Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Project BBQ is Nexon's Next Online ARPG Built by Neople

13»

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    The only Nexon published game that I've played recently was Hyper Universe, which was hardly pay to win.  You could buy extra hypers, or you could earn them just by playing the game.  You'd have to pay for some skins, but those were purely cosmetic.  And at $6 or $10 per skin, they weren't very tempting, either.  Between that and a small playerbase, I can't imagine that the game brought in much revenue--which is why it shut down.  But it was fun, and it wasn't pay to win.
  • berlightberlight Member UncommonPosts: 345
    Project barbecue is undoubtedly the best name ever

Beta tester maniac

• BloodDiimondBloodDiimond Member UncommonPosts: 26
    I would love so so so so so much if they made a Dragon Nest Open World MMO. The combat in that game is amazing and with so many bosses, I just think there could be some great times in an open setting. PVP in Dragon Nest was beyond the scope of any other ARPG, imho.
  • JakoonJakoon Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Neople did a decent job with bringing back DFO, and seeing this and some of the abilities shown. It's basically 3D DFO, sadly.. It's by Nexon. But I'll still end up trying it. :/
  • IshkalIshkal Member UncommonPosts: 304
    Look like a reskin of BnS to me
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Nexeon, the creators of "Face OF Mankind?"
  • RoxRocksRoxRocks Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Nexon does leave a bad taste in my mouth. I really liked Riders of Icarus, but they had a bad habit of offering mounts in the store and then later a mount like it would be released in an update. They would have the updates from Korea for weeks for translation, etc., so they knew what was coming in those updates. I suppose if I could read Korean, I might have been able to figure it out too but it's cheating in my book and I won't play their games again.
  • CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507
    Nexon and EA. I'm surprised people touch anything made by these two companies. It doesn't matter how good the game is, the company will ruin it.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    My first instinct over 20 years ago before i knew of all these spammy games was the devs were simply "cutting corners "on animations.
    Instead of acceptable 24 frames per second at 1 picture every 2 frames,KR games always look like a lot of corner cutting,like maybe only a frame every 3/4/5 seconds,so it looks like flickering lights.
    So i have always felt their animations were low quality animation work and now to this day i still feel that way.
    That is why i always laugh when i see people arguing or ASSUMING when we say low quality graphics they think "oh why because it's not high definition,umm no there is a quality level that goes into graphics no matter what reference we are talking about.
    They are either good high quality or poor looking animations,the quality of the textures/colors and STYLE is a whole different topic.

The topic of ANIME is huge,i feel even back during the first Anime stuff they were also then aiming for CHEAP low quality animations but so many people just take ANIME as acceptable if low quality,as if it is suppose to be or something.

Anime=Animation ..lol duh.The quality of such is often sub par and NOT to aim for a "stylistic look"either but to merely cut corners.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.