Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Former Hearthstone Dev Ben Brode Resurfaces with $30M from NetEase & a Deal with Marvel - MMORPG.co

2»

Comments

• Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    Hard pass. Wish Marvel would make more console/PC games.
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,870
    Another toilet game, lovely. Mobile gaming is not for me, except the Switch which is not really the same thing. Usually when someone says mobile; they mean phones. So I will assume it is a phone game primarily. Even with Switch games I would rather play at home, docked, on a tv. I just don't have that lifestyle. I drive to work, I don't bus or uber anywhere, and the only time I would get to play is at lunch which I would rather socialize and not feel like rushing a 15-30 minute game of something.
    Truvidien88
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992

Marvigno said:

NetEase? Mobile?

Welcome to the boards!
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992
    Another story about former workers in the real gaming industry going to mobile, so heart warming to see.
    ConstantineMerus[Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • TacticalZombehTacticalZombeh Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Do you guys not have ph...zzzzzz
    [Deleted User]
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited January 2019
    Not just mobile but also like all the other crap games,is going to utilize a VERY popular brand in MARVEL.
    I don't like seeing devs cashing in on a popular brand without merit,like what game he ends up putting out will succeed just because of the Marvel brand.
    I am not saying it is 100% a guarantee the game is crap,i am just saying that when i see a dev aim for someone else's popularity brand name i expect a half assed effort.

When i look back over the last 30+ years,the real impact games were original IP's designed with a passion for gaming.We had  Everquest,Ultima,Quake,Doom,Unreal,Final fantasy,Baldur's gate,GTA,dungeons n Dragons,geesh even small stuff like Yahtzee,Monopoly, Magic the Gathering,Pokemon all created from scratch,their own brand.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    The fact that I don't play mobile games aside, I've seen enough superhero crap over the last 10 years to last me about 15 lifetimes.  I can't wait until Hollywood and everyone move on to something else.
  • PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    Scellow said:
    netease ? LOL americans will never learn

China is coming eat you all, p2w whales where are you, give them your economy !!
    please its the Chinese that are the biggest market for the mobile shit. microtransactions are the new opium
  • NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Member RarePosts: 1,141
    I don't think there is a silver lining here, because at the end of the day, it's still another Mobile game from NetEase and it's still yet another cash-in on the Marvel IP.

But if it employees a good amount of people, that is always nice.

Fishing on Gilgamesh since 2013
  • berlightberlight Member UncommonPosts: 345
    edited January 2019
    Another mobile game? Of course. And it will continue to be like this. Get over it people. DO YOU NOT HAVE PHONES? Buy one. It's the future. And the future is now. Or you can just buy the new nvidia rtx's. It seems it's the future as well. At least they say it is.

Beta tester maniac

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    berlight said:
    Another mobile game? Of course. And it will continue to be like this. Get over it people. DO YOU NOT HAVE PHONES? Buy one. It's the future. And the future is now. Or you can just buy the new nvidia rtx's. It seems it's the future as well. At least they say it is.
    Mobile games are like digital watches, seemed like a good idea at the time.
    When it comes to gaming, there are too many games out there already to care about mobile ones, they are just cash grabs, over monetised rubbish that have a lifespan of maybe 15 minutes, mobile? who cares really, most of them never make any money thats why they make so many of them in an effort that one game in a hundred or so will actually make some money. :p