Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ascent: infinite Realm Will Let You Build a House That Can be Resource Rich - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageAscent: infinite Realm Will Let You Build a House That Can be Resource Rich - MMORPG.com

Ascent: Infinite Realm players will be able to own a piece of the game world and will be able to turn it into their own resource-rich environment. Adventuring through the game will yield seeds that can be taken home and cultivated for foodstuffs. Players would also be able to find resources on other home plots including a fishing pond, mine, trees, crop farming or animal farming to name a few. Players can specialize in a few resources or use all plots for "a little bit of everything".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Wasn't this supposed to go into beta or something last year?
    Tsiya[Deleted User]Valentinachocolate42069gastovski1darkopex
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

Rhoklaw said:

Reminds me a little bit of ArcheAge, which in my opinion is a good thing.

Better buy that expensive founder pack then so you can actually be one of the ones that has a chance at having land ;)
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibsonchocolate42069Wraith0Strizzy12slim552

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    I can make a house with resources!? DUUUUUUUUUUDE, i'm gonna spend so much money on this game now!!!!
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320
    Didn't Archage do this then get overrun with bots and other scalpers to resell the land at a huge profit?
    BlueThunderBearchocolate42069TacticalZombeh
  • ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546

Rhoklaw said:

Better buy that expensive founder pack then so you can actually be one of the ones that has a chance at having land ;)

Lets hope that everyone that was around for Archeage's launch learned how terrible "land grab" can be for an MMO.
    natpickseshsesAlomarMrMelGibsonAzaron_Nightbladechocolate42069gastovski1Octagon7711TacticalZombehStrizzy12
  • SabracSabrac Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Did they addressed the fps issues?, their trailer had fps drops, which is to be expected since they're using unreal engine 3 (infamous with mmos).

I hope they do, because that would really hurt them when they launch.
  • LrdEtriusLrdEtrius Member UncommonPosts: 95
    Unreal 3 with open world...
    "Bless Online 2 with mechas" everyone! All aboard the stutter train! Choo-cough-choo!
  • genova2809genova2809 Member UncommonPosts: 47
    I WANT THIS GAME NOW ! SHUT UP & TAKE ALL MY MONEY <3
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Yeah as most realize by now,implementation is huge,any idea can be good on paper but if implemented badly it doesn't work.
    When i commented on this game last ,i said i like most of what it is doing but a few tings i don't.

This game does at least unlike many others,warrant a look see,maybe follow it to see how it ends up.
    This game kind of reminds us or at least myself why i hate so many big developers.This smaller team is going to put more ideas into the game than the big boys who like to give us a pile of npc's with markers over their heads and a bunch of instances.

I would like to see the mmorpg genre move in a much different direction.One that makes the world feel alive,with constant event like content,similar to Rifts but better.I know it is really tough to implement scripted content without possibly lagging everyone's systems because of so much AI but this genre just needs a push out of the gutter.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    In case some don't  realize,all these systems when added to games requires more servers to run the game,that is why games like Wow don't have housing and other games are missing ideas we would expect to see in a mmorpg.
    They like to create sub programs that can run throughout and easily just add inputs into the triggers that make for a couple thousand identical quests we see so often.So seeing an idea like this with housing and plots/gardening etc etc,brings a smile to my face because it is a whole separate set of commands that needs it's own system to run.

This is the kind of stuff i look for that says and you hear me say it a LOT>>>.EFFORT.
    chocolate42069Octagon7711

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I think this is the only MMO on the horizon that I want to at least try.
    Thaharseshseschocolate42069Asheramgastovski1darkopexslim552
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • angaelsangaels Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Isn't this on the UE3 engine?
    jarsku85
  • cranthugcranthug Member UncommonPosts: 102
    edited January 2019
    Wildstar used this concept, as well. Though I agree with previous comments that it seems much like Archeage in its implementation. Oh the land grabs, what fun that was... ><
  • seshsesseshses Member UncommonPosts: 67

cranthug said:

Wildstar used this concept, as well. Though I agree with previous comments that it seems much like Archeage in its implementation. Oh the land grabs, what fun that was... ><</div>

Wildstar had some pretty awesome housing
    Alverantcranthugjarsku85MrMelGibsonTacticalZombeh
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Maybe they need 10 maps each over 200sq miles of empty space to fill.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• lucyluffy101lucyluffy101 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    Archeage is getting a latest graphic engine and voice chat soon. So what is a reason to play new MMO with similar content and we can't make sure it is gonna be failure again similar to bless and atlas.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

This game will be a dumpster fire but the idea of this kind of thing I always thought was cool. One of the things I liked about Albion is that even in the open-world PvP game that is was you still had your little corner where you could build a house and farm without some douche coming along and destroying it when you were offline or something.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited January 2019
    "Reminds me of Archeage ...and that's a good thing"

Farmers Hat - 150 gems
    Farmers Coat - 450 gems
    Farmers Gloves - 150 gems
    Farmers Pants - 350 gems
    Farmers Boots - 250 gems
    ==================================
    Farmers Pack - 1150 gems (You save 200 gems)

Buy 1200 gems now for $69.99 and get an additional 100 gems
    BlueThunderBearMrMelGibsonkitaradAsheramStrizzy12RemyVorender
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • lucyluffy101lucyluffy101 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    Best potatoes in the world
    jarsku85chocolate42069kitarad
  • Cyber_wastelandCyber_wasteland Member UncommonPosts: 192
    If I'm not mistaken to all the ones saying something about there being no land to get like Archeage. The player housing called Estates will be instanced. Correct me if I am wrong but I have a strong feeling I'm not.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

Elvoc said:

Rhoklaw said:

Lets hope that everyone that was around for Archeage's launch learned how terrible "land grab" can be for an MMO.

I wouldn't count on it lol.

It's been a few years. We're due for a reminder.
    RemyVorender

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    uh, what a new idea.
    wait a sec, wow had the same shit with warlords. was the worst thing they ever did.

who the hell needs instanced housing

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    It's kind of sad that housing came back in to popularity in MMOs, only because publishers realized it was another cash shop lever they could play with.   Along with having the added benefit of being another game play time requirement/manipulation lever.
    Tiller

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• KalafaxKalafax Member UncommonPosts: 591
    Its weird that SWG had amazing open world housing, town building, resources harvesting, even had a mayor job, and it all was grand and didnt "kill the servers" or cause any major issues ( until the game started dying and they hadn't implemented a good decay system yet ), yet games these days that try to implement housing have to put it on separate servers, therefore really killing the whole idea in the first place.

Mess with the best, Die like the rest

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910

Best potatoes in the world

This was priceless.