Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What you guys gonna pick up in the steam Winter Sale?

Comments

• lahnmirlahnmir Member EpicPosts: 2,454
    lahnmir said:
    Atlas.

And looking at DQ11, just looking though, a bit, and a bit more....

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Aaaand bought.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    blueturtle13
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...
  • AragoniAragoni Member UncommonPosts: 345
    Picked up Monster Hunter: Worlds, Foxhole and all the DLC to Cities: Skylines. Will also pick up Dusk and the latest DLC to Europa Universalis IV.
  • shetlandslarsenshetlandslarsen Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Nothing. Have a way to big a backlog as it is.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 11,118
    edited January 1
    [mod edit]
    You are going into the naughty corner, Santa is not pleased. :)
    Post edited by Vaross on
    AndrewDiceClay

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 2,968
    Super Mario Bros. naughty link
    Hmm, I don't quite remember Super Mario Bros graphics looking that good.
    AndrewDiceClayNorseGodSedrynTyrosGorwe
  • free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,013
    free2play said:
    I've been browsing all day. I haven't seen anything that grabbed me by the nose.

Nier would have been an option but it didn't make it in to the sales. Shadow of the Tomb Raider is on my radar and I don't know why. I just bought Rise of the Tomb Raider. Only played it for an hr and uninstalled it so I could make room for other games. I still don't own Witcher 3 so maybe I will pick that up..

Or maybe I will save my monies for Boxing Day hardware deals.
    They ended up getting me for $75 Canadian because I am an idiot. I bought the Ultimate edition of Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Being as I have never played an Assassin's Creed game, I could have made due with the base copy but I was in a Yolo mood. I also bought Vegas Movie Studio 14 Platinum Edition for $20 or something but that might not count in this discussion.
    Cryomatrix
  • ShaighShaigh Member RarePosts: 1,964
    Bought banner saga 3 during this sale.
    The cynic knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,430
    edited January 1
    [mod edit]
    I hear it's even better with VR.
    Post edited by Vaross on

• kitaradkitarad Member EpicPosts: 4,934
    Bought Warhammer 40,000 Mechanicus, Dragon Quest XI, Ghost of a Tale, Frost Punk and Deep Sky Derelits and thinking about buying Warhammer Vermitude II.

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    I really want to play Warhammer Vermintide II, but I'm on the fence about it since it's pretty much co-op only, and honestly, I'm getting sick and fookin tired of dealing with elitist little turd kids who whine about you not doing everything exactly perfect.

Anyone have any experience with the community?  Is it pretty chill to join a PUG and have some fun without having to be a grand master, millisecond perfect expert in all parts of the game?
  • GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 5,889
    H0urg1ass said:
    I really want to play Warhammer Vermintide II, but I'm on the fence about it since it's pretty much co-op only, and honestly, I'm getting sick and fookin tired of dealing with elitist little turd kids who whine about you not doing everything exactly perfect.

Anyone have any experience with the community?  Is it pretty chill to join a PUG and have some fun without having to be a grand master, millisecond perfect expert in all parts of the game?
    Who said it was coop only? I have like 1500 hours in these two combined and I played with other people for like 50 hours(mostly to help people with contracts in VT 1 or out of necessity - you try to solo Cata Peak). I'm just beyond frustrated at how they handled acquiring gear in VT 2(should've stuck with Quests imo).
    H0urg1ass
  • kitaradkitarad Member EpicPosts: 4,934
    edited December 2018
    H0urg1ass said:

Damn okay that means I cannot play. I am a sucky player and people breathing down my neck and scolding me will only make me make more mistakes and foul up even more. I was think of using the AI as team mates.

Gorwe said:
    H0urg1ass said:

Who said it was coop only? I have like 1500 hours in these two combined and I played with other people for like 50 hours(mostly to help people with contracts in VT 1 or out of necessity - you try to solo Cata Peak). I'm just beyond frustrated at how they handled acquiring gear in VT 2(should've stuck with Quests imo).
    How did they handle the gear is it through grouping?

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,164
    Nothing as usual.
  • TokkenTokken Member RarePosts: 2,051
    I got Atlas and Divinity Original Sin.
    AndrewDiceClay
    Warriors are like steel, when you lose your temper you lose your worth.
  • AndrewDiceClayAndrewDiceClay Member EpicPosts: 2,507
    edited December 2018
    H0urg1ass said:

I haven't played it recently but played a ton for the first few months following launch and had no issues with toxic or elitist types. The action is too frantic for anyone to stop and be a dick or give you a lecture lol.

Im my experience there is usually one or two amazing players in each pug that end up carrying the run, Get the game its awesome.
    Torval

• Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard Member LegendaryPosts: 7,943
    I picked up the full version of Alien: Isolation.
    Older game, but they really nailed the ambience of the first Alien movie, loving it!
    H0urg1assAgent_JosephimmodiumTorval
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Core I7 9700k (4.90ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 8K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    I picked up the full version of Alien: Isolation.
    Older game, but they really nailed the ambience of the first Alien movie, loving it!
    This game scared the bejeesus out of me.

My asshole puckered so hard, I didn't shit straight for a week.  The alternative title for this game should be "Extreme Kegel Blast Workout!"

By the time I finished this game I could crack walnuts with my ass cheeks and my local choir tried to hire me on as a full time soprano.

Sometimes, when I'm all alone and it's too quiet, I can still hear the alien walking around in the air vents.
    Jean-Luc_PicardTorvalCaffynated
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 2,474
    I picked up subnautica for free, played it for a couple of hours after my lvl 89 in PoE died . . .then back to making my another char in PoE the next day. I just love making new builds in the game.

It is tough for me to play other games. Im still debating on whether to buy ark, civ 6 or project gorgon. 

Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 2,971
    I picked up subnautica for free, played it for a couple of hours after my lvl 89 in PoE died . . .then back to making my another char in PoE the next day. I just love making new builds in the game.

It is tough for me to play other games. Im still debating on whether to buy ark, civ 6 or project gorgon. 

PoE 1 or 2?

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 18,929
    Has anyone played Vikings - Wolves of Midgard recently? @Scorchien @blueturtle13 I know you both play ARPG. Have you played it?

It was in the news a couple of years ago, but I haven't heard much since. I've checked the Steam page and it has mixed reviews with comments all over the place. The inconsistency in the comments makes it harder for me to interpret where it misses. I reread Catherine Daro's review here, but would like more input.

Important features to me: smooth engine/UI, engaging combat, loot that matters, and interesting progression. Other action RPG I think do this really well: Diablo 3, Victor Vran, and Dragon's Dogma:DA.
    blueturtle13
    take back the hobby: https://www.reddit.com/r/patientgamers/

traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

• lahnmirlahnmir Member EpicPosts: 2,454
    edited January 1
    Torval said:
    Has anyone played Vikings - Wolves of Midgard recently? @Scorchien @blueturtle13 I know you both play ARPG. Have you played it?

It was in the news a couple of years ago, but I haven't heard much since. I've checked the Steam page and it has mixed reviews with comments all over the place. The inconsistency in the comments makes it harder for me to interpret where it misses. I reread Catherine Daro's review here, but would like more input.

Important features to me: smooth engine/UI, engaging combat, loot that matters, and interesting progression. Other action RPG I think do this really well: Diablo 3, Victor Vran, and Dragon's Dogma:DA.
    I’ve played it a fair bit and its very standard. Especially the level design is uninspired and the combat misses that essential oomph. It ain’t bad but it isn’t great either.

Edit. It also really isn’t at the same level as the other games you mention.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir 
    Torvalblueturtle13YashaX
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...
  • blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,569
    lahnmir said:
    Torval said:

I’ve played it a fair bit and its very standard. Especially the level design is uninspired and the combat misses that essential oomph. It ain’t bad but it isn’t great either.

Edit. It also really isn’t at the same level as the other games you mention.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir 
    Very standard indeed. It is a really uninspired game to be honest. The engine runs fine. The temperature mechanic is nice, having to go to a camp fire after a period of time or you freeze to death (which also double as save points) 

The level design is boring and the progression system is anemic. Overall a pass. There are much better options imho 
    Torval

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• asdfsdf34534asdfsdf34534 Member UncommonPosts: 52
    mmorpg a place for middle aged people to feel relevant. 
  • seshsesseshses Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Aethaeryn said:

PoE 1 or 2?
    Path of exile or Pillars of eternity ?

• seshsesseshses Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Only game i bought was Pathfinder: Kingmaker , i mostly play thematique board games now