Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your 2019 mmorpg resolution is?

AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
Mine is to find and play a game without talking myself into thinking it sucks before I give it a fair chance.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

AethaeryncheyanekitaradCryomatrixKootur

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    Amathe said:
    Mine is to find and play a game without talking myself into thinking it sucks before I give it a fair chance.
    May I suggest something very simple:  browser-based with no download.  Because if you only have seconds between when you first learn about a game and you find out from giving it a fair chance that it is actually terrible, that's not much time to convince yourself that it is bad before giving it a fair chance.
    Gdemami
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    About the same here to continue to enjoy the ones I like and to get around to uninstalling the ones I don't play much anymore.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Keep on playing MMORPGs I have fun in, no matter what the average poster here thinks about them. So no change for me.

Happy new year ;)
    Hear, hear!

Same for me, plus keeping an eye out on those few upcoming MMOs I'm actually interested in. (Although I doubt any of them are going to see the light of day in 2019)
    [Deleted User]

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Pick one game and play it.   For real.
    NorseGodSovrathPhaserlight

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Ummm..I don't get it.
    Mikeha
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    To try my best to ignore all news, posts etc regarding Star Citizen as I've grown so very weary of it's never ending development story.

Unless of course it actually launches.....

Yeah, right.

:D
    Phaserlight

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    I don't make New Year's resolutions.  It's easier to not break them that way.
    gervaise1[Deleted User][Deleted User]Phaserlight
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Mine is my health,i am teetering on borrowed time,so i need to get to my old ways of jogging and lifting weights,health trumps all gaming,pretty hard to game if you are ,well you know.
    AmatheKyleranCaffynatedSovrath

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    Every year and every new expansion mmos get worse. The trend goes that whenever I realize just how much worse then newest gets, that which came a few years suddenly doesn't look as bad..compared.
    So maybe I should just play one, instead of looking back regretting that I didn't .. and adjust expectations really low...which that should be I am not sure tbh.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
     2560x 1440  :p
    Amathe[Deleted User]Phaserlight
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    My 2019 mmorpg resolution is to avoid being dragged into what constitutes an MMO discussions due to @BillMurphy trolling us again.
    Kyleran
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • InteritusInteritus Member UncommonPosts: 236
    Not to wear out my F5 key checking for new information on Cyberpunk 2077
  • JippiijooJippiijoo Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Mine is not letting myself think that mmorpg with tab+target combat system can keep me challenged and entertained anymore:D
  • LtldoggLtldogg Member UncommonPosts: 282
    Mine is to keep playing and enjoying EQ and in 2-4 years maybe, MAYBE Pantheon will be ready and good; if not, oh well. I have something to enjoy.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    The only mmorpg that I'm gonna play is this forum. Although that has been more of a shared-world rpg lately. 
    [Deleted User]
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    The only mmorpg that I'm gonna play is this forum. Although that has been more of a shared-world rpg lately. 
    It can be a real survival sandbox sometimes.
    ConstantineMerus[Deleted User]KyleranPhry[Deleted User]Scot

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    edited January 2019
    It can be a real survival sandbox sometimes.
    I just hope they don't turn it into a Battle Royale. 
    MadFrenchie[Deleted User]Kyleran[Deleted User]Scot
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    1920 X 1080
    free2play

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• KaidenXIIIKaidenXIII Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Getting a new phone to play all those juicy blizzard titles ... lol.
    PhryKyleranRidelynn
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    To quit MMORPG .
    Honestly even though i always said that i will quit and don't care about this genre anymore , i still come back when i happen to see a news about new MMORPG get release then get disappointed again and again .
  • LithuanianLithuanian Member UncommonPosts: 543
    To enjoy playing Hunter in Lotro and become a quality Hunter.
    Reach Nothern Mirkwood and stop there moving not into other territories.
    Pray (in vain) that Istaria returns to old good f2p model so that I can level up my crafters.
    And enjoy playing Lotro Hunter.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    edited January 2019
    If we are taking about that kind of resolution... 3840 × 2160 per eye in my soon to arrive Pimax 8K headset ;)

A short review once you have had it a couple of weeks would be an idea.
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Scot said:
    If we are taking about that kind of resolution... 3840 × 2160 per eye in my soon to arrive Pimax 8K headset ;)

A short review once you have had it a couple of weeks would be an idea.
    Agreed... or a visit to a qualified optometrist.   Report on either.

Scot[Deleted User]

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    Don't join early access, that's more for you lot as I never have.

When you see mostly positive on Steam you really need to think about the genre, if you have a question mark about that don't buy.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    My MMORPG resolution is to play fewer of them and more of the quality single player titles I'm already enjoying.

But hey, if Crowfall wants to release, I'll give it a go.