Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chinese players in Atlas making havoc.

Comments

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849

GET SOME!!!

me on my Raft

AsheramTsiya
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Rhoklaw said:
    I think it goes deeper than people claiming a server was taken over by non English speaking players. The same thing happened when Life is Feudal MMO launched. Huge numbers of Chinese players swarmed the servers, most of which were caught cheating and duping, much like what you are reading about in ATLAS.

Of course there is nothing anyone can do to stop it because well, VPN. The trend seems to revolve around PvP games though, so it has zero impact on me anymore.
    VPNs have really improved.  I've left my VPN on a few times and didn't realize it until I had shut the games down.  It ran pretty smooth. Just a matter of time until they become standard running on routers.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited December 2018
    Rhoklaw said:
    I think it goes deeper than people claiming a server was taken over by non English speaking players. The same thing happened when Life is Feudal MMO launched. Huge numbers of Chinese players swarmed the servers, most of which were caught cheating and duping, much like what you are reading about in ATLAS.

Of course there is nothing anyone can do to stop it because well, VPN. The trend seems to revolve around PvP games though, so it has zero impact on me anymore.
    VPNs have really improved.  I've left my VPN on a few times and didn't realize it until I had shut the games down.  It ran pretty smooth. Just a matter of time until they become standard running on routers.
    Well one way to stop it would be to require a subscription payable with funds drawn from a western (or any legitimate) bank account.

KYC regulations would prevent most from getting around this restriction.
    [Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    This is basically the tactics of the goon squad. Lack skill so mass together and outnumber everyone to maybe win. Usually works in the beginning but as time goes on tables usually turn.
    KyleranHatefull
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited December 2018
    I heard they have tails too. How true are the claims?

A sh!# PC game, has shit people coming from every walk of life and culture to be their "best" selves. SURPRIIIIIIIISE!

Newsflash, if you're apart of general loose stools chat in the first place you don't get to play Sir Old English Properington. It's going on 2019, if you're not going to demand better from the people who construct the world and space, AT LEAST go form your own social circle and take them into Discord or some custom tab.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Kyleran said:
    Rhoklaw said:

Well one way to stop it would be to require a subscription payable with funds drawn from a western (or any legitimate) bank account.

KYC regulations would prevent most from getting around this restriction.
    Not very practical. There are some countries where the tech and population would be ready for that (at least Nordic countries and Estonia), but there are also a lot of countries where disallowing all credit cards and paypal would mean a lot of their potential players would be put off buy how hard it's to buy the game.

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    So like ARK then?  No surprise.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    lahnmir said:
    deniter said:
    What really bothers me is the 150 man server cap. One guild often has more than 150 people and if an entire server can hold only one guild who are there left to fight?
    Let me jump in here for a bit, the 150 cap causes a lot of confusion. One world of Atlas has 225 zones, each of these zones is a server which can have up to a 150 people. You can travel through these zones seamlessly, not all zones are a starting point though.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    There's a lot about the game people don't understand.  If they tried it, it might help them appreciate it more.
    lahnmir[Deleted User]Tsiya

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I pop in from game to game on Twitch to see if something interesting is happening.

Well within this game "Atlas" i saw something interesting.
    A small group of Asians built a huge tower,upwards into the sky,was quite interesting to see the reason behind the location and build.

They also had wings,something i had yet seen in this game.So their tower fortress was so well designed,it would be tough for a GROUP of people to attack it,was high on the rocks and to the entrance and stairs could only navigate one person at a time.Even if a band of thugs tried to infiltrate,the Asians could simply climb to the top and fire down at them as well fly across to their other tower and fortress.

I would say nearly impossible to kill any of the Asians in that tower,they would escape and fly away before anyone could navigate to the top.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    @ OP find another 150 server to play noobie

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    kitarad said:
    mgilbrtsn said:
    I personally don't consider a bunch of non english speakers a kind of 'attack.  If anything, it's those people who demand others speak english that annoys me.  Having said that, it can be a pain when it appears obvious that one group or another is trying to force their group, whatever it might be on others.l
    I am having difficulty with your 'demand that others speak English' bit. If a server is English speaking asking people to respect that in public channels is not wrong. What you do in private chat is not important. However flooding public channels on an English speaking server with messages in another language is generally frowned upon. 

If I meet someone not fluent I can make allowances and I do not demand they speak English but if most of the group cannot understand what you're saying  it becomes a problem and defeats the purpose of grouping to achieve an objective. It would be better if they played on the server where their language can used for their own convenience. However these days the way groups work with no one uttering a  single word this might be moot.

I would not go to a Russian server and start typing in English on their public channels as I consider that rude to the people who are on that server and if I want to play there I should be able to communicate with them, otherwise it seems pointless for me to have started a character there.
    exactly the problem dude, often it simply is NOT a designated english server, but a "european" server (for example). 
    and quite frankly, if those people refuse to speak your language, i bet they simply don't wanna play with you.

was quite common in conan, those server stated NO WHERE that they are english. people just claimed they are bc no language was "defined", and therefor, it obviously was english.

i speak english, pretty well actually i think, but i loved trolling those "english only!" morons, usually as soon they went "english only" i started talking german :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    deniter said:
    lahnmir said:
    deniter said:
    What really bothers me is the 150 man server cap. One guild often has more than 150 people and if an entire server can hold only one guild who are there left to fight?
    Let me jump in here for a bit, the 150 cap causes a lot of confusion. One world of Atlas has 225 zones, each of these zones is a server which can have up to a 150 people. You can travel through these zones seamlessly, not all zones are a starting point though.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Thanks for the clarification. Makes much more sense now. :)
    Basically you can enter the server even though its at cap, what happens is the excess are randomly booted to another server.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Is it me...or is there a rise in right wing racist attacks against chinese. Why isn't this post about "americans" killing each other in a game? Or europeans? or anyone else? Why the right wing extremists targeting chinese? is it just a new group for them to pick on?

Over on the official WoW forums, people were saying racist remarks against chinese as well. When they are no different than anyone else...good/bad/neutral and all in-between.

And there are people complaining about playing with chinese players...which used to be a thing (and still is) toward brazilians, but now its chinese instead.

I'll be reporting this thread creator for racism, hope it gets locked.

KyleranGinazmmolou

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    edited December 2018
    Rennd said:
    The Chinese (Asian at least) trying to dominate is true. Dynasty (or was it Destiny?) is one of the guilds if I recall correctly, they have a streamer (sitting around ~9k viewers named stylishnoob4) if you want to check it out.

It's not a conspiracy, they don't try to take everyone from NA out of the servers, they are just having fun. It's a pvp server...

If it wasn't for Dynasty, dasmehdi (lirik brother) alliance or the Night Shift (BikeMan, Cream, Timmac etc) would take over the server. Maybe the night shift won't but dasmehdi will not hesitate. He is a rust player...

Currently, the alliance between the Night Shift and Dasmehdi crew (both made out of streamers and viewers/subs) plus some other NA guilds are trying to take out the Chinese (supposedly they have an EU alliance supporting them)

All my info are from the NA server. Don't know anything about EU servers

This is why I enjoy Atlas. Not because of the gameplay, it's because of the content streamers now have.
    LMAO the nightshift theyre as useless as tits on a bull. Burke Black is the biggest scam there is. Dressing like a pirate 365 days a year gets the dream game and hasnt killed a single person yet (other than his own crew). These guys all scammed their viewers into subbing (so they could join their crew) then when a couple of the diva princess streamers that they run with had break downs they changed it to 3 month or more subscribers. SO they probably had over a thousand subs between all of them JUST to get a chance to join the crew, and the next day (last night) everyone who got kicked were flooding their chats asking why. And the excuse was that because the company hierarchy system isnt working they had to limit it to 3 month only subs. Which was the big topic the night before because people thought it was supposed to be 3 months in the first place but they (Burke, Timmac, gassy mexican, cream and bikeman) made sure to take advantage of these fools who think these streamers are some sorts of celebrities and got a bunch of suckers to sign up for a(at least) a month.

Then one of them (you can watch the vods) has a mental fit with one of Burkes long time subscribers (like 6 years) and they booted all the subs off the boat and they literally had every streamer on the same boat...yeah great content. Then when they got attacked (stream snipers probably) no one was there to stream it. Granted it didnt amount to much but its ridiculous how these guys have people watching them. And before you say 'you were watching it'. No not really I just like a nice train wreck and I heard about the fiasco with them kicking half their subs out of their group and wanted to hear the bullshit excuse they gave. I had it sitting on moonmoon for most of it before people said there was drama with the nightshift in his chat. And since the game is boring AF chat drama is more entertaining anyway.

As far as das he is clueless too. His is on right now in the back ground and he freaks out anytime they see a NPC ship come in view. Stream started (and is titled 'looking for the chinese pt2) but that quickly turned into ANOTHER metal gathering trip.

Trust me if anyone is standing up to the big bad (pick a nationality) theyre more than likely not streamers. At best streamers have a bunch of mindless drone who will gather resources (the powers that be dont even know how to use properly) at worst theyre exploiting their communities for monetary gains. 
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Gruug said:
    Sounds like great opportunities to practice a foreign language and learn about a culture.
    The language part is fine but I doubt that you are learning anything positive about that culture.
    If you are talking about the culture of toxic gamers then i agree. If you are talking about Chinese culture, there are many good things in Chinese culture. Nothing to do with piracy practices or government.
    AlmostLancelotAsheram

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited December 2018
    lahnmir said:
    deniter said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Now what percentage of that 150 can actually be within view of one another before the performance goes to shit?  ;)  My money is on less than a third!

That aside, the issue here isn't really an issue at all (aside from the possibility of cheating); PvP servers are made for such.  I don't remember the devs ever trying to act as if they had created some kind of morality or crime system to attempt to even discourage aggressive behavior between players.  I could be wrong, but if they accurately described things as open, free-for-all PvP, that system inherently lends itself to griefing, zerging, and other PvP-related shenanigans.
    Kyleran

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Thane said:
    kitarad said:
    mgilbrtsn said:
    I personally don't consider a bunch of non english speakers a kind of 'attack.  If anything, it's those people who demand others speak english that annoys me.  Having said that, it can be a pain when it appears obvious that one group or another is trying to force their group, whatever it might be on others.l
    I am having difficulty with your 'demand that others speak English' bit. If a server is English speaking asking people to respect that in public channels is not wrong. What you do in private chat is not important. However flooding public channels on an English speaking server with messages in another language is generally frowned upon. 

If I meet someone not fluent I can make allowances and I do not demand they speak English but if most of the group cannot understand what you're saying  it becomes a problem and defeats the purpose of grouping to achieve an objective. It would be better if they played on the server where their language can used for their own convenience. However these days the way groups work with no one uttering a  single word this might be moot.

I would not go to a Russian server and start typing in English on their public channels as I consider that rude to the people who are on that server and if I want to play there I should be able to communicate with them, otherwise it seems pointless for me to have started a character there.
    exactly the problem dude, often it simply is NOT a designated english server, but a "european" server (for example). 
    and quite frankly, if those people refuse to speak your language, i bet they simply don't wanna play with you.

was quite common in conan, those server stated NO WHERE that they are english. people just claimed they are bc no language was "defined", and therefor, it obviously was english.

i speak english, pretty well actually i think, but i loved trolling those "english only!" morons, usually as soon they went "english only" i started talking german :)
    If a server states "North American" or "NA" , it is assumed English speaking.
    i only talk about european servers..
    hence the "but a "european" server (for example).", ya know? :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• RenndRennd Member UncommonPosts: 37
    edited December 2018
    rodarin said:
    Rennd said:
    The Chinese [...]
    LMAO the nightshift [...]
    I get your frustration with this streamers. I always disliked Burke and Timmac for the exact same reason you mentioned. Burke is screaming and putting a show for every new sub, not even sure if i'm suppose to watch a game or him dancing every sub.
    Timmac, not sure why he is using normal chat and not sub only chat. He doesn't read anything you got to say unless he needs something or you got the sub badge.
    So yes, I won't be saying "What are you doing watching them"

All they care is the money. Not my business tho, I'd probably do the same thing.

On the other hand, I do enjoy Bikeman streams and this is how I know about it. Bikeman even stopped for a long time mentioning subs because, his words "I don't want my stream to turn in to a teletubbies, you are appreciated but I won't be calling your name".
    Now he only mentiones them when he takes a "break" because not mentioning them didn't work as intendet . It turned in to him screaming at everyone why he isn't mentioning them, i guess.

Are they bad at the game? Yes, maybe true but the way Atlas works, you cant lose if you have more in numbers. Nighshift has a shit ton of pawns and more to chose from.
    (Not mentioning the other streamers because I didn't spend time watching them)

dasmehdi, he mentioned a few times already, he is bad at the game. What he got is numbers and old time ARK players with him.

tl;dr Numbers > Skills in this game. Streamers will have the easiest time finding numbers.

We are getting out of topic and we are calling names, if you want to go on with this, better PM me. I won't answer to a replay in here. ^^

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited December 2018
    I have only been ganked by 1 player in the game so far and it wasn't a chinese player.
    And have only ran into a group of them once and they didnt jump me, they didnt bother me and I didnt bother them.
    I have no idea about what happens with a base as I have been on a raft and have not been able to find land to claim.
    I had a box full of higher tier blueprints and 56 gold I collected from the glowing floating crates you can pick up but I think my bed was broke as it was no longer a respawn option now I have to make another raft to sail to it and see if its still there which kind of sucks. 
    [Deleted User]
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Towards the end of Shadowbane's life servers were dominated by huge chinese populations. They would band together at first but over time they split and recruited western players. My guild was 90% chinese but they tought me a little chinese to communicate over vent and through Pinyin. After a few weeks I was reliably able to communicate basics for an MMO such as the different buffs, classes, typical LFG lingo and greetings. 

Contrary to popular belief on this forum, folks that don't speak english are actually humans too!
    [Deleted User]Scot
  • AlmostLancelotAlmostLancelot Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Utinni said:
    Towards the end of Shadowbane's life servers were dominated by huge chinese populations. They would band together at first but over time they split and recruited western players. My guild was 90% chinese but they tought me a little chinese to communicate over vent and through Pinyin. After a few weeks I was reliably able to communicate basics for an MMO such as the different buffs, classes, typical LFG lingo and greetings. 

Contrary to popular belief on this forum, folks that don't speak english are actually humans too!
    So, what you're saying is that in order to better communicate with people who speak a language other than your own, you chose to learn bits of their native language?

See where I'm going with this?
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Rennd said:
    rodarin said:
    Rennd said:
    The Chinese [...]
    LMAO the nightshift [...]
    I get your frustration with this streamers. I always disliked Burke and Timmac for the exact same reason you mentioned. Burke is screaming and putting a show for every new sub, not even sure if i'm suppose to watch a game or him dancing every sub.
    Timmac, not sure why he is using normal chat and not sub only chat. He doesn't read anything you got to say unless he needs something or you got the sub badge.
    So yes, I won't be saying "What are you doing watching them"

All they care is the money. Not my business tho, I'd probably do the same thing.

On the other hand, I do enjoy Bikeman streams and this is how I know about it. Bikeman even stopped for a long time mentioning subs because, his words "I don't want my stream to turn in to a teletubbies, you are appreciated but I won't be calling your name".
    Now he only mentiones them when he takes a "break" because not mentioning them didn't work as intendet . It turned in to him screaming at everyone why he isn't mentioning them, i guess.

Are they bad at the game? Yes, maybe true but the way Atlas works, you cant lose if you have more in numbers. Nighshift has a shit ton of pawns and more to chose from.
    (Not mentioning the other streamers because I didn't spend time watching them)

dasmehdi, he mentioned a few times already, he is bad at the game. What he got is numbers and old time ARK players with him.

tl;dr Numbers > Skills in this game. Streamers will have the easiest time finding numbers.

We are getting out of topic and we are calling names, if you want to go on with this, better PM me. I won't answer to a replay in here. ^^

nah, theyre RP players theyre never really good at any of the games they play. Thats why they play RP games. Timmac for sure will be on an RP server if he keeps playing but he has been bumping around since he basically quit GTAV. I am surprised he didnt go to Darkside but I guess he figured running with those guys he might get some cross subs (like he got from mrmoon)

but yeah IF (big if) this game does becomes something then it will be a skilled game at least in ship on ocean fights. which like I said dont look to be probable right now.

The thing about the 'Chinese' was the group named Dynasty and since Dynasty is the name of the Asian group that runs TFRP GTAV server everyone just jumped to that conclusion. But Dynasty claims to be American. They spoke English anyway. But to think every Chinese group is solely looking to fight Euro or Americans or Aussies or whatever is pretty simple mined. I suspect they have their own private rivalries like we used to before everyone became buddies on Twitch.

But you can never really tell and it really shouldnt matter. Back when WOW first came out no one gave a shit where anyone was from, and for the most part WoW wasnt dissimilar to this game, but then again that was 15 years ago. So expectation were different.
    Rennd
  • InteritusInteritus Member UncommonPosts: 236
    Is it me...or is there a rise in right wing racist attacks against chinese. Why isn't this post about "americans" killing each other in a game? Or europeans? or anyone else? Why the right wing extremists targeting chinese? is it just a new group for them to pick on?

Over on the official WoW forums, people were saying racist remarks against chinese as well. When they are no different than anyone else...good/bad/neutral and all in-between.

And there are people complaining about playing with chinese players...which used to be a thing (and still is) toward brazilians, but now its chinese instead.

I'll be reporting this thread creator for racism, hope it gets locked.

I don't think it's the rise of a racist attack. It's simply Atlas is the newest kid on the block. It's currently getting all the attention. Positive and Negative.

As you and others pointed out. People have had similar issue with Brazilians and Koreans. Or well any large mass of people who either identify themselves or are easily identifiable.

Also the original post isn't about pvp. It was about one group (or perceived group) that was targeting everyone else. The reason it doesn't work because Speaking English means nothing. You can be From the UK, USA, Australia, Canada, New Zealand or even anyone who simply learned the language.  That's why you don't hear about "Americans" killing each other. How do you identify an "American"?   And again, killing other players wasn't the point. It was killing other players who apparently couldn't speak a certain language. Or at least reportedly.

And people can complain if they find certain groups to be frustrating to play with. I'd suggest making sure you're complaining about the right people in case you put your foot in your mouth. But I have seen people complain about other countries.  Again, if you go play other games you may see people complaining about <insert group of choice>.
    edited December 2018
    You can't stereotype a nation of people lol.
    There are notable trends we see a lot but i have known some Chinese and Asian people over the course of my life and have mostly nice things to say.
    Matter of fact,i began playing FFXI on PC and had to wait a few months for friends to arrive on the Playstation.What i did was game mostly with Asian players through the language translator.

Again in the game  of FFXI i have nothing but nice things to say.I understood what they wanted me to do at times but i was a noob and was not a very good player.However they never once got mad,never booted me from their groups,they only very helpful.I got my first Ninja class just by standing around near the quest location,they asked me to join obviously figuring i was there for the Ninja class quest and helped me get it.

I befriended an Asian fisherman/cook,he could barely speak English but was super friendly and nice.

There is simply good and bad and different people all over the world,no country is immune to any type of person.
    kitarad

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

The problems if we agree there are any at all,has only to do with the developer/publisher,MOSTLY the owner/publisher because the developer is just a team for hire that were told what to do.