Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallen Earth Team Ready to Take on 2019 for a 'Reboot, a New Game' or...Something Else - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageFallen Earth Team Ready to Take on 2019 for a 'Reboot, a New Game' or...Something Else - MMORPG.com

Little Orbit took over the reins for Fallen Earth in May 2018. Since then, developers have been quietly working away to solve "crippling bugs and a low player base". In addition, devs felt that the project was one that would take a lot of time to work through. In a new post on the Fallen Earth site, Matt Scott has reviewed the work that has been tackled and / or completed and provided a look ahead at the coming year as the team works to move the game to a new engine.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• wesjrwesjr Member UncommonPosts: 506
    Nice to see LO taking an active interest in their new IP'S
    MYTHGuy
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I had a go with Fallen Earth a few months ago. I played for a bit at launch and that was it.

Honestly, it's a horrible game to play in this day and age. The graphics, interface, stats system, itemization.. everything.. just feels low budget and absolutely ancient. Fallout 76 is like a masterpiece compared to Fallen Earth. (I have no interest in FO76, my point is that it's bad but FE is even worse)

They would be doing themselves a favour if they just abandoned it and moved on to something new.
    Scot
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    The PvP is non consensual right. Might help if they had a PvE server.
    Krematoryalkarionlog

• dragonsegg09dragonsegg09 Member UncommonPosts: 4
    The PVP is consensual. You either flag /pvp in the open world or if you enter one specific zone it is all pvp.
    kitaradOctagon7711
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Oh!
    Played that one on Release back then and it was okay'ish but with issues like every Game. Lost interest at some point and i have to say that when it comes back "with a new face" i would love to take a look at it again.

Great News for the Game. Told Friends already, added on Steam again and now keeping an Eye on it.
    kryntok
    The PVP is consensual. You either flag /pvp in the open world or if you enter one specific zone it is all pvp.
    Oh, I stand corrected.
    kryntok

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    This is an interesting news. Fallen Earth is the game that has everything i want from an MMORPG game, but the execution was so bad and careless it was not fun to play.

They have a new engine and they're not sure if it will be a reboot or a totally new game. I don't have high hopes but i'll certainly follow how this will pan out.
    [Deleted User]
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    I had a go with Fallen Earth a few months ago. I played for a bit at launch and that was it.

Honestly, it's a horrible game to play in this day and age. The graphics, interface, stats system, itemization.. everything.. just feels low budget and absolutely ancient. Fallout 76 is like a masterpiece compared to Fallen Earth. (I have no interest in FO76, my point is that it's bad but FE is even worse)

They would be doing themselves a favour if they just abandoned it and moved on to something new.
    I mean it's been out for around 9 years so it's not all that surprising it didn't hold up. Also wasn't it made by an indie company? I can't remember.

But yes I completely agree. I tried it about a month ago just to see what was going on, and it really wasn't as fun as I remembered it being. It's clunky as hell, all of the animations are garbage (and reviews at the time definitely said they were as well) and it's very scattered looking. 

I honestly wouldn't mind this type of game to get a complete reboot, but not using any prior assets (so an entirely new game I guess, just with the same setting and type of content).

I remember crafting being really cool. But I didn't get that far playing it again.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Best thing about Fallen Earth was its trailer.

"Sick of Ogres, Elves and Pixies?" 

Well, apparently not! :grimace:

Octagon7711
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
     Was back in FE last month , and have been waiting for this announcement , still a great game , particualrly for the crafter/gathererer..

Ill be jumping back in
    blamo2000
  • SabracSabrac Member UncommonPosts: 138
    I remember trying this game a long time ago, was mostly bugs and lag but it kinda have its charm with this fallout mmo feel, might sound like fallout 76 but this was a true mmo not just a few dozen people running around into a big empty map, i hope little orbit can make it reach its full potential

Oh and i forgot, little orbit, change that damn engine the game was using!
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited January 2019
    I bought this at release it was fun for a bit.

My most memorable moment in this game was when I was rebuked by an admin for cursing in chat and I got into an arguement with him about it because the npc mobs cursed at you in game. He ported me to him and one of his cronies for a "time out" lol . Dont think I ever logged on again.
    Phaserlight
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    "Fallen Earth Classic" please look forward to it!
  • SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    I love this game on launch. But it does need a refurbish.
    Ilayablamo2000

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• Cyber_wastelandCyber_wasteland Member UncommonPosts: 192
    I bought Fallen Earth when it released and payed my monthly fee's with a smile. I enjoyed the game A LOT. Hell I still do enjoy it, but I do find it hard to play as the graphics, UI, systems are all out dated. The game almost felt like Anarchy Online sometimes spent hours in the subway and have been able to find similar things in Fallen Earth. Oh and how the crafting in this was/ and slightly still is awesome! Once I finally crafted a real gun and not the make shift pelt gun you start with (It has changed now, looks way nicer then before) I felt accomplished, Once I crafted a vehicle gas mount I felt even more accomplished.

Hopefully they do take action on the game and turn it in to a better version of it's self, I say "a version of it's self" with great emphasis, because there are a lot of things that makes this game great and feel different then the norm. We will just have to wait and see what these guy's and gal's do with the game.

blamo2000

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    kitarad said:
    Oh, I stand corrected.
    Basically anything after level 30 is a PVP area.  
    alkarionlog
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    I was around for that one from the ground up. We made multiple appeals to these guys about their game. But they refused to listen. the game was really secondary as their main focus was to highlight the engine. Which was also a fail.

It was one of those games where devs played and were moderating it all the time. Which was both good and bad.

Crafting system at the time was fairly unique. They tried to do PvP 'right' but the system they had was simultaneously too complicated and too simplistic at the same time.

Some of the better parts of the game (as with a lot of cult games) was the community and the several radio stations that popped up with it. And the server events that were advertised on them. Another fairly unique thing that even today hasnt really been duplicated. Basically think of Fall Out radio and the mods as actual live people doing them.
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    What is amazing is that this is practically the only post-apocalyptic MMO out there.
    Hengist
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    This is one I've always wanted to succeed. It's a great game really. Needs proper love an attention and a refresh then I'll go back.
    ScorchienNetbratblamo2000Sabrac
  • CIB3CIB3 Member UncommonPosts: 121
    Really great game. One of most immersive game ever played. The world is huge, completely open world, lots of things to do, factions, great crafting, etc. Stopped to play because lack of players, no endgame and lack of rewards for exploration.
    Netbratblamo2000
    Grunty said:
    kitarad said:
    Oh, I stand corrected.
    Ahh how bad is the ganking ? I don't mind playing if I can join some faction and fight with them like DAoC.Is it like that ?

• NetbratNetbrat Member UncommonPosts: 27
    I been with this game off and on since launch. Came back when it went to f2p and am back again. The crafting is the best. Real time and parts needed. Makes you really feel like you have accomplished something. Just made my first Dune Buggy. Yes the game is on an old engine and graphics are from 9 years ago but it is still a great game and I am glad LO is taking such an interest in it. Only game I've played lately that actually puts GMs and Helpers in the game. Great customer service with 24 hour responses. Looking forward to seeing what they can do.
  • NetbratNetbrat Member UncommonPosts: 27

kitarad said:

Grunty said:

kitarad said:

Oh, I stand corrected.

Ahh how bad is the ganking ? I don't mind playing if I can join some faction and fight with them like DAoC.Is it like that ?

Right now there is not enough player base for real pvp. So if you stay out of the pvp areas you will be fine. I spent over an hour in my Faction pvp area and no one was there to kill me. Come get started now so you can be a good level when more players come.
    Netbrat said:

kitarad said:

Grunty said:

kitarad said:

Oh, I stand corrected.

Right now there is not enough player base for real pvp. So if you stay out of the pvp areas you will be fine. I spent over an hour in my Faction pvp area and no one was there to kill me. Come get started now so you can be a good level when more players come.
    Thank you I will look into it.

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    This is one of the best mmorpgs I played. It was much better before it was sold off and "streamlined" for the dummies. The faction system was interesting. I like that it required planning and effort. I am really looking forward to a reboot in any form.