Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Foundry 42 Financials Released

1789101113»

Comments

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    sgel said:
    Erillion said:
    They already fixed thousands of bugs and are going strong, supported by their fanbase and player testers writing detailed bug reports. 

Making SC by squashing bugs one after the other. This may be a "bug" planet ;-), but not for long :-D

Have fun

Jeez... the propaganda ;D
    We should be grateful, everyone needs a laugh in the morning.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Durzax said:
    Funny,
    EVERY other fucking game on the planet can do a PATCH POST LAUNCH to FIX PROBLEMS that have cropped up or slipped through the QA PROCESS,  yet CIG doing so is the end of the fucking world.
    Hypocrisy extreme, for which the only known cure is a broken jaw.
    Did you just get so mad about skeptics/critics you implied they deserved to be physically assaulted?  Just wanna be clear what extreme the supporters of crowdfunded projects are willing to go to support the project's reputation.
    NorseGodOctagon7711Kefotweedledumb99

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I did notice on BBB their status dropped from A+ to A- as some backers are still fighting their refund policy.  
    NorseGod

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Durzax said:
    Funny,
    EVERY other fucking game on the planet can do a PATCH POST LAUNCH to FIX PROBLEMS that have cropped up or slipped through the QA PROCESS,  yet CIG doing so is the end of the fucking world.
    IF they ever go POST launch you might have a point....
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited January 2019
    Durzax said:
    Funny,
    My standard is that companies should aim for zero bugs (six sigma say) at launch and judge what they achieve against that. With games that are knowingly released with bugs - Bethseda games, recent WoW expansions etc. - getting the criticism they deserve.

As far as SC goes the alpha patch notes show a steady drumbeat of new fixtures, bug fixes and indeed new bugs! The bugs in SC don't bother me though since I don't consider it a released game or even in early access. Didn't realise that so many people considered SC to be released.

What will be interesting is how the MVP will be treated.  
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited January 2019
    That post was just ridiculously aggressive... sigh

Anyway, SC has gotten major improvements on playability with issues fixed on the updates the past year, more than what they ever achieved before.

It's not propaganda to say such, it's a reality.

SC still has years of optimization, polish and fixing ahead of it, obviously a continuous work but that will only be the full focus when we start hearing about SC's Beta, not yet.
    MadFrenchie
  • GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791
    gervaise1 said:
    Durzax said:
    Funny,
    My standard is that companies should aim for zero bugs (six sigma say) at launch and judge what they achieve against that. With games that are knowingly released with bugs - Bethseda games, recent WoW expansions etc. - getting the criticism they deserve.

As far as SC goes the alpha patch notes show a steady drumbeat of new fixtures, bug fixes and indeed new bugs! The bugs in SC don't bother me though since I don't consider it a released game or even in early access. Didn't realise that so many people considered SC to be released.

What will be interesting is how the MVP will be treated.  
    I agree with you but the only problem I see is one of CIG's own making. There have been (early on) promises made as to timelines and such which slipped as feature creep continuously moved the goal posts. That jaded a lot of folks because they had either high expectations early on for a sooner then later release, or a slightly different product then what first promised. Then of course you get the vocal nigh sayers that are out there regardless of the good or bad. I personally think CIG is NOW on track and will launch a game sometime in 2019 or 2020. I really do feel though that if it slims beyond that mark that there are going to be dire consequences.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    MaxBacon said:
    That post was just ridiculously aggressive... sigh

Anyway, SC has gotten major improvements on playability with issues fixed on the updates the past year, more than what they ever achieved before.

It's not propaganda to say such, it's a reality. Sad to see the thread is taking a turn into aggression and hyperbole.
    Its not hard to get better when it was basically unplayable before. You have no where to go but up. But after spending 200 million rebuilding an engine at least once and then piggy backing off Amazon the past 2 years they SHOULD be showing improvements.

Worst thing about all this is if THIS is as good as Amazons new MMO is going to run its going to be another in a long list of failed games.

No matter how much money you have or how much you think you can spend your way out of something broken shit is just broken. 200 million for what this nonsense s proves that beyond any doubt. Even if they didnt piss some of it away or funnel some off somewhere they have spent enough money to make a couple games already, They dont even have a quarter of one.
    NorseGod
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Lol make a post showing off a hilarious bug and tongue in cheek it and get a threat of violence. Yeah the white knights are definitely a stable bunch. And for those with the scathing replies ready after reading this yes it is also a joke as I don’t lump you all together based on how the minority react.

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396
    Star Citizen?  Number 1 or number 2 game in development cost.  And this is what you have.   All those other games?  They're released.  That's what bad management will get you.   

Maybe they can get something out in 2020 (like I predicted back in 2014), but if they're claiming that date, then past evidence says it won't happen. 

Guess they then may need another investor to pony up more....
    MadFrenchieKefoNorseGod

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Star Citizen?  Number 1 or number 2 game in development cost.  And this is what you have.   All those other games?  They're released.  That's what bad management will get you.   

Maybe they can get something out in 2020 (like I predicted back in 2014), but if they're claiming that date, then past evidence says it won't happen. 

I have a feeling that will be a common theme among crowdfunded MMORPGs: the money will actually end you being less efficiently spent than via traditional publishing.

• newbismxnewbismx Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Kefo said:
    Lol make a post showing off a hilarious bug and tongue in cheek it and get a threat of violence. Yeah the white knights are definitely a stable bunch. And for those with the scathing replies ready after reading this yes it is also a joke as I don’t lump you all together based on how the minority react.

Better watch out- A tough guy might reach through the monitor and break your jaw.

Like children lashing out with violence because someone hurt their feelings about a game.
    kikoodutroa8
    newbismx said:
    Kefo said:

Better watch out- A tough guy might reach through the monitor and break your jaw.

Like children lashing out with violence because someone hurt their feelings about a game.
    I just treat them the same way I dealt with bullies in real life. Ignore their empty threats and laugh at them trying to act like tough guys.

Given some in the SC community it’s not unexpected. CR has cultivated a culture of entitled children who can’t handle criticism which works perfectly for him because they will either 
    A) blindly defend the game
    B) throw more money at the game to show those critics 
    C) both A and B 
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654

They have to release SQ42 soon. They are out of money.

I see this happening:

They release a shell of a game. Followed by "Episode 2" then "Episode 3" and so on until they reach the completed game they sold everyone.

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
    NorseGod said:

They have to release SQ42 soon. They are out of money.

I see this happening:

They release a shell of a game. Followed by "Episode 2" then "Episode 3" and so on until they reach the completed game they sold everyone.

Except according to their roadmap it’s not due to beta until next year and given how terrible they are at keeping timelines I wouldn’t expect something until  2021 maybe 2022. 

I can see CR selling off more of the company to get more money for “marketing” while quietly porting the game to consoles in an attempt to fleece more money from that crowd. Backers won’t know about it until it’s ready for release as this is the most open development ever.

Then, in my opinion, the game will tank as people don’t want a game that is mostly cutscenes interrupted by a few QuickTime events(yes I have no idea what gameplay will be like and this is an opinion) and CR will be unceremiously booted, again, from his own company.
    NorseGodErilliontweedledumb99