Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Most Wanted MMO of 2018 is.........PANTHEON: RISE OF THE FALLEN! - Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen

1235»

Comments

• CryolitycalCryolitycal Member UncommonPosts: 205
    DMKano said:
    The hell is Pantheon?
    Gets on web, looks it up... OMG, it looks horrible. Another indie low budget thing with bad graphics and animations. No, I do care about systems, economies and story, I just happen to want them in an immersive world.
    We're really screwed this year if this is the game that it's the most exciting.
    Wait, they want a sub for it as well? Holy hells. lol.
    You are confusing graphics with immersion.

Project 99 *today* is more immersive IMO than vast majority of MMOs.

Gameplay > graphics and Panthen looks good enough already

Hopefully they really nail the hard part - gameplay
    Gameplay is important, but not sufficient. The game looks absolutely horrible. Immersion means I am not distracted by jaggies and ugly models, but instead am able to soak the great cities and vistas in and appreciate the artistic proficiency of the studio creating it. Having to deal with horrific stiff animations, ugly models and textures from 2005 is killing it for me.
    And I'm a dude that grew with C64, Amiga 500 and Intel 80286-486 to Pentium to modern days. Been through games like Baldur's Gate for a few times. Played Neverwinter Nights many years after it was released. But I went back to them cause I already knew they were extraordinary experiences. MMOs today are all the same. 
    TL;DR: gameplay is not enough by itself, graphics is also not enough. They must come together. neglect one, and you will most probably estrange lots of people. Retro stuff is one thing, ugly looking 3D stuff is another. But the players will choose on release - we will see what happens when the game gets released.
    Lokero
  • syeekcosyeekco Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Grats Pantheon!
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    edited January 2018
    DMKano said:
    The hell is Pantheon?
    Gets on web, looks it up... OMG, it looks horrible. Another indie low budget thing with bad graphics and animations. No, I do care about systems, economies and story, I just happen to want them in an immersive world.
    We're really screwed this year if this is the game that it's the most exciting.
    Wait, they want a sub for it as well? Holy hells. lol.
    You are confusing graphics with immersion.

Project 99 *today* is more immersive IMO than vast majority of MMOs.

Gameplay > graphics and Panthen looks good enough already

Hopefully they really nail the hard part - gameplay
    Gameplay is important, but not sufficient. The game looks absolutely horrible. Immersion means I am not distracted by jaggies and ugly models, but instead am able to soak the great cities and vistas in and appreciate the artistic proficiency of the studio creating it. Having to deal with horrific stiff animations, ugly models and textures from 2005 is killing it for me.
    And I'm a dude that grew with C64, Amiga 500 and Intel 80286-486 to Pentium to modern days. Been through games like Baldur's Gate for a few times. Played Neverwinter Nights many years after it was released. But I went back to them cause I already knew they were extraordinary experiences. MMOs today are all the same. 
    TL;DR: gameplay is not enough by itself, graphics is also not enough. They must come together. neglect one, and you will most probably estrange lots of people. Retro stuff is one thing, ugly looking 3D stuff is another. But the players will choose on release - we will see what happens when the game gets released.

I would rather the game be sprites or 2.5D and have great animations/color, etc than a half-assed 3D.

This is the problem with games like project Gorgon.  If you can't do it right, don't do it at all.
    Cryolitycal
  • GeekyGeeky Member UncommonPosts: 446

Maurgrim said:

Jadden said:

Shaigh said:

The most wanted of 2018 is something that won't be launch ready in 2018.

And it won nonetheless , it just shows how much people really want a game like this.

Means nothing really, hardcore fans can just make alt accounts just to vote, been going on for years on this site.

Wrong.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Pantheon was never the most wanted mmo of 2018. :/
    Phry
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Mikeha said:
    Pantheon was never the most wanted mmo of 2018. :/
    Funny how that works out, wait a year and have a laugh, works for me  ;)
    Mikeha
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    A MMO in early alpha is most wanted? Or most anticipated?
    Mikeha
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Really a very sad state of affairs when it comes down to AOC and Pantheon.  Both are going to sadly disappoint anyone foolish enough to try playing them, IF they ever release.
    [Deleted User]
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    LOL, the irony of looking at that list now and realizing that barely anything on there was released in 2018. Hell, we'll be lucky to see some of those in 2019.

I'm also reminded of what slim pickings that list was.
    [Deleted User]

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Panhandlers don't give refunds either, @Torval.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    It's  a head to head tie for me, Pantheon and Torchlight Frontiers. 

• LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    So let me get this straight, after the crap AoC is pulling.. AoC fans are shocked aoc didn't win? Guess people aren't waiting for BR games right now? 
    maskedweasel
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    None of the top 8 finishers actually launched in 2018, so this poll could double as the most wanted MMO of 2019.
    Mendel
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    damn I was tricked into responding to a necro thread.. what a fail
  • asdfsdf34534asdfsdf34534 Member UncommonPosts: 52
    mmorpg a place for middle aged people to feel relevant. 
    mmolou
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    I missed the vote, but I would have chosen Ashes of Creation for me.
    Azaron_Nightblade

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• Cuppett5Cuppett5 Member UncommonPosts: 156
    Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen. Release date: June 2025. See you there.
    Azaron_Nightblade
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Tokken said:
    I missed the vote, but I would have chosen Ashes of Creation for me.
    I would as well if it was a new vote.

I think I went with Bless at the time. Which at least released in 2018! :joy:

And for as much as disaster it was, I would still pick it over Pantheon: Rise of 2002.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Although it's a necro, this thread is pretty relevant now on the New Years, as a good luck back at 2018 (and the big disappointment it and MMOs continue to be)