Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Can MMOs Learn from Red Dead Redemption 2? - TheHiveLeader

2»

Comments

• Riotact007Riotact007 Member UncommonPosts: 235
    Single player was an amazing experience and I had high hopes for online. It's a shell of the single player mode. There's a few quests, a few missions, hunting, showdowns, fishing and griefing.... too much griefing lol. Its just boring and not fun.

There's still hope for MMOs but to be fair when was the last one released?? Mark my words, one will come out eventually that will be the mmo we've all been waiting for. Well man I hope so lol
  • TimEisenTimEisen ColumnistMember EpicPosts: 3,293
    Stop trying to imitate the latest trendy games to play in and start trying to be worlds to live in again.
    FacelessSavior
    I used to role-play a Warrior Priest now I role-play a writer.
  • newbismxnewbismx Member UncommonPosts: 145
    Single player was an amazing experience and I had high hopes for online. It's a shell of the single player mode. There's a few quests, a few missions, hunting, showdowns, fishing and griefing.... too much griefing lol. Its just boring and not fun.

There's still hope for MMOs but to be fair when was the last one released?? Mark my words, one will come out eventually that will be the mmo we've all been waiting for. Well man I hope so lol
    Yeah single player was beyond amazing and online was/is beyond horrible.

That aside, theres quite a bit mmorpg's could take from the single player portion.

The incredible hunting/tracking system, the integration of the mini games that flowed perfectly to the main game (and were so well done I spent dozens of hours gambling even though money was fairly pointless) , tons of the sub systems which ooze with immersion...

There was just so much in RDR2 that contributed to a feeling of overall immersion- It felt like a living world more than most mmorpgs and far less like a 'game'.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 27,050
    rodarin said:

ESO is a pretty decent MMO but even it gets boring after awhile. I havent done half the content (quests) in it and I still get bored out of my mind even though I do see 'different' things when I do play. Mostly because there arent any goals either. Which is what most of these other games suffer from. The goals are not 'end game' not really sure what they are.

There are players capable of making their own goals and players who want to be entertained.

Elder Scrolls Online is about being entertained. The only other way to play it is to make your own goals.

If one likes the setting and likes (or can stand) how they have set up the world then the quests/story can be enough.

My guess is you really just don't like the quests/story in the game or how the world is set up.

For me, I can't really play Elder Scrolls Online, it doesn't offer me what the single player games offer in the way they offer it.

ConstantineMerus

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 6,157
    Big seamless virtual world with many different activities.
    ConstantineMerusFacelessSaviorcraftseeker

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 2,690
    edited January 3
    Selling a finished product comes to mind. 
    Post edited by ConstantineMerus on
    FacelessSaviorcraftseeker
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    • Song of the Week: Blackfield by Blackfield from Blackfield (2005)
    • Currently Playing: Devil May Cry 1
    • Favorite Drink: Bruichladdich Black Art 5th 1992
    • Gaming Timeline: Arcade, Commodore 64, Amiga 500, SEGA, IBM, PS, PC, PS2, More PCs, PS3, Giant PC, PS4, No More PCs, PS4 Pro.
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 839
    Give the players what they didn't even know they needed/wanted, and be brave enough to change things in smart ways to keep "it" interesting.

Gut Out!

What, me worry?