Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bill’s Favorite Games of 2018 - Bill Murphy - MMORPG.com

13»

Comments

• Tindale111Tindale111 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    for me its FM19 ,starters orders 7 ,Diablo 3 will apologise for that one as im not happy with Blizzard at the mo who is ? and ESO
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Fallout 76?!?! You know Bill, you're a great guy and all but it's pathetic for us to accept such trash releases from triple A, or any developer... Fallout 4 was steps down from fallout 3 but Fallout 76 is on the same level as Atlas, if not worse. Early Access title sold as a full release. Each their own, I guess.
    I so love when the fresh aroma of hyperbole wafts gently through the MMORPG.com forums.

:D
    ConstantineMerusBillMurphy

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Kyleran said:
    Fallout 76?!?! You know Bill, you're a great guy and all but it's pathetic for us to accept such trash releases from triple A, or any developer... Fallout 4 was steps down from fallout 3 but Fallout 76 is on the same level as Atlas, if not worse. Early Access title sold as a full release. Each their own, I guess.
    I so love when the fresh aroma of hyperbole wafts gently through the MMORPG.com forums.

You're right. It was hyperbole. Atlas at least had the decency to advertise itself as Early Access.
    bwwianakievScotBillMurphy
  • Dick1232Dick1232 Member UncommonPosts: 54
    Shit list is a shit list.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Pyuk said:

I have to ask, Bill, why Fallout 76? I know, different strokes for different folks, but really, what is it about Fallout 76 makes you feel like it's one of the best games you've played this year, over games like RDR2, Warframe, PoE: Deadfire, etc? Being an old school Fallout fan (yeah, I know), my mind boggles.

It's "The Sandbox MMO we've all been waiting for"
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178
    Aeander said:
    Kyleran said:

You're right. It was hyperbole. Atlas at least had the decency to advertise itself as Early Access.
    It's also mostly and largely unplayable, despite the bugs, fallout was playable, and still is. "As bad if not worse" is simply wishful thinking.
    MadFrenchieKyleran

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Aeander said:
    Kyleran said:

It's also mostly and largely unplayable, despite the bugs, fallout was playable, and still is. "As bad if not worse" is simply wishful thinking.
    Tell that to the players that have to frequently relog because they have the infamous "guns deal no damage" glitch.
    MadFrenchie
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178
    Aeander said:
    Aeander said:
    Kyleran said:

Tell that to the players that have to frequently relog because they have the infamous "guns deal no damage" glitch.
    Well, as someone who plays the game, why would I tell myself something that is very rarely experienced?  Are you currently playing and experiencing this issue? 

• rertezrertez Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Spider-Man
    God of War
    Red Dead Redemption 2

Those are my current favorites and as a PC gamer I bought a PS4 just to play those titles. I have no regrets. It's been a great year with surprisingly good and FUN games. On consoles... Now I'm thinking about getting a Switch too.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Aeander said:
    Aeander said:
    Kyleran said:

Guns? Only pussies use guns in FO76.

Real vault dwellers hit things with a sledgehammer....or a fire axe, or ski sword, or spear even.

;)
    maskedweasel

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    edited January 2019
    Kyleran said:
    Aeander said:
    Guns? Only pussies use guns in FO76.

Real vault dwellers hit things with a sledgehammer....or a fire axe, or ski sword, or spear even.

;)
    Judging by your avatar you must be using guns in FO76 all the time then. I always pictured you as a real vault dweller, pity! :grimace:

Kyleran
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung