Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chinese players in Atlas making havoc.

MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
I read here and there how Chinese players try to dominate Atlas by killing all none Chinese players and try to flood up those 150 man server with as much Chinese players as possible, also they have been duping and hacking, all this I've read but my question is how much truth is it to these claims anyone know?

Comments

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    I have no idea but the scenario you described sounds very plausible to me. Back in 2005 a WoW server was hijacked by Italians. They refused to use english in general chat and since very few of them actually even spoke english it was very hard to group with them. Needless to say, playing there was impossible.
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    edited December 2018
    deniter said:
    I have no idea but the scenario you described sounds very plausible to me. Back in 2005 a WoW server was hijacked by Italians. They refused to use english in general chat and since very few of them actually even spoke english it was very hard to group with them. Needless to say, playing there was impossible.
    Had the same experience in Age of Conan back at launch time, one EN-EU server were flooded by Russians claiming it was a Russian server.
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    Sounds like great opportunities to practice a foreign language and learn about a culture.
    JeffSpicoliScot[Deleted User]SBFordMensurmgilbrtsnKyleranTokkenwingoodHatefulland 1 other.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Is there a way to make them play on their own server? I think this trend of taking over a server is very parochial.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    There are only eu and na servers not sure if its due to a china banned game or not but i really enjoy my personal raft

SBFordTokken[Deleted User]
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    People so quick. Half the 'Chinese' were either Japanese or Taiwanese (technically Chinese I suppose). People always quick to say its Chinese. But there are so many different countries playing on the NA server no one even knows. Guys have literally been playing this game 20 hours a day since it launched and they still dont have a clue.

But Moonmoon sank a couple actual Chinese galleons not sure if they were offline or not but there is a VOD I am sure.
    SBFordPhry
    What really bothers me is the 150 man server cap. One guild often has more than 150 people and if an entire server can hold only one guild who are there left to fight?
  • cochscochs Member UncommonPosts: 92
    You always have people in games like this that jump to blaming the easiest target for why they keep losing or why they can't play the game the way they want to.  And a group of Chinese players is a really easy target regardless of the truth.  Because the reputation is not entirely undeserved.  So you have a group of players with a few Chinese, a few of them don't use english.  All the sudden it get twisted into oh they are all Chinese.  And then it's hey I saw them hacking/cheating.  

Most likely the person calling foul is just an idiot.  There are far more idiots then hackers.
    SBFordElendengel[Deleted User]rojoArcueidHatefull
    [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    mrputtsbarasawaTsiyaAsmodeuX
    I am Asian myself and I know the difference between Korean, Japanese and Chinese and I do not lump them all together.
    MensurTokkenrojoArcueid

I think they should treat this game like those korean gamesw that try to lock out the world with phone numbers attached to the region
  • GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791
    Sounds like great opportunities to practice a foreign language and learn about a culture.
    The language part is fine but I doubt that you are learning anything positive about that culture.
    RexKushmanPhry

Let's party like it is 1863!

I do not think that behaving like pricks is the monopoly of one country. It does however seem to be a problem in games like this where people behave like dicks without any hesitation or qualms. This is not an educational experience in any way except may be to increase your vocabulary of curse words.

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    deniter said:
    What really bothers me is the 150 man server cap. One guild often has more than 150 people and if an entire server can hold only one guild who are there left to fight?
    Let me jump in here for a bit, the 150 cap causes a lot of confusion. One world of Atlas has 225 zones, each of these zones is a server which can have up to a 150 people. You can travel through these zones seamlessly, not all zones are a starting point though.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    kitaradAsheramLokeroKyleranTokkenPhry[Deleted User]Hatefull
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited December 2018
    Players do declare servers for their own needs, for example a roleplaying server if there is not one. I can see why those who don't speak English might have wanted a server of their own and decided to do so unofficially.

If they are all Chinese what will they do once they have all non-Chinese bases, cannibalise each other? :)
    lahnmir said:
    deniter said:
    Let me jump in here for a bit, the 150 cap causes a lot of confusion. One world of Atlas has 225 zones, each of these zones is a server which can have up to a 150 people. You can travel through these zones seamlessly, not all zones are a starting point though.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Thanks for the clarification. Makes much more sense now. :)
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited December 2018
    A bunch of them attacked DEl from Angry Joe show and he holed up in his shack.They began whacking at his door for geesh maybe was 30+ minutes before i left.
    They aren't too bright though because they were damaging faster than he could fix the door so if they kept at it they would have broken in.
    WHY they would put that much time into one small shack that obviously had nothing of worth,they could have easily foraged themselves with that large group and achieved more.

So the mentality seem to be achieve less and achieve nothing ,,lmao.Even if they broke in and killed Del,so what he just respawns ,so a complete WASTE of time.

I find it really sad how they were literally bragging about the huge world and it became nothing more than a overcrowded boss zone you would see in any game.
    The claim system is either bugged or as designed assuming they must be allowing for some problematic results if claims are too close to each other.I am talking about not being able to make a claim even if not touching another claim but simply too close.
    You can contest a zone but that system seems like a total mess because it is just one person puts a flag down and watch a timer,then another person puts a flag down to challenge that claim and it goes on and on.

Bottom line is that PVP is ALWAYS a mess devs do not put enough thought and time into their design systems,everything just seems rushed out the door to make money.NORMALLY in life when something is half assed we would never pay money,imagine you bu ya car and it's paint job is missing or you buy a boat and the motor is missing,you wouldn't make ANY excuses,you would be pissed.
    kitaradMaurgrim

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited December 2018
    You read here and there where?

• RenndRennd Member UncommonPosts: 37
    edited December 2018
    The Chinese (Asian at least) trying to dominate is true. Dynasty (or was it Destiny?) is one of the guilds if I recall correctly, they have a streamer (sitting around ~9k viewers named stylishnoob4) if you want to check it out.

It's not a conspiracy, they don't try to take everyone from NA out of the servers, they are just having fun. It's a pvp server...

If it wasn't for Dynasty, dasmehdi (lirik brother) alliance or the Night Shift (BikeMan, Cream, Timmac etc) would take over the server. Maybe the night shift won't but dasmehdi will not hesitate. He is a rust player...

Currently, the alliance between the Night Shift and Dasmehdi crew (both made out of streamers and viewers/subs) plus some other NA guilds are trying to take out the Chinese (supposedly they have an EU alliance supporting them)

All my info are from the NA server. Don't know anything about EU servers

This is why I enjoy Atlas. Not because of the gameplay, it's because of the content streamers now have.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Been that way in ARK and Dark and light

edited December 2018
    The best thing about this game is you can run around on a raft and not be involved in all that drama and find new stuff.
  • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    If anything they're just gimping themselves and making enemies. just means people will patrol their grid and wreck them soon as they leave, well that's what I would do anyway :P
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    I personally don't consider a bunch of non english speakers a kind of 'attack.  If anything, it's those people who demand others speak english that annoys me.  Having said that, it can be a pain when it appears obvious that one group or another is trying to force their group, whatever it might be on others.l
    AlmostLancelot[Deleted User]

I self identify as a monkey.

edited December 2018
    mgilbrtsn said:
    I personally don't consider a bunch of non english speakers a kind of 'attack.  If anything, it's those people who demand others speak english that annoys me.  Having said that, it can be a pain when it appears obvious that one group or another is trying to force their group, whatever it might be on others.l
    I am having difficulty with your 'demand that others speak English' bit. If a server is English speaking asking people to respect that in public channels is not wrong. What you do in private chat is not important. However flooding public channels on an English speaking server with messages in another language is generally frowned upon. 

If I meet someone not fluent I can make allowances and I do not demand they speak English but if most of the group cannot understand what you're saying  it becomes a problem and defeats the purpose of grouping to achieve an objective. It would be better if they played on the server where their language can used for their own convenience. However these days the way groups work with no one uttering a  single word this might be moot.

I would not go to a Russian server and start typing in English on their public channels as I consider that rude to the people who are on that server and if I want to play there I should be able to communicate with them, otherwise it seems pointless for me to have started a character there.
    deniterMaurgrimPhryMadFrenchieAsheramHatefull