Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The List: The Most Anticipated MMOs of 2019

Comments

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    CU pre-alpha 17 disguised as beta 1 looks like crap right now. No way it releases this year.
    KyleranBruceYeeYashaXAgent_Joseph
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited January 2019
    Another year of no MMORPGs releasing, well none I'm actually interested in.

Fortunately,  plenty of depth in my Steam and GOG libraries,  still enjoying FO76, want to return to NMS, always still E:D waiting in the wings and who knows CCP might surprise me.

Oh yes, and the Phoenix is rising on Jan 12th.

B)
    [Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User]craftseekertweedledumb99ConstantineMerusGdemami

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Rhoklaw said:
    Kyleran said:

Fortunately,  plenty of depth in my Steam and GOG libraries,  still enjoying FO76, want to return to NMS, always still E:D waiting in the wings and who knows CCP might surprise me.

B)
    Oh, I'll be on Phoenix for sure. I'll probably check out CU and SoL as well, IF they launch this year.
    Midgard for me, look for the Skald who really cheap shots everyone else's kills.

;)
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]seshses

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Kyleran said:

B)
    https://www.reverbnation.com/show/23926262 ?
  • FacelessSaviorFacelessSavior Member UncommonPosts: 188

Yes at this point Crowfall is way too complex for a new gamer. I am starting to get concerned with the lack of things to do. At this point all they have is grinding resources and pvp (which I love PvP). Just worried about the longevity of the game.

I've been looking for look forward to Crowfall for a long time now, but recently got worried. Was playing in a current MMO a D a discussion broke out about it that was focused on how Pay 2 Win it was. Can you tell me if this is accurate or hopefully overblown?

I recently ponied up and funded. Only have a few hours under my belt but I don't see how anyone's calling it p2w. Unless they're talking about future stuff that's not in the game yet. There's no cash shop at all. It's all game, all in game economy at this point.
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Kyleran said:
    ... and who knows CCP might surprise me.
    ^ Haha, this guy...  but then, who knows, maybe they'll surprise with another total miss of a project :tired_face:

Lost Ark and Torchlight look pretty graphically and might be fun since they are ARPGs, but I don't imagine they'll fill much of an MMO void, either way.

I still believe Crowfall will be a trainwreck.

There's no way SoL releases this year.  I mean @Renfail is like the only guy actively working on the game at any progressive rate, last I heard.

I'm mainly interested in CU, but honestly, more for the crafting and other unique systems than the PvP itself.  It's also another game that probably won't release this year.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Ugh, none of these options are appealing to me. What a bleak landscape.
    I know this already before reading what is inside the article because i am ALWAYS looking for a new game ,let alone mmo and there is just nothing that looks promising.
    The key is NOT weather these games release,it is more importantly in what state and do they offer ANYTHING new that we don't already have?

An example of the trash that is coming out over and over.So i am waiting to see what Nexxon actuall y releases to butcher FFXI or maybe they won't butcher it and comes out really good,maybe better than the original FFXI.
    Sooooo while i am waiting,they send out  a notice to this site we will get something wtf BBQ...sigh,drops head .

It is seriously an epidemic right now developers are just whipping out ANYTHING they can make real fast and real cheap.The ONLY reason we are seeing any delays or timelines is those devs are either super unorganized or grinding out as much money as they can from crowd funding.This is because as a crowd funded game failure means money completely stops,otherwise they can keep baiting people in with promises.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    edited January 2019
    Torchlight has already been confirmed to not be an MMO. Why in the fuck are you still pushing it as one? Do you consider the max 14 players instanced "open world" sections to be massively multiplayer? Or is it the 4-6 player dungeons that are massively multiplayer? Hmm?
    Gdemami
  • madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107

At this point only interested in Anthem, Division 2, maybe Destiny 3. Not true MMOs I know.

Not just not "true mmos"... they aren't MMO's at all! I hope this helps.
    Gdemami
  • Itchen1000Itchen1000 Member UncommonPosts: 17
    just waiting patiently for pantheon. :) These all have their appeal though. Aside from bless that is.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Bless Unleashed, A:IR, Astellia, New World and Crowfall for me.
  • CIB3CIB3 Member UncommonPosts: 121
    You forgot Star Citizen.

Edit... Sorry, my mistake, I read the year in your title "2091" instead of "2019". I need new glasses.
    craftseekerAgent_Joseph
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Camelot Unchained is at least 2 years a way.  Right now its a cluster fuck.

Pantheon is another game 2 years a way.  Its looking good but it needs more time for development

Ashes of Creation  2 maybe 3 years away.  They need to stop wasting their time with the Battle Royale and just make the dam MMORPG.  They need to expect work that is a waste of time from Indian companies too.   

For me the next 2 years will be Classic WOW until one of these games come out in a full release that is well polished.  
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Rhoklaw said:
    Torval said:
    Will CU be the most anticipated MMO for another year? How many years running can it take the title? Crowfall is hot on its heals. :lol:

I'm not anticipating any "MMOs". This should be the year of "Put up or shut up" for indie and AAA MMOs.

Even better, maybe we should just called them dead Jim. They've become low effort high cost respins of things we've already played a hundred times. Add on thoroughly predatory monetization and extensive milking and that's why I'm not looking forward to any of them. I think the genre needs to take an extended sabbatical to figure itself out.
    I agree with pretty much everything you've said, which is precisely why I'm supporting games like Pantheon and Saga of Lucimia. As for Camelot Unchained, I'm no longer a 100% sold on it's core gameplay being enough to sustain it, but we'll see.
    I would agree, but Pantheon and Saga of Lucimia aren't exactly aiming for new and ground-breaking.  Those are the epitome of a "respin of things we've already played a hundred times".  They maybe aren't the low effort, high cost versions, but they are going to feed us with 'more of the same'.

A sabbatical for the genre sounds like a good idea to me.

Azaron_NightbladeYashaX

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Were the two super hero ones being developed left off because they are not expected to be 2019 titles, or were they just overlooked?
  • LtldoggLtldogg Member UncommonPosts: 282
    None of these appeal to me. I'm anticipating the next EQ TLP server and especially the 20th year anniversary edition; hopefully Daybreak does the right thing and restores EQ even more to classic (like getting rid of revamped zones!).

I am looking forward to Pantheon, but that game is at least 2+ years away.
  • jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Pretty much discarded this entire article.

When you decided what games you don't think will be coming out in 2019, but then you say even games on your own list may not be coming out in 2019, I have to wonder what the point of the article was.

Its not up to a media outlet to decide if a publishers target release date is believable. If the publisher is saying 2019, then rack and stack them in 2019. That way at the end of 2019 when it doesn't launch you've just created you a news story 12 months in advance.
    Renfail[Deleted User]Azaron_Nightbladetweedledumb99
  • Nhisso13Nhisso13 Member UncommonPosts: 74
    These comments are indicative of, if not proof that, MMORPGs are all but a dead genre. Fickle, picky, whiny, and stupid gamers; none of which know what they want. Good god. The last 2 gens of people are so pathetic.
    Anyways, CU and torchlight look awesome. Bless Unleashed seems like it might be the final nail in the coffin of bless online PC. Bet theyll make a pc port and make uz switch to it. Which is fine. But add a damn greatsword class and a claw class!
    KalebGrayson
  • bgzgamerbgzgamer Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Where the heck is Pantheon. The only game thats going to save me from this MMO hell that WoW created.
    craftseeker
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    No Diablo Immortal?
  • RenfailRenfail Member EpicPosts: 1,638
    edited January 2019
    You must know something we don't know @BillMurphy!

We're still in Early Access pre-alpha. Release #12 drops in March (tentatively), which is when we are adding questing/harvesting/crafting in their first iterations (tenatively), and it's about the same time we'll be turning off our pre-order store and transitioning to alpha (tentatively), but we're a long way from a released product. Our official release date is still "TBA"

Though thanks for the wishful thinking and mention :) 
    ConstantineMerusAzaron_Nightblade
    Tim "Renfail" Anderson | Wandering Hermits Patreon
    edited January 2019
    Rhoklaw said:
    Kyleran said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    Kyleran said:

B)
    Oh, I'll be on Phoenix for sure. I'll probably check out CU and SoL as well, IF they launch this year.
    Midgard for me, look for the Skald who really cheap shots everyone else's kills.

;)
    Albion for me, lol. I'm sure I'll die a lot because everyone hates Sorcerers. Looking forward to getting smashed by a bunch of Left Axes.
    On Albion I love playing Theuris.  Used to be Minstrels but  I no longer can "twist."

Rhoklaw said:

Kyleran said:

B)

We won't be launching this year. You'll know when we are ready, as we'll have an official press release and statement from sagaoflucimia.com and our associated social media/newsletter/etc.
    [Deleted User]
    edited January 2019

Lokero said:

Kyleran said:

... and who knows CCP might surprise me.

^ Haha, this guy...  but then, who knows, maybe they'll surprise with another total miss of a project :tired_face:

Lost Ark and Torchlight look pretty graphically and might be fun since they are ARPGs, but I don't imagine they'll fill much of an MMO void, either way.

I still believe Crowfall will be a trainwreck.

There's no way SoL releases this year.  I mean @Renfail is like the only guy actively working on the game at any progressive rate, last I heard.

I'm mainly interested in CU, but honestly, more for the crafting and other unique systems than the PvP itself.  It's also another game that probably won't release this year.

We have a team of 14, so it's far from just me :) Most work an average of 20-30 hours a week on this game, outside of their day jobs. A handful of us (myself + Bobby + John) put in significantly more.

Also, we are expanding our team by at least seven full-time employees over the course of 2019, adding to what we already have. Not sure who your source is, but they are way off. https://sagaoflucimia.com/the-team

SoL for me, but there is no way anything remotely resembling a finished game will be released in 2019. Have you played the game before you included it in the list?

I mean the concept is very exciting, for me, but it has a long long way to go. I would say 5 years given the size of the team.

Torchlight also looks nice, but I think its monetization will force me to pass on the game. Also, if I am not mistaken, they are not going heavy on vertical character progression outside of gear which is not a good choice for this type of game, in my opinion.

Five years is a stretch. But I would say a good couple few more years, at least. We're expanding the team with our first full-time employees this year, and ramping up production. We'll be ready when we're ready, and not until then.