Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New World: Open, Full-Loot PvP?

2»

Comments

• dadowndadown Member UncommonPosts: 210
    I have my doubts about this game. I play ESO, Eve and Age of Conan. All of them have PvP, but you can avoid it if you want to. If this game forces you into PvP in most areas, I won't be buying it.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    DMKano said:
    dadown said:
    I have my doubts about this game. I play ESO, Eve and Age of Conan. All of them have PvP, but you can avoid it if you want to. If this game forces you into PvP in most areas, I won't be buying it.

The core concept of the game is - what will get the most views on twitch.

PvP gets the most views on twitch.

PvE - boring to watch.

If you are not into PvP - this game is not for you, good thing is - plenty of other games out there to pick from.
    I find both to be equally tedious.

But then again, I acknowledge that I don't get the younger generations of gamers, who veritably worship streamers as celebrities.
    craftseekerMrMelGibson

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    When it comes to New World as a whole... I'm likely to give it a complete pass. If I wanted that sort of gameplay, I'd boot up random survival title #68454774 and hit up a public server. The scale doesn't matter much to me.

If the thing about getting geared again quickly holds true then I might try it, but the interest is still low.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Quadro.TonyQuadro.Tony Member CommonPosts: 2
    guys i want to buy access to this game
    or trade it for example to TESO account
    i found this site - is this legit? https://www.mmoplaystore.com/new-world-alpha-beta-key
  • Quadro.TonyQuadro.Tony Member CommonPosts: 2
    okay now i have an account, is there a closed forum or discord of developers or how they read feedbacks?
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    Amazon is hoping for high twitch streaming of all their games.

That's why it's a PvP game because those are the most watched games by far on Twitch - just look at the top 5 streams every day.

The question remains if they succeed - but make no mistake the first people who have been playing this since Alpha are all twitch influencers as you have to get the popular streamers on board first.

Maybe I'm just totally out of touch with what MMO players want now.  I mean, I understand open PvP and full-loot in games that last 30 minutes.  There isn't much time or effort invested in what you lose.  But do people want that in a game that they would build their resources in for potentially months, or years?  Maybe they do.  They haven't historically, though, right?  Am I missing a major MMO that had these aspects for all players?

Don't think of this game as a MMO with longterm goals that can be easily lost forever, what many are missing is how easy is it to recover from a death and gear loss?

Again - The New Wold is a hybrid game that has MMO elements but also elements of short-session PvP survival games.

Imagine Ninja with 100k viewers dying in this game and then it takes him 2 weeks of PvE crafting and gathering to get back all his stuff - nobody would watch that.

Amazon has no interest in building a traditional MMORPG with super slow PvE only progression that is as fun watching other people play as  watching paint dry

Bottom line:

Amazon wants huge following on Twitch for all of their games
    PvP games have the biggest twitch followers
    This is why "watchable PvP" is a key feature of all Amazon titles
    Don't expect any of their games to be "traditional MMORPGs" with slow PvE progression and PvE focus
    Can I say I told you so on this one?
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    edited January 2019
    DMKano said:
    dadown said:

The core concept of the game is - what will get the most views on twitch.

PvP gets the most views on twitch.

PvE - boring to watch.

If you are not into PvP - this game is not for you, good thing is - plenty of other games out there to pick from.
    I find both to be equally tedious.

But then again, I acknowledge that I don't get the younger generations of gamers, who veritably worship streamers as celebrities.
    meh if not stramers is some idol or actor from tv, or radio, or toy or whatever celebrities are useless idiots who get a lot of money and power and most don't know what to do with it

for topic, wait for the game launch before that is useless to even care about it, you will just feed the hype and we are well aware on the damages it does.
    Gdemami
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • mcacklemcackle Member CommonPosts: 4
    edited January 2019
    It is not a full loot drop game. I won't discuss it other than that. The game is just starting to breathe, but server stability seems very good and thats what they are focusing on right now I believe...

Let's just say, I have no clue if this game will be good, great, bad, or not for me, but I do know that feeling when you first log into a game and just know something ain't right with the engine etc, or is so puzzling you don't know what to do... I don't get that feeling here, even though I had no clue what to do :dizzy:
    Blueliner
  • ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329
    New World is more of a survival game than an MMORPG. It's more like Rust than WoW.

It's not a Rust clone though. It a mix of genres. I think it's going to be a big success.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Wait, wait.  Is this another attempt at an involuntary, open-world PvP, full-loot MMO?  Is that possible?  If so, when are developers going to learn that 99% of those MMOs die a painful, early death because they appeal primarily to gankers?  Why do they always think their game is going to be the magical exception?  Do they think that they're going to be the ones to develop the ideal justice system that players can't exploit?

Please tell me that my impressions are wrong, and that PvP is going to be in contested areas only, or otherwise voluntary.
    "Another full loot mmo" Please name the others ....?
    DF, MO, LiF, Worlds Adrift, Albion Online to name a few.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    That seems like 'to name them all'.   But, it's not my genre, so maybe there's tons of little full -looters amongst the minor leagurers....

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    How hard is to to program games to have both FFA and PVE? On this server you can kill everything. On that server you can only kill mobs. I'm guessing it must be pretty hard.

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329
    Gutlard said:
    How hard is to to program games to have both FFA and PVE? On this server you can kill everything. On that server you can only kill mobs. I'm guessing it must be pretty hard.

Gut Out!

Amazon sees the trends in gaming. Most recent MMORPGs haven't been hugely successful. The most popular recent MMORPG is probably ESO, and survival games like Rust, DayZ, and Ark have all sold more copies than ESO.

Amazon also owns Twitch and wants to create games that attract viewers on Twitch. The most popular games on Twitch are usually PvP like League of Legends, Fortnite, PUBG, Dota 2, Hearthstone, CS:GO, and Overwatch.

There are plenty of MMORPGs that cater to people who prefer PvE content. New World is for players who like survival games, Twitch viewers, or people who are tired of typical MMORPGs.

I would give PvP games a chance. You might find a game with FFA PvP is what you've been looking for. Most people fall in love with the first MMORPG they play and then try to recapture that feeling. They never get that feeling again though because most MMORPGs are similar and MMORPG's aren't new to them anymore. To get that feeling, you need a new type of game.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    So I hear theres going to be a big announcement soon, a friend of mine plays it and really likes it.
    https://twitter.com/playnewworld/status/1204808468693172225

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    so it doesnt matter if the game is good or not, all that matters is a bunch of basement dwelling streamers getting paid to play this game so all their zombie followers will want to play it to?

thats what seems to be the theme of this thread.
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    DrunkWolf said:
    so it doesnt matter if the game is good or not, all that matters is a bunch of basement dwelling streamers getting paid to play this game so all their zombie followers will want to play it to?

Lol have people really devolved that far?
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    DrunkWolf said:

None of the streamers I watch live in a basement. Most of them have kids, wives etc. If a streamer gets payed to play a game they also have to disclose that in their title by law. I hope your life gets better though.
    [Deleted User]