Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ELEX, a review so far (best RPG ever)

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Ridelynn said:
    Watched a couple of vids, the combat looks kind of funky...Anyone that has played want to comment on it more?
    Not put too much time into it yet - a couple hours or so. 

The controls, along with combat, don't exactly feel fluid. Something is just a bit off with them. It's not a horrible train wreck, but it doesn't feel like most other 3rd person games.
    That's fair.

One way of coping with melee is to avoid it. Whichever faction you join there will be a a good ranged alternative. The Cleric's Psi Amp skill, Black Hole, a leveled-up War Bow, or a grenade launcher means your need to melee is almost nil. Black Hole and the grenade launcher both CC as well as do heavy damage... they're almost unfair :) 

The skill that makes hostile mobs appear as a red blip on your radar makes it so you will hardly ever be surprised by something that is already in melee range. You can't 100% avoid it and will pretty well need to do it when exploring dark building ruins but there is no reason to do it in the open,

Another option is just figuring out how Elex does its funky melee thing and learn to deal with it. Mobs, at all levels, hit hard so your #1 priority will be avoiding being hit.

I prefer ranged DPS in pretty well all games so avoiding melee was my go-to option. But I did eventually get the hang of melee too.

This is a pretty good tutorial:

MadFrenchie[Deleted User][Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Was an enjoyable purchase, thank you OP.
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    edited January 2019
    Watched a couple of vids, the combat looks kind of funky...Anyone that has played want to comment on it more?
    HOW TO FIGHT 
    I know I've hyped the game.  So you would think I would sugarcoat the combat. 

But to be honest, I still find the combat extremally good. 

Here's why: 
    I'm playing on a keyboard and mouse.  I want my Ranged to be stronger than Melee, but for now I have better melee weapons and more points in melee... Soon I'll be reversing that, but I'm not having any problems despite this. 

So for melee you have to run around like the video above and avoid attacks more so than most games BECAUSE EVERYTHING ONE TIME HITS HARD.  

Everything you fight takes a big chunk of your health, everything also leaps and lunges at you aggressively in do so.... If you understand this, it's the first step to EASLY SURVIVING a fight. 

- Using the w,s,a,d keys I'm constantly running then attacking.  I'll have to learn to dodge and parry to enhance this tactic but for now this is working fine for me. 

- Companions !!!... Their much stronger than I thought !!! 
    I'm finding they can all take a beating (good tanks).  I need to CONSTENTLY let them gain and re-gain agro.  If I cause too much I JET PACK OUT OF THE FIGHT..... This does four things: 
    1) gets me out. 
    2) companion takes over 
    3) allows me to heal with a potion 
    4) During long hard battles, I run far away and "save" when I reach a point that I'm ahead.  Then re-engage as my companion is fighting. 

Important: 
    I accidently learned a valuable lesion !!! 

I have a solar powered keyboard that ran out of juice in the middle of battle...…Lucky me, my companion had agro.  THE MONSTER IGNORED ME COMPLEATLY.... I sat here helpless watching my companion hold agro, slow damage over time, and die and respawn a few times and eventually win. 

Use your companion to it's fullest !!!!! 

Important: 
    I thought my finisher "Q" was broken...didn't always work... I was out of stamina…. Be aware of your stamina !!! 

"Hesitate" before using your finisher (can't button mash).  Stamina replenishes very fast.
    Post edited by delete5230 on
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    @delete5230 welcome back mate! Had fun in the nick? ;)
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    @delete5230 welcome back mate! Had fun in the nick? ;)
    Thanks, 
    I got a temporary ban, I did something I consider minor.  I guess within reason I play the fine line between good and bad too close and their getting sick of it. 

Can't blame them :)
    ConstantineMerus
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    If you want a game that actually PLAYS great, check out Crosscode....on par with Chrono Trigger (not just because of the resemblance either) for me. 

YashaX
    If you want a game that actually PLAYS great, check out Crosscode....on par with Chrono Trigger (not just because of the resemblance either) for me. 

WoW watched a review and checked it out on Steam $19.99 on sale for $14.99 It reminds me of the old Zelda that I miss, only modern.  It's amazing how you can't find things on Steam at random until you type it in search.  Unfortunately I have a long list of games to play, I'll catch it on a future sale, mean time I added it to my wish list. 
  • AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    I retried Elex again due to this thread (and because I wasted 50 Euroson this game, I know my fault). Lasted about 8 hours and it was the 4th and last time I tried. The combat is still ridiculous but I could probably ignore it, though it is definitely not fun. But what I recognized is that I hate the main character. He should have just been killed by the Berserkers when they picked him up. He is an asshole and I just can't stand playing him. ;)
    TokkenCryomatrix[Deleted User]YashaXViper482
    edited January 2019
    Anthur said:
    I retried Elex again due to this thread (and because I wasted 50 Euroson this game, I know my fault). Lasted about 8 hours and it was the 4th and last time I tried. The combat is still ridiculous but I could probably ignore it, though it is definitely not fun. But what I recognized is that I hate the main character. He should have just been killed by the Berserkers when they picked him up. He is an asshole and I just can't stand playing him. ;)
    Good that you talk about the main character because be honest, I haven't given him a thought until now. I view him as the most NEUTRAL character of any RPG I has ever played.  You could then change him to your liking.

Many games talk about how your choices and actions effect how the game plays... In almost every case this is debunked by players realizing your tricked into only one outcome regardless. 

Well, ELEX everything depends on your choice, good, bad, evil and you often PAY A HUGE PRICE.  You can easily NOT get accepted by one of the three factions depending on how much you help another, and how much bad you do within a faction....It seems the berserkers are the hardest to get in. 

YOU get your decisions thrown in you face for how you help others !  

You truly mold your personality :)
    Anthur said:
    I'll bump this. Sorry ! 

In just a few hours it would be impossible to come to any conclusions about the combat !!! 

<quote from earlier>
    HOW TO FIGHT 
    I know I've hyped the game.  So you would think I would sugarcoat the combat. 

But to be honest, I still find the combat extremally good. 

Here's why: 
    I'm playing on a keyboard and mouse.  I want my Ranged to be stronger than Melee, but for now I have better melee weapons and more points in melee... Soon I'll be reversing that, but I'm not having any problems despite this. 

So for melee you have to run around like the video above and avoid attacks more so than most games BECAUSE EVERYTHING ONE TIME HITS HARD.  

Everything you fight takes a big chunk of your health, everything also leaps and lunges at you aggressively in do so.... If you understand this, it's the first step to EASLY SURVIVING a fight. 

- Using the w,s,a,d keys I'm constantly running then attacking.  I'll have to learn to dodge and parry to enhance this tactic but for now this is working fine for me. 

- Companions !!!... Their much stronger than I thought !!! 
    I'm finding they can all take a beating (good tanks).  I need to CONSTENTLY let them gain and re-gain agro.  If I cause too much I JET PACK OUT OF THE FIGHT..... This does four things: 
    1) gets me out. 
    2) companion takes over 
    3) allows me to heal with a potion 
    4) During long hard battles, I run far away and "save" when I reach a point that I'm ahead.  Then re-engage as my companion is fighting. 

Important: 
    I accidently learned a valuable lesion !!! 

I have a solar powered keyboard that ran out of juice in the middle of battle...…Lucky me, my companion had agro.  THE MONSTER IGNORED ME COMPLEATLY.... I sat here helpless watching my companion hold agro, slow damage over time, and die and respawn a few times and eventually win. 

Use your companion to it's fullest !!!!! 

Important: 
    I thought my finisher "Q" was broken...didn't always work... I was out of stamina…. Be aware of your stamina !!! 

"Hesitate" before using your finisher (can't button mash).  Stamina replenishes very fast.

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    edited January 2019
    You play the role of the legendary Jax, one of the mightiest warriors of the most feared and powerful "race" on the planet, the Albs.

You pick up Jax's story after his aircraft gets shot down; however for some reason you are now pretty much the weakest lifeform on the planet, barely able to kill a humble rat, and have lost all knowledge of the planet, your background and skills.

The contradictions and confusion continue to flow - get ready for a heady ride into gaming mediocrity.

You will be spending the first half of the game running from your shadow or hiding behind your buddy, likely unable to meet the stat requirements for the second level bow/sword for many hours.

Feel free to loot everything marked "forbidden" even with your buddy in tow; pick up an amazing weapon just sitting around in the first shop you walk into (don't worry you won't be able to use it for another 20 hours, but it should be good when you finally can!).

Get ready for mmo fetch quests on steroids as you try and find 50 plants here, deliver a message for so and so there, etc. What about that ol open world exploring? Sure, fight that critter for 5 minutes, kill it with 50 arrows get your 5XP and then go pay 500 elexit (gold) to restock arrows. How about taking on that boss monster roaming around 10 metres away from a farm? Lure it to the workers for some help (getting all the workers killed in the process) manage to kill it and bag your 50XP!

Don't worry just craft your character! Oh what was that? Strength doesn't actually mean "strength", dex not really "dexterity"? Your stats are just mini "levels" that determine what weapon you can wield. They have no bearing on anything else. I'm level 9 atm and I just got enough stat points to wield the second level bow- 12 hours into the game. 

Oh and there is so much more that could be written about this but I wouldn't want to spoil it for you.

On the positive side some of the character interactions are interesting.
    Post edited by YashaX on
    [Deleted User]
    YashaX said:

Don't worry just craft your character! Oh what was that? Strength doesn't actually mean "strength", dex not really "dexterity"? Your stats are just mini "levels" that determine what weapon you can wield. They have no bearing on anything else. I'm level 9 atm and I just got enough stat points to wield the second level bow- 12 hours into the game.
    Sounds like you haven't discovered the wonders of Elex potions yet.

One type gives you 2 stat points to spend on Dex, Str, etc. and another type gives you a skill point. I personally didn't find a great need for the skill point one but the other one helps you qualify for better gear much faster. You'll need alcohol to make them (after you learn the crafting skill of course) so when you have your own little village the first improvement you'll want to make is a trader because he has about 100 alcohol I believe that he replenishes overnight. You'll probably want to train pick-pocket too so you can afford all that alcohol you'll be buying :)

There are also multiple recipes for making the same end product, some much better on mats than others. You do start the game knowing how to make Elex potions and you'll find better recipes for it along the way. One thing though: You want to keep one copy of any recipe you find in your inventory and only sell dupes since you don't "learn" them. It needs to be in your inventory to craft the thing. Pissed me right off when I learned that the hard way :)

And about quests...

Yeah there are a lot of lame fedex quests early on but they do get better and much more interesting as you level up.

Even when I was at your level I decided to first off prioritize the one that gets you the Zerker companion - the murder investigation. And when I was done with that I decided to follow up on a note I filched from a table that takes you to an island down south.

That starts a series of quests that will eventually get you an in with Elex's own thieve's guild, the Claws... although you'll get no in game hints on where and when you'll want to use the mysterious reward that the girl you rescued from the island gives you. You'll just come across it later on probably long after you've forgotten about it.

So yeah... run of the mill starter quests when you're a noob and much more interesting ones later on when you can handle it.
    YashaX
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

YashaX said:
    You play the role of the legendary Jak, one of the mightiest warriors of the most feared and powerful "race" on the planet, the Albs.

You pick up Jak's story after his aircraft gets shot down; however for some reason you are now pretty much the weakest lifeform on the planet, barely able to kill a humble rat, and have lost all knowledge of the planet, your background and skills.

The contradictions and confusion continue to flow - get ready for a heady ride into gaming mediocrity.

You will be spending the first half of the game running from your shadow or hiding behind your buddy, likely unable to meet the stat requirements for the second level bow/sword for many hours.

Feel free to loot everything marked "forbidden" even with your buddy in tow; pick up an amazing weapon just sitting around in the first shop you walk into (don't worry you won't be able to use it for another 20 hours, but it should be good when you finally can!).

Get ready for mmo fetch quests on steroids as you try and find 50 plants here, deliver a message for so and so there, etc. What about that ol open world exploring? Sure, fight that critter for 5 minutes, kill it with 50 arrows get your 5XP and then go pay 500 elexit (gold) to restock arrows. How about taking on that boss monster roaming around 10 metres away from a farm? Lure it to the workers for some help (getting all the workers killed in the process) manage to kill it and bag your 50XP!

Oh and there is so much more that could be written about this but I wouldn't want to spoil it for you.

On the positive side some of the character interactions are interesting.
    :) 
    I'll not argue none of this, 
    Just have a few bullet points good and bad, being honest: 

-Contradiction's and confusion's, 
    I would say contradiction's "no", your constantly struggling between doing a faction right or wrong.  You have many options to do underhanded things or follow the rules of each of the 3 factions.  It's like real life where the boss wants you to do something and the workers have other intentions. 
    I would say confusion's "yes", the game is trying to be like real life such as above. It does somewhat a good job of it with optional long dialogue if you care to lesion to it (your choice, it can be skipped).  The problem is to pull off real life it would have to be even longer and that would be boring to mimic real life.  What makes it confusing is the player want's to make decisions the will benefit the player (you) AND THATS NOT ALWAYS CLEAR. 

Loot, 
    Same is all games, you have to pick up everything.  Mostly junk with an epic now and then.  Their is good news.  It makes picking it up extremely easy with the mouse key and standing in one place you can pick most everything fast, then sell it quickly....  This shouldn't even be a topic because it's the same unspoken of all games, yet done better.  I don't hate the looting in this game.  

Character building, 
    Or craft your character as you say.  I like their style of str. dex. con. doesn't mean strength but points spent allows you to buy abilities and equip weapons and armor.  All PB games follow this formula and it works well.  However, it's wayyyyy to slow in this game !... This make a great idea into a bad one.  It works but they over did it this time and I don't like it. 

Fetch quest on steroids, 
    Again like EVERY OTHER GAME.  I'll be honest, I don't see any way around it.  Even Fallout 4 eventually falls into the same trap only worst with all it's faction base running around.  Many games try using dynamic event's, but this turns BORING just as fast.  It's a problem that plagues all RPG's.... Were just bringing this topic to the surface.   
    I find myself persevering through every RPG, most I never complete because of this.  

I'm arguing your points, this is true !!!!….. But I can't explain away the basic nature of ALL RPG'S.  If you want to play an RPG you will have all of this.

I must say I love this game, it's very immersive.  But Character building is slow.  Slow and boring.  I think because it's a very large game and they need to draw this aspect out.
    @YashaX ;
    You got me thinking about my frustrations.  I have only one, but it's a big one.  
    I'm always honest and never sugar coat.

I posted this on Steam:
    I'm level 19, it took me a long time to get here. 
    When can I equip all the beautiful weapons the game is giving me ?
    Attribute and skill points are terribly slow. 
    I have a huge amount of great useful weapons that can not be equipped. I'm trying VERY hard to allocate points into strength and dexterity, but no dice.  As hard as I try, I'm still only playing with tier 2 weapons, barley above base beginner ones.  Crafting ?... Forget it !… By crafting, it just makes my weapons unusable because they now need points allocated into it, same as the HUGE amount I have in my inventory.
    On a good note…as I get higher in level I will eventually have points that will allow me to equip everything all at once, but mid game is torture to become powerful. 
    It wouldn't be bad, but I feel stagnated in power for so long now. Yet I could work on lock picking, pick pocket and dialogue… I would like to feel at least a little stronger.
    Lower the requirement's for weapons so I could equip at least something !
    I LOVE this game, I really do !..... But make this part fun too ! 

Late for work !

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited January 2019
    I cannot stand point allocation in games,terrible design.
    It only works in the character creation screen beyond that it should be an EASY design,you learn things by using similar items.
    How any developer thinks allotting points is immersive and realistic is beyond me,i don't need cheap carrots to immerse me in a game,simply giving me good content and fun abilities and lots of choice and discovery is all i need.

Where do these points come from,they just magically appear out of thin air?I need ideas to make sense,that has ALWAYS been one my biggest peeves in games,especially if i am playing a game that is SUPPOSE to be immersive.I don't need immersion in a game of Chess or Yahtzee but when comes to having a Character in a role play design,yes i need to see a game making sense.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Iselin said:

Even when I was at your level I decided to first off prioritize the one that gets you the Zerker companion - the murder investigation. And when I was done with that I decided to follow up on a note I filched from a table that takes you to an island down south.

I did that zerker quest, I thought it was pretty good and Duras is such an awesome guy.

The main conundrum I'm having atm is whether to join the zerkers or the clerics. I love the zerker armor and overall just like the faction and people in it better; meanwhile I can barely stand the clerics (I feel like puking whenever any of them start talking) but their skills look so much better than anything zerkers get.

That said I do like the cleric companion, its weird though because he doesn't sound like a cleric at all. 
    YashaX said:

That said I do like the cleric companion, its weird though because he doesn't sound like a cleric at all. 
    There's more to that story :)

Elex is kind of weird in that all 3 factions that you can join have glaring flaws: the Zerker's technophobia and especially their constant complaints whenever you look at your map in town are annoying AF. The Cleric techno religion is also a big turn off and the Outlaws are just assholes.

I agree that the Zerkers are the least objectionable but when all was said and done I just joined whichever I could use for my own benefit without buying into their BS. Going to the Domed City (and even more so once you find Origin) will just reinforce that many of the best people in the game took the same route you're about to take and rejected all 3 factions. Just use whichever fits your purpose best.

I went with the Clerics on my first play through and that worked well from a game play perspective since their ranged super attack, Black Hole, doesn't need ammo. You just need to chug the mental energy potions that are easy to make in quantity.
    YashaXOctagon7711

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Torval said:
    Iselin said:
    YashaX said:

Elex is kind of weird in that all 3 factions that you can join have glaring flaws: the Zerker's technophobia and especially their constant complaints whenever you look at your map in town are annoying AF. The Cleric techno religion is also a big turn off and the Outlaws are just assholes.

I agree that the Zerkers are the least objectionable but when all was said and done I just joined whichever I could use for my own benefit without buying into their BS. Going to the Domed City (and even more so once you find Origin) will just reinforce that many of the best people in the game took the same route you're about to take and rejected all 3 factions. Just use whichever fits your purpose best.

I went with the Clerics on my first play through and that worked well from a game play perspective since their ranged super attack, Black Hole, doesn't need ammo. You just need to chug the mental energy potions that are easy to make in quantity.
    Did you join a faction early or wait? I've been playing Prey, but the comments here have piqued my interest to check some things out. Also, it had some technical issues through SteamPlay that have now been resolved so it will run better.
    Get that Prey ending before hopping around...
    [Deleted User]
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    Torval said:
    Iselin said:
    YashaX said:

Did you join a faction early or wait? I've been playing Prey, but the comments here have piqued my interest to check some things out. Also, it had some technical issues through SteamPlay that have now been resolved so it will run better.

I am playing it via steam and it seems to run perfectly.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Iselin said:
    YashaX said:

While it's not really a fair bar to compare it to imo, and it doesn't diminish what I find is a solid RPG, Elex did remind me of how well-oiled and put together the combat in Witcher 3 actually is.  There's no animation lock that prevents one from dodging/side-stepping, and no stamina bar for parrying or swinging.  All in all, Witcher 3 combat is a pretty good balance between RPG and action imo.
    YashaX

Iselin said:
    YashaX said:

While it's not really a fair bar to compare it to imo, and it doesn't diminish what I find is a solid RPG, Elex did remind me of how well-oiled and put together the combat in Witcher 3 actually is.  There's no animation lock that prevents one from dodging/side-stepping, and no stamina bar for parrying or swinging.  All in all, Witcher 3 combat is a pretty good balance between RPG and action imo.
    Yeah I liked Witcher combat better too.

There's a bit of a "cheat" in Elex although I suppose, it's not really a cheat if it's an official difficulty option: you can turn stamina usage for combat actions off altogether. It's there to make combat easier but the main reason I did it is to speed melee combat up without needing to micromanage the energy like that guy on the tutorial video I posted using his jet pack to regen, No need to do that if you just turn its use in combat off.

Melee is quicker and more fluid if you do that.
    Octagon7711[Deleted User]bartoni33MadFrenchie

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

edited January 2019
    Important

In the beginning I thought my keyboard was hesitating, however I really knew a keyboard wouldn't act that way so it had to be the game itself.  Then I realized it was "stamina usage and button mashing".  I wasn't following my own advice mentioned in the OP.  Strike and wait !!! 

Then I put a point into LESS STAMINA USAGE, made a world of difference.  Now I'm able to button mash more, much more.  Later I can put one more point, but that's high cost and will come way later.  I try and avoid using turn off stamina in options, but I could understand making the game enjoyable too.  

EVERYONE PLEASE REMEMBER, two tips:
    - Settings>difficulty>close combat focus, set to manual.   
    - Find sunglasses early ( many YouTubes on locations).  
    Or at least understand both are available. 

I'm now level 19 
    The game and everything about it is becoming better, much better.  
    However "better" is subjective... Some could call the beginning HARDER, ANNOYING, CHALLENGING or BROKEN. 

Its designed this way.  It's where the conflict is with all PB games.  They develop their games with very strict guide lines. They rely on word of mouth for people to figure this out.  

This is where I do blame PB. If they do want to play different, they should some how inform the public SOME HOW, instead of taking so much backlash.  

Something else I find very important:  
    Pick a combat style in the beginning and STICK TO IT !!!
    -Melee....remember stamina 
    -Ranged 
    -Heavy 
    Attribute and Ability points are extremally tight in the beginning.  No wiggle room.  You must decide.  If a player were to apply both, the player will be weak.  ONLY ONE STYLE. 

Later when your truly comfortable and feel strong, and many points are spent in one, your able to pick a sub-style and make that equally strong too.  

This is my second PB game (gothic 3)… If I didn't already know this strict rule, I would never had figured this out !!!!…. I blame PB.  

How is a player to know this ?.... Even for the most intelligent player, it would appear to spread points out !  

It's still a great RPG.  It's been a long time since spent so much time being so intrigued with everything about a game.
    bartoni33
    edited January 2019
    @YashaX ;
    You got me thinking about my frustrations.  I have only one, but it's a big one.  
    I'm always honest and never sugar coat.

I posted this on Steam:
    I'm level 19, it took me a long time to get here. 
    When can I equip all the beautiful weapons the game is giving me ?
    Attribute and skill points are terribly slow. 
    I have a huge amount of great useful weapons that can not be equipped. I'm trying VERY hard to allocate points into strength and dexterity, but no dice.  As hard as I try, I'm still only playing with tier 2 weapons, barley above base beginner ones.  Crafting ?... Forget it !… By crafting, it just makes my weapons unusable because they now need points allocated into it, same as the HUGE amount I have in my inventory.
    On a good note…as I get higher in level I will eventually have points that will allow me to equip everything all at once, but mid game is torture to become powerful. 
    It wouldn't be bad, but I feel stagnated in power for so long now. Yet I could work on lock picking, pick pocket and dialogue… I would like to feel at least a little stronger.
    Lower the requirement's for weapons so I could equip at least something !
    I LOVE this game, I really do !..... But make this part fun too ! 

Late for work !

Yes, the character progression system is not very enjoyable. 
    edited January 2019
    Important

In the beginning I thought my keyboard was hesitating, however I really knew a keyboard wouldn't act that way so it had to be the game itself.  Then I realized it was "stamina usage and button mashing".  I wasn't following my own advice mentioned in the OP.  Strike and wait !!! 

Then I put a point into LESS STAMINA USAGE, made a world of difference.  Now I'm able to button mash more, much more.  Later I can put one more point, but that's high cost and will come way later.  I try and avoid using turn off stamina in options, but I could understand making the game enjoyable too.  

EVERYONE PLEASE REMEMBER, two tips:
    - Settings>difficulty>close combat focus, set to manual.   
    - Find sunglasses early ( many YouTubes on locations).  
    Or at least understand both are available. 

I'm now level 19 
    The game and everything about it is becoming better, much better.  
    However "better" is subjective... Some could call the beginning HARDER, ANNOYING, CHALLENGING or BROKEN. 

Its designed this way.  It's where the conflict is with all PB games.  They develop their games with very strict guide lines. They rely on word of mouth for people to figure this out.  

This is where I do blame PB. If they do want to play different, they should some how inform the public SOME HOW, instead of taking so much backlash.  

Something else I find very important:  
    Pick a combat style in the beginning and STICK TO IT !!!
    -Melee....remember stamina 
    -Ranged 
    -Heavy 
    Attribute and Ability points are extremally tight in the beginning.  No wiggle room.  You must decide.  If a player were to apply both, the player will be weak.  ONLY ONE STYLE. 

Later when your truly comfortable and feel strong, and many points are spent in one, your able to pick a sub-style and make that equally strong too.  

This is my second PB game (gothic 3)… If I didn't already know this strict rule, I would never had figured this out !!!!…. I blame PB.  

How is a player to know this ?.... Even for the most intelligent player, it would appear to spread points out !  

It's still a great RPG.  It's been a long time since spent so much time being so intrigued with everything about a game.
    Difficulty,
    As I hit level 20 I was able to increase my str. and dex. to where I could purchase 2 of 3 in Combat Melee Weapons Ability.  Also with the increase of str. and dex. I was able to equip a much stronger one hand weapon at the same time.... This made a world of difference.  I'm able to go through trash mobs much easer. 

I guess I reached the point where everyone talks about level 20 being where you can venture the world easer (standard talk about the game).  Up to this point I must say it was "enjoyable" where many bash the game.    Right now it turned even more enjoyable because now I can challenge many of the bosses of the game.  It sucked having to go around them, knowing I was passing the treasures they were protection.

Last night I had two epic battles.  One to control a farm over ran with many beast where I had to jump out of the fight and on to roof top to heal many times.  Another where I needed to kill a boss NPC and take control of a base.  Both were very different fights and a lot of fun.

With better Melee Weapons I can now craft gems for sockets to make them stronger, was unable to do this with trash weapons. 

It's like the game changed for the better yet again :) 

Now I'm working on increasing Archery to bring it up to speed with Melee.  But this is against the game's focus of increasing only one style.  It would be smart to continue making Melee more powerful.  But still I want to have fun with both. 

With this comes more good news:
    Easy, normal, difficult and Ultra.  I'm playing on "normal" instead of ramping to "difficult".  I'll keep it where it is and have fun with a combination of fighting styles. 

Now that I think about it. I must increase Archery.  I'm unable to take on a large robot without Ranged weapon's.  It's the end of Act 1 for the main mission's.  Robots are still hard.  The ability point to fight them is very expensive. 

One thing I never mentioned "Grenades" are POWERFUL.  Use them, it's like a get out of jail free card.... Sadly it doesn't work on the fast moving robot. 

This game is truly amazing :)
    ConstantineMerus
  • ErudWertErudWert Member CommonPosts: 4
    Does it have enough contents?