Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seriously? The best overall MMORPG from this site is ESO or FFXIV?

BlazerXBlazerX Member UncommonPosts: 86
So how much did you guys receive to say that?
delete5230YashaXmmolouNorseGodMensurBeezerbeezTruvidien88

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    How much did you receive to say otherwise?

If every website had the exact same scores and top games then why would more than one site exist?
    craftseekerYashaXanemoBeezerbeezSinsai

• psychosiz1psychosiz1 Member UncommonPosts: 200
    I know.  I understand your point.  Hence the problems we currently have in the mmo field presently.
    delete5230
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Both were awful no doubt
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    BlazerX said:
    And your best MMO is?
    SovrathScotYashaX

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Ginaz said:
    BlazerX said:
    And your best MMO is?
    Clearly, Vendetta Online

MikehaKyleranCaffynatedLokero

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081
    This site is useless for that kind of stuff.  Why do you even care?
  • LuidenLuiden Member RarePosts: 336
    While I can see your point about the choices.. name me something that is better?  Name me a real MMORPG that isn't raping it's customers through cash shops, loot boxes and whatever other bullshit idea they come up with?
    LackingMMOIlayadelete5230Sinsai
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Given the current climate of MMORPGs all your title needs; is to be working as in get passed splash screen, have a semi accessible launch day, and have enough PVE activities to get through the honeymoon period and you're guaranteed a 5.5 - 6 here. Bonus points given for being "nice", working "hard", being around a while, and other fluff.

I can't really blame anyone either because it's either the above or it's some perpetual paid alpha/beta/early access foolery that people with 10 posts say "I can't wait, this looks incredible" and never post ever again.

In that regard ESO and FFXIV deserve to be the best  :D
    [Deleted User]
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    It's not like there have been a lot of high quality alternatives to come out recently. ESO, WoW, or FFXIV would have been what I would have considered as well, as sad as that is.

Not saying those are bad games, just that they are aged - and nothing has come along any better yet.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    edited January 2019
    BlazerX said:
    I'll 2nd what Ginaz asked.

Why wouldn't they be the "best" of the year? Both have high production values, a decent sized community/playerbase and are updated regularly. Both have quite a bit of content and more content coming down the pike.

But go ahead, give us the game you think should have been best overall and "why."

Because we can play "tin foil hat" as well. Maybe you were just hired to come here and be a troll to discredit the site?

Oh, I doubt it, but if the staff from this site was paid to make their "specific choice" even though there is a lot of information/evidence that supports that choice then you can just be a paid troll.

Or maybe they have their opinion and you have yours and there is no more to it than that?

RexKushmanMrMelGibsonScotSBFordIlayaYashaXNorseGodBeezerbeezSinsai
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Luiden said:
    While I can see your point about the choices.. name me something that is better?  Name me a real MMORPG that isn't raping it's customers through cash shops, loot boxes and whatever other bullshit idea they come up with?
    EVE.

Spreading clarity across the gaming universe.

;)
    NorseGodBeezerbeez

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Luiden said:
    EVE.

;)
    Eve was released in what.. 2003?  If it's still the best then that's an indication of just how terrible the situation is.
    Sinsai
  • gelraengelraen Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Ridelynn said:
    It's not like there have been a lot of high quality alternatives to come out recently. ESO, WoW, or FFXIV would have been what I would have considered as well, as sad as that is.

Not saying those are bad games, just that they are aged - and nothing has come along any better yet.
    Ummm... pretty well Guldwars 2. It certainly kicks ESO and FFXIV’s ass in every way possible. It may not be the taste of some WoW fans because of the limited gear grind, but it’s certainly one of the top MMORPGs on the market right now.
    Dragnelusmmoloupsychosiz1Sinsai
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Luiden said:
    Kyleran said:
    Luiden said:
    EVE.

;)
    Eve was released in what.. 2003?  If it's still the best then that's an indication of just how terrible the situation is.
    2003 EVE and 2018 EVE might as well be two different games entirely.  Only the most basic, core concepts are even recognizable at all.

They aren't even remotely the same in gameplay, graphics, ship models, tactics, meta... practically nothing is the same at all.

The Trinity patch in 2007 drastically changed the game.

The Apocrypha patch in 2009 drastically changed it once again.

Kronos in 2014, Citadel in 2016 and Lifeblood in 2017 were all fairly significant game changers too.

In fact, a couple of years ago when they gave all of the "Suns" in the game new models, they commented at the time that it was the last piece of legacy code in the game that hadn't been changed, and it's been changed now too.

On top of that, the servers have gone through two complete and total refreshes.  They are now even running virtualized servers for a lot of different tasks.

In fact, what we have now, could easily be called EVE Online III and it wouldn't be far from the truth at all.
    [Deleted User]Phaserlight[Deleted User]Interitus
  • SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472
    ESO is the best.  Probably best mmorpg of all time... duh.

Sz  :)

YashaXViper482psychosiz1Mikeha
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Ginaz said:
    BlazerX said:
    And your best MMO is?
    Clearly, Vendetta Online

That sounds like a personal vendetta.....
    Phaserlight
    H0urg1ass said:
    Luiden said:
    Kyleran said:
    Luiden said:
    EVE.

;)
    2003 EVE and 2018 EVE might as well be two different games entirely.  Only the most basic, core concepts are even recognizable at all.

They aren't even remotely the same in gameplay, graphics, ship models, tactics, meta... practically nothing is the same at all.

The Trinity patch in 2007 drastically changed the game.

The Apocrypha patch in 2009 drastically changed it once again.

Kronos in 2014, Citadel in 2016 and Lifeblood in 2017 were all fairly significant game changers too.

In fact, a couple of years ago when they gave all of the "Suns" in the game new models, they commented at the time that it was the last piece of legacy code in the game that hadn't been changed, and it's been changed now too.

On top of that, the servers have gone through two complete and total refreshes.  They are now even running virtualized servers for a lot of different tasks.

In fact, what we have now, could easily be called EVE Online III and it wouldn't be far from the truth at all.
    I'm not saying it's bad at all, I admire Eve for what they have done.  But what I'm saying is given the technology advancement over what is getting close to 20 years it's amazing that we have zero MMORPGs worth a flying crap these days.  It's a testament to Eve.
    H0urg1ass
  • RegnorRegnor Member UncommonPosts: 112
    What do all 3 of these mentioned: WoW, ESO, FFXIV, have in common? None of them forces their players into non-consensual PvP. There's a reason they're so successful.
    SBFordIlayadelete5230YashaXpsychosiz1Sinsai

Men do not stop playing because they grow old. They grow old because they stop playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

• fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428
    OmG r U 4 SErIouS?!
    psychosiz1
  • TeakStrangiatoTeakStrangiato Member UncommonPosts: 34
    FFXIV and ESO are both *VERY* good MMORPGs.  Its not even a case of "tallest midget", these games deserve praise.  I haven't played GW2 since HoT and haven't kept up to date on it, but it was an excellent MMORPG as well during HoT.

In terms of quality and quantity of content, FFXIV is the best MMORPG in the last decade.  Sure, its not for everyone.  Many don't like the combat, world layout, all of that.  That's fine.  Doesn't mean its not a great game, just not the right game for you.

YashaXSinsai
  • ConquerorWormConquerorWorm Member UncommonPosts: 10
    edited January 2019
    "Ummm... pretty well Guldwars 2. It certainly kicks ESO and FFXIV’s ass in every way possible."

I vomited a bit reading this. GW2!? What a crap game. I hate that game with passion. Give me ESO, WOW, Ultima Online, STO, or anyting else any day of the week.

Guild Wars 2 !? Blaaaaargggg!!!!!

craftseekerMrMelGibson[Deleted User]psychosiz1Sinsai
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    FFXIV is the only one left sadly. It's not a bad game though.
    craftseeker

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    ESO and FFXIV are actually good though.. i prefer ESO but both are good MMOs..
    ConstantineMerusSBFordYashaXNorseGodkertinSinsaiMorgenes83
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    klash2def said:
    ESO and FFXIV are actually good though.. i prefer ESO but both are good MMOs..
    I'm not playing either anymore, but to think these are best MMOs is a valid opinion, not sure why people are losing their shit. 
    klash2defcraftseekerSBFordGorweYashaX[Deleted User]Sinsai
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    For me its WoW and Ffxiv.

Wow is really crouded atm. Lots of ppl around me on lvl 110+ content, I even see horde (Silvermoon EU). Instant ques for pve and pvp.

Cant wait to get 120 and do mythics key dungeons, tbh if ffxiv had that I would invest more time in ffxiv now I just slowing catching op with the 4.3 msq and farming gil to decorate my house on the shirogane beach.

I dont like the combat in eso, nor the mechanics of dungeons and trails. Last time I played a healer (1-2y ago) it was spam breath of life and that circle heal from healing staff at boss fights you saw a the player hp from 10% to 90% the whole fight -_-, if you are not a templar healer than we dont need you :(

I like healing in ffxiv and wow much more.

This discussion has been closed.