Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The List: The Most Anticipated MMOs of 2019

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageThe List: The Most Anticipated MMOs of 2019

Another year, another list of the games we hope don’t suck in 2019. MMOs have been waiting what seems forever to get something new, and this year there is no shortage of upcoming games to look forward to. The question is - will any of them actually release in 2019, or will it be another year of waiting for the next big thing?

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

craftseeker

Comments

• HoldslowhopeHoldslowhope Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Yes at this point Crowfall is way too complex for a new gamer. I am starting to get concerned with the lack of things to do. At this point all they have is grinding resources and pvp (which I love PvP). Just worried about the longevity of the game.
    ThupliFacelessSaviorNextrixjonp200ksternal
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    I'm looking forward to Crowfall, Torchlight Frontiers, and Lost Ark.
    EponyxDamor[Deleted User]
  • KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    Ugh, none of these options are appealing to me. What a bleak landscape.
    Octagon7711[Deleted User]chocolate42069[Deleted User]natpickjackfrost88denitercraftseekertexhnolyzeNorseGodand 3 others.
  • ZeewyrZeewyr Member UncommonPosts: 2
    A long wait for CU since may 2013 for me, vikings brothers the time has come, 2019 is our year !
    [Deleted User]markus1902ThuplisgelTsiya
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    LOL to think any of these other than maybe Bless will come out in 2019 is a stretch. But even so most are Korean garbage (since theyre the only ones even trying to make MMOs) and the others are concept projects at best.
    KyleranNorseGod
  • BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member RarePosts: 228
    Give me that Crowfall and New World fix. I cant wait to play those games, love them dearly, then become too busybto devote time to them.
    FacelessSavior
  • jgDuffayjgDuffay Member UncommonPosts: 237
    Classic ×D
    ThupliKylerandeniter
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Camelot Unchained looks promising. Otherwise slim pickings.
    [Deleted User]Thupli[Deleted User]natpickLokeroAgent_Joseph

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Lost Ark and Torchlight.
    Hatefull
    Chamber of Chains
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Crowfall and A:IR, I suppose...
    I don't know what features a good deal of those on that list are offering, that might change yet.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    At this point only interested in Anthem, Division 2, maybe Destiny 3. Not true MMOs I know.
    ConstantineMerus

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• tristanfeytristanfey Member UncommonPosts: 13

Yes at this point Crowfall is way too complex for a new gamer. I am starting to get concerned with the lack of things to do. At this point all they have is grinding resources and pvp (which I love PvP). Just worried about the longevity of the game.

I've been looking for look forward to Crowfall for a long time now, but recently got worried. Was playing in a current MMO a D a discussion broke out about it that was focused on how Pay 2 Win it was. Can you tell me if this is accurate or hopefully overblown?
    Gdemami
  • MacAllenMacAllen Member UncommonPosts: 71
    I was concerned that there was nothing for me to look forward to in MMOs for '19...turns out I was right :(
    AlverantKyleranFacelessSaviorcraftseeker[Deleted User]ConstantineMerusGdemamiGobstopper3DbananYashaX
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    Some decent games, but none that can make me as excited as WoW and Wildstar did ;(
    ConstantineMerus[Deleted User]Alverant
  • goozmaniagoozmania Member RarePosts: 394
    Does the lack of Pantheon mean Pantheon is not going to be released this year? FeelsAwfulMan None of those games interest me, in the slightest ;_;
    sakercraftseekerGdemamiAelious
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Skyrim - via ESO.
    Manasu
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    edited January 2019

goozmania said:

Does the lack of Pantheon mean Pantheon is not going to be released this year? FeelsAwfulMan None of those games interest me, in the slightest ;_;

Absolutely not in 2019 and probably not in 2020 either.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    edited January 2019
    I saw the pic and thought there was a SpongeBob mmo coming out this year...  :/
    AsheramXarkojgDuffaycraftseekerReverielleAelious
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    most of those will be on the list for 2020
    KyleranManasuLokeroYashaXtweedledumb99Agent_Joseph
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    A:IR looks interesting.
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    Playing Lost Ark really good game i lose a little bit of immersion but i can handle it. Crowfall and New World are in my sights. Dont care for any others.
  • RhygarthRhygarth Member UncommonPosts: 259
    This could be an ok year for MMO's.... it could also be shit :D
  • RhygarthRhygarth Member UncommonPosts: 259

Forgrimm said:

I saw the pic and thought there was a SpongeBob mmo coming out this year...  :/

One eternity later we have a pre-alpha signup for "SpongeBob Battle Of The SquarePants"
    Forgrimm
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Camelot Unchained please be good!

..Cake..

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791
    CU and Crowfall maybe. Everything else on the list is just more of the same.

Let's party like it is 1863!