Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mike’s Most Anticipated Games of 2019

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageMike’s Most Anticipated Games of 2019

With 2018 now behind us, it’s time to look towards the year ahead. Fortunately for us, 2019 is shaping up to be another banner year in gaming and there are even some interesting things to look forward to in the world of MMOs. I recently shared a list of my favorite games of 2018, so let’s kick off the New Year with a list of what I’m looking forward to most this year.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• LilithMLilithM Member UncommonPosts: 82
    I was exited about Jedi Fallen Order at first. Because for years I was hoping that a Star Wars game set in the events between episode 3 and 4 were you play as a Jedi, or in this case a padawan, would one day come. But finding out it’s just gonna be another Force Unleashed with a fixed dude protagonist I lost all interest. At least give me something like in Jedi Academy; some choice in who I play as. Oh well, back to waiting.
    Tokkenchocolate42069
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,837
    edited January 2019
    7. Torchlight Frontiers

6. Biomutant

5. Anthem

4. The Outer Worlds

3. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

2. Devil May Cry 5

1. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  • BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member RarePosts: 228

LilithM said:

I was exited about Jedi Fallen Order at first. Because for years I was hoping that a Star Wars game set in the events between episode 3 and 4 were you play as a Jedi, or in this case a padawan, would one day come. But finding out it’s just gonna be another Force Unleashed with a fixed dude protagonist I lost all interest. At least give me something like in Jedi Academy; some choice in who I play as. Oh well, back to waiting.

Youd think Star Wars of all things would be perfect for an open world RPG
    TokkenNorseGodchocolate42069
  • LilithMLilithM Member UncommonPosts: 82

LilithM said:

Youd think Star Wars of all things would be perfect for an open world RPG

Yeah, that’s what I want. Not another on-rails adventure story game.
    TokkenNorseGodchocolate42069
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320
    Any game I would consider buying would have to be without microtransactions and "live services".
    RoinSolancerTacticalZombeh
  • jarsku85jarsku85 Member UncommonPosts: 84

Alverant said:

Any game I would consider buying would have to be without microtransactions and "live services".

Only CDPR and some indie devs deliver without those.
    Alomar
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    Torchlight Frontiers

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    5. Ori and the Will of the Wisps
    4. Nioh 2
    3. Doom Eternal
    2. Devil May Cry 5
    1. Sekiro: Shadow die twice
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    5. Path of exile new league in 2 months
    4. Path of exile new league in 5 months
    3. Path of exile new league in 8 months
    2. Path of exile new league in 11 months
    1. Any other game than path of exile that can rip me away from path of exile.

Im too laser focused . . .
    exile01
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    GW2 expansion.. many don't realise it's due this year based on the how the last two were announced and launched plus the living story is setting the stage already. 1 or 2 more living story episodes and it's expansion announcement time.
    Rain_Deathraven
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    edited January 2019
    GW2 expansion.. many don't realise it's due this year based on the how the last two were announced and launched plus the living story is setting the stage already. 1 or 2 more living story episodes and it's expansion announcement time.
    I believe it was announced that Season 5 would occur before Expansion 3. On the negative side, that would delay Expansion 3 by more than a year, but the flip side is that it would allow for Expansion 3 to be more ambitious. There's a Woodenpotatoes video on it.
    Aeander said:
    I believe it was announced that Season 5 would occur before Expansion 3. On the negative side, that would delay Expansion 3 by more than a year, but the flip side is that it would allow for Expansion 3 to be more ambitious. There's a Woodenpotatoes video on it.
    I don't like your reply. It upsets me.

I'll check out the video. It might still come or at least be announced this year if they are only doing 6 episodes per season.. they might 'just' fit it in.. wishful thinking.
    Aeander said:

I'll check out the video. It might still come or at least be announced this year if they are only doing 6 episodes per season.. they might 'just' fit it in.. wishful thinking.
    I agree. It disappoints me as well because I want more elite specs and armor sets - that's basically what sells me on new expansions.

But if it's Cantha, I want it done properly, and I am willing to wait for that.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    I've purchased The Division couple days ago during winter sale and it's great for the price - especially compared to the mess it was in the beginning. If TD2 will be the same but with better characters then it's instant buy for me.

And it's wonderful to see how far in-game graphics went during last five years: five years ago Defiance was typical third-person shooter with its blocky characters and environment, now everything is nearly photo-realistic (although toons' faces in The Division aren't terribly good, they are borderline ugly in fact but that's probably intentional). So for me it's simply

The Division 2 (high hopes)

Anthem (almost no hope cause EA)

Thank you for your time!

Aeander said:
    Aeander said:

I agree. It disappoints me as well because I want more elite specs and armor sets - that's basically what sells me on new expansions.

I'm sure their decision to take longer on an expansion is a quality based one. They give away living world for free basically.. so this method of releases isn't doing them any favours in terms of profit. They are just giving away more for free to PoF owners.

I'm not sure I can keep playing for another year though on smallish episodes alone.
    Aeander said:
    Aeander said:

I'm sure their decision to take longer on an expansion is a quality based one. They give away living world for free basically.. so this method of releases isn't doing them any favours in terms of profit. They are just giving away more for free to PoF owners.

I'm not sure I can keep playing for another year though on smallish episodes alone.
    It also doesn't necessarily hold that a season will be 6 episodes. It could be less. 

Season 3 was originally intended to be 5 episodes. Episode 6 was a rush effort when it became apparent that PoF would need a few more months. That's why S3 E6 was so narratively unimportant.
  • FonclFoncl Member UncommonPosts: 347
    Diabotical is a game which stands out to me in 2019 as something different and interesting in a genre where few people are making games right now. It's a modern take on Arena-FPS made by a former professional Quake and WoW player, as well as e-sports host/commentator for Quake, Dota 2 and Starcraft 2, James "2GD" Harding, with his small studio. The game will have a gameplay feel similar to Quake 3 with a lot of community features, customization options and modding support.

There are some interesting ideas for social interaction, like the in-game map maker which lets you run around on a server and easily build or modify maps together with others. You will also be able to make community hubs with the map-maker, where people can hang out with their friends or team. The game will have in-game support for online tournaments so you can easily join, create and play a tournament for fun.

Some other games on my radar:

DiRT Rally 2.0
    Super Meat Boy Forever
    Camelot Unchained(when it's ready)
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Ah...

There's our @MikeB article with mentions of Star Wars.  :p

MikeB
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    Wow that was depressing. Anthem and outer world's are really the only games on that list I'm mildly interested in.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    edited January 2019
    1. Doom Eternal
    2. The Outer Worlds
    3. Ghost of Tsushima
    4. Warhammer: Chaosbane
    5. Path of Exile on PS4
    6. Monster Hunter World expansion
    7. RAGE 2
    8. Skull & Bones
    I will try the demo for Anthem, but I'm not expecting much. It'd have to be pretty damn special for me to break my boycott of EA.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic