $30 or so around the time the Steam Winter sale was going on. Looks like they ended the sale though.
    cheyane said:
    Dinasty said:

I paid like 9 Euros when I was playing. The subscription has become $16 really wow did not realise that it went up.
    For me its 10,99 euro for only 1 character per realm and 12,99 for multiply.

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    edited January 2019
    These WoW GCD changes suck....let me leave and go play a MMO where the GCD sucks worse.....said no one ever. 
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!