Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your 2019 mmorpg resolution is?

AmatheAmathe Miami, FLMember EpicPosts: 4,393
Mine is to find and play a game without talking myself into thinking it sucks before I give it a fair chance.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

AethaeryncheyanekitaradCryomatrixKootur

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 20,195
    Amathe said:
    Mine is to find and play a game without talking myself into thinking it sucks before I give it a fair chance.
    May I suggest something very simple:  browser-based with no download.  Because if you only have seconds between when you first learn about a game and you find out from giving it a fair chance that it is actually terrible, that's not much time to convince yourself that it is bad before giving it a fair chance.
    Gdemami
  • Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard La BarreMember LegendaryPosts: 7,789
    edited January 1
    Keep on playing MMORPGs I have fun in, no matter what the average poster here thinks about them. So no change for me.

Happy new year ;)
    Post edited by Jean-Luc_Picard on
    Octagon7711Azaron_NightbladeAmathegervaise1RovncheyaneimmodiumSovrathPhaserlight
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Core I7 9700k (4.90ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 4K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Chicago, ILMember EpicPosts: 8,327
    About the same here to continue to enjoy the ones I like and to get around to uninstalling the ones I don't play much anymore.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade KingsmouthMember EpicPosts: 4,565
    Keep on playing MMORPGs I have fun in, no matter what the average poster here thinks about them. So no change for me.

Happy new year ;)
    Hear, hear!

Same for me, plus keeping an eye out on those few upcoming MMOs I'm actually interested in. (Although I doubt any of them are going to see the light of day in 2019)
    Jean-Luc_Picard

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• AethaerynAethaeryn Woodstock, ONMember RarePosts: 2,925
    Pick one game and play it.   For real.
    NorseGodSovrathPhaserlight

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,092
    Ummm..I don't get it.
    Mikeha
  • GorweGorwe Ald'RuhnMember EpicPosts: 5,518
    I completely forgot about that stupid tradition. Very well...my resolution is...to enjoy myself and such that the things stay as they are.
  • KyleranKyleran Paradise City, FLMember LegendaryPosts: 31,779
    To try my best to ignore all news, posts etc regarding Star Citizen as I've grown so very weary of it's never ending development story.

Unless of course it actually launches.....

Yeah, right.

:D
    Phaserlight

"I should run a marathon backwards. So I could see what second place look like" Royce da 5'9"

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 ATM.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKMember LegendaryPosts: 19,731
    My 2019 resolution will remain the same - 2K on my main gaming monitor. 

;)
    KyleranAzaron_NightbladeTrolldefender99poorbaby
  • GruntyGrunty TexasMember RarePosts: 8,540
    I don't make New Year's resolutions.  It's easier to not break them that way.
    gervaise1TorvalMisterZebubPhaserlight
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • WizardryWizardry Ontario, CanadaMember EpicPosts: 15,410
    Mine is my health,i am teetering on borrowed time,so i need to get to my old ways of jogging and lifting weights,health trumps all gaming,pretty hard to game if you are ,well you know.
    AmatheKyleranCaffynatedSovrath

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,565
    Every year and every new expansion mmos get worse. The trend goes that whenever I realize just how much worse then newest gets, that which came a few years suddenly doesn't look as bad..compared.
    So maybe I should just play one, instead of looking back regretting that I didn't .. and adjust expectations really low...which that should be I am not sure tbh.
  • PhryPhry OxfordshireMember EpicPosts: 10,326
     2560x 1440  :p
    AmatheMisterZebubPhaserlight
  • Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard La BarreMember LegendaryPosts: 7,789
    If we are taking about that kind of resolution... 3840 × 2160 per eye in my soon to arrive Pimax 8K headset ;)
    AmatheTorvalKyleranGorwe
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Core I7 9700k (4.90ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 4K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

• ShaighShaigh Member RarePosts: 1,898
    My 2019 mmorpg resolution is to avoid being dragged into what constitutes an MMO discussions due to @BillMurphy trolling us again.
    Kyleran
    The cynic knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
  • InteritusInteritus Vancouver, BCMember UncommonPosts: 218
    Not to wear out my F5 key checking for new information on Cyberpunk 2077
  • JippiijooJippiijoo turkkiMember UncommonPosts: 49
    Mine is not letting myself think that mmorpg with tab+target combat system can keep me challenged and entertained anymore:D
  • LtldoggLtldogg Phoenix, AZMember UncommonPosts: 235
    Mine is to keep playing and enjoying EQ and in 2-4 years maybe, MAYBE Pantheon will be ready and good; if not, oh well. I have something to enjoy.
  • parrotpholkparrotpholk Leland, NCMember RarePosts: 4,112
    Help to test Dual Universe and likely enjoy the new FFXIV xpac when it hits.  Other than that will likely ignore anything else in MMO land as far as playing.
    MadFrenchie
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus LondonMember EpicPosts: 2,529
    The only mmorpg that I'm gonna play is this forum. Although that has been more of a shared-world rpg lately. 
    Torvalblueturtle13
    • "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    • Song of the Week: One Second from One Second (1997) by Paradise Lost
    • Gaming Timeline: Arcade, Commodore 64, Amiga 500, SEGA, IBM, PS, PC, PS2, More PCs, PS3, Giant PC, PS4, No More PCs, PS4 Pro. 
    • Adopted @Kyleran as my virtual father - I put him in my signature since he worries about me all the time and this way he can keep track of me when I talk to strangers here!
    • Favorite Drink: Bruichladdich Black Art 5th 1992
    • Currently Playing: Spider-Man: Turf Wars / The Division farewell tour / Grim Fandango Remastered / Aven Colony
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Nashville, TNMember LegendaryPosts: 7,777
    The only mmorpg that I'm gonna play is this forum. Although that has been more of a shared-world rpg lately. 
    It can be a real survival sandbox sometimes.
    ConstantineMerusTorvalKyleranPhryJean-Luc_PicardScot

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus LondonMember EpicPosts: 2,529
    edited January 2
    It can be a real survival sandbox sometimes.
    I just hope they don't turn it into a Battle Royale. 
    Post edited by ConstantineMerus on
    MadFrenchieTorvalblueturtle13KyleranJean-Luc_PicardScot
    • "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    • Song of the Week: One Second from One Second (1997) by Paradise Lost
    • Gaming Timeline: Arcade, Commodore 64, Amiga 500, SEGA, IBM, PS, PC, PS2, More PCs, PS3, Giant PC, PS4, No More PCs, PS4 Pro. 
    • Adopted @Kyleran as my virtual father - I put him in my signature since he worries about me all the time and this way he can keep track of me when I talk to strangers here!
    • Favorite Drink: Bruichladdich Black Art 5th 1992
    • Currently Playing: Spider-Man: Turf Wars / The Division farewell tour / Grim Fandango Remastered / Aven Colony
  • MisterZebubMisterZebub Not In ESOMember EpicPosts: 3,125
    I resolve to drink until I puke and gorge until I puke, and chase women until my heart gives out.

. . . so if this year goes like any other with sticking to these silly resolutions, I'm going to be living like a monk for 2019.
    ConstantineMerusTorvalPhryScotSovrath

“Prisons are built with stones of Law, Brothels with bricks of Religion”

• AkulasAkulas GoldcoastMember UncommonPosts: 2,344
    1920 X 1080
    free2play

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• KaidenXIIIKaidenXIII No townMember UncommonPosts: 5
    Getting a new phone to play all those juicy blizzard titles ... lol.
    PhryKyleranRidelynn