Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What you guys gonna pick up in the steam Winter Sale?

Comments

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    edited December 2018
    H0urg1ass said:
    I really want to play Warhammer Vermintide II, but I'm on the fence about it since it's pretty much co-op only, and honestly, I'm getting sick and fookin tired of dealing with elitist little turd kids who whine about you not doing everything exactly perfect.

Anyone have any experience with the community?  Is it pretty chill to join a PUG and have some fun without having to be a grand master, millisecond perfect expert in all parts of the game?
    Damn okay that means I cannot play. I am a sucky player and people breathing down my neck and scolding me will only make me make more mistakes and foul up even more. I was think of using the AI as team mates.

Gorwe said:
    H0urg1ass said:
    I really want to play Warhammer Vermintide II, but I'm on the fence about it since it's pretty much co-op only, and honestly, I'm getting sick and fookin tired of dealing with elitist little turd kids who whine about you not doing everything exactly perfect.

Anyone have any experience with the community?  Is it pretty chill to join a PUG and have some fun without having to be a grand master, millisecond perfect expert in all parts of the game?
    Who said it was coop only? I have like 1500 hours in these two combined and I played with other people for like 50 hours(mostly to help people with contracts in VT 1 or out of necessity - you try to solo Cata Peak). I'm just beyond frustrated at how they handled acquiring gear in VT 2(should've stuck with Quests imo).
    How did they handle the gear is it through grouping?

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Nothing as usual.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    I got Atlas and Divinity Original Sin.
    JeffSpicoli

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited December 2018
    H0urg1ass said:

I haven't played it recently but played a ton for the first few months following launch and had no issues with toxic or elitist types. The action is too frantic for anyone to stop and be a dick or give you a lecture lol.

Im my experience there is usually one or two amazing players in each pug that end up carrying the run, Get the game its awesome.
    [Deleted User]
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    I picked up the full version of Alien: Isolation.
    Older game, but they really nailed the ambience of the first Alien movie, loving it!
    This game scared the bejeesus out of me.

My asshole puckered so hard, I didn't shit straight for a week.  The alternative title for this game should be "Extreme Kegel Blast Workout!"

By the time I finished this game I could crack walnuts with my ass cheeks and my local choir tried to hire me on as a full time soprano.

Sometimes, when I'm all alone and it's too quiet, I can still hear the alien walking around in the air vents.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]Caffynated
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    I picked up subnautica for free, played it for a couple of hours after my lvl 89 in PoE died . . .then back to making my another char in PoE the next day. I just love making new builds in the game.

It is tough for me to play other games. Im still debating on whether to buy ark, civ 6 or project gorgon. 

Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    I picked up subnautica for free, played it for a couple of hours after my lvl 89 in PoE died . . .then back to making my another char in PoE the next day. I just love making new builds in the game.

It is tough for me to play other games. Im still debating on whether to buy ark, civ 6 or project gorgon. 

PoE 1 or 2?

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited January 2019
    Torval said:
    Has anyone played Vikings - Wolves of Midgard recently? @Scorchien @blueturtle13 I know you both play ARPG. Have you played it?

It was in the news a couple of years ago, but I haven't heard much since. I've checked the Steam page and it has mixed reviews with comments all over the place. The inconsistency in the comments makes it harder for me to interpret where it misses. I reread Catherine Daro's review here, but would like more input.

Important features to me: smooth engine/UI, engaging combat, loot that matters, and interesting progression. Other action RPG I think do this really well: Diablo 3, Victor Vran, and Dragon's Dogma:DA.
    I’ve played it a fair bit and its very standard. Especially the level design is uninspired and the combat misses that essential oomph. It ain’t bad but it isn’t great either.

Edit. It also really isn’t at the same level as the other games you mention.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir 
    [Deleted User]YashaX
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• asdfsdf34534asdfsdf34534 Member UncommonPosts: 52
    mmorpg a place for middle aged people to feel relevant. 
  • seshsesseshses Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Aethaeryn said:

PoE 1 or 2?
    Path of exile or Pillars of eternity ?

• seshsesseshses Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Only game i bought was Pathfinder: Kingmaker , i mostly play thematique board games now 
  • vtravivtravi Member UncommonPosts: 398
    I bought Assasins Creed Odyssey, and Slay the Spire. My Pc can't play AC but have a new PC coming on Monday and should have no problem with it. 
    [Deleted User]

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• MachkeznhoMachkeznho Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Insurgency Sandstorm was by far the best thing I got this xmas on steam
    [Deleted User]
  • Cyber_wastelandCyber_wasteland Member UncommonPosts: 192
    edited January 2019
    Picked up no mans sky while it was half off. They made it a lot better then the trash fire it was at launch, but hopefully the updates keep coming because it's still slightly dull. 

Also grabbed AC Origins since it was MEGA cheap. Normally 60 bucks but its 19 and some change right now so figured why not. Never got to finish it before getting rid of my xbone. 

There was a few other games that I wanted to pick up but you gotta be careful and limit your self on the steam sales people, It's like gambling once you start it's really hard to stop. LOL

EDIT: Opps forgot about just cause 3, I picked that up as well. Going for 4.99 figured why not it wasn't that bad of a game. 
    [Deleted User]

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    TL:DR - Don't play Vermintide II without friends.

25 hours into Vermintide II, and I'm not having as much fun as I thought I would be at this point.

I feel like it's a first person ARPG without even a tenth of the depth of gearing, equipment, and character customization that you get in a decent isometric ARPG like Grim Dawn.

Not only that, but matchmaking has taken a huge nosedive since this game came out.  There's almost no one queing up for matches.  Not only that, but matches aren't short.  Especially at Veteran and above ranking. 

So you queue up for a match in Veteran, you finally find three other people to play with, it takes 20 minutes to get to the end of the map, you're almost there... and your team gets wiped because someone does something stupid chasing big numbers on the end-of-match stat cards.

Therefore you get zero, zip, zilch, nada for your 20 minutes of gameplay.

At the end of every match, there's a leader board posted with everyone's stats for the round.  So people gravitate to the characters that can perform well on the stat cards, and they rush in to be the first to kill stuff and then you're reviving them half the match.

Those stupid ass stat cards make people want to play in a way that's detrimental to the whole team.

In order to finish first, you first have to finish.  A lot of players in Vermintide II don't get that concept.  They're just chasing big numbers on their stat cards.
    [Deleted User]kitarad
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    I also picked up Danganronpa v3. It's actually pretty good so far.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• bonzoso21bonzoso21 Member UncommonPosts: 380
    I bought a lot more on the Xbox sale, but I picked up the Civ 6 Rise and Fall expansion and dove back into that game pretty heavily on my vacation so far. On Xbox I bought No Man's Sky to play online with my nephew even though I had the PS4 version already, Overwatch to play online with my sister, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Deluxe, Battle Chasers: Nightwar, and Fe. 

I got a Steam and Xbox card at Christmas or I probably wouldn't have bought so many since I'm still only 65% through Red Dead 2 and I also picked up Spider-Man PS4 at the same time and haven't started it. 

Back to work on the 7th after two weeks of video games and tabletop games and Netflix binging and movie watching...definitely gonna take a few days to get back to the grind.
    [Deleted User]
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    seshses said:
    Only game i bought was Pathfinder: Kingmaker , i mostly play thematique board games now 
    Check out
    100 orange juice
    Armello

[Deleted User]
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    In the end I got:

Atlas
    Dragon Quest 11

And on Switch:

Starlink
    Iconoclasts
    Octopath Traveller

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

[Deleted User]
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Torval said:
    lahnmir said:
    Torval said:
    Has anyone played Vikings - Wolves of Midgard recently? @Scorchien @blueturtle13 I know you both play ARPG. Have you played it?

It was in the news a couple of years ago, but I haven't heard much since. I've checked the Steam page and it has mixed reviews with comments all over the place. The inconsistency in the comments makes it harder for me to interpret where it misses. I reread Catherine Daro's review here, but would like more input.

Important features to me: smooth engine/UI, engaging combat, loot that matters, and interesting progression. Other action RPG I think do this really well: Diablo 3, Victor Vran, and Dragon's Dogma:DA.
    I’ve played it a fair bit and its very standard. Especially the level design is uninspired and the combat misses that essential oomph. It ain’t bad but it isn’t great either.

Edit. It also really isn’t at the same level as the other games you mention.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir 
    Very standard indeed. It is a really uninspired game to be honest. The engine runs fine. The temperature mechanic is nice, having to go to a camp fire after a period of time or you freeze to death (which also double as save points) 

The level design is boring and the progression system is anemic. Overall a pass. There are much better options imho 
    Thanks for answering. I'll pass.
    I had also passed on Vikings - Wolves of Midguard in a previous sale.  It just didn't seems more than moderately interesting, and only because I was watching Vikings at the time.  Good show.  Mediocre game.  That's what I had gathered.

[Deleted User]

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Gorwe said:
    The only thing I picked up is the Divinity Anthology. Now I have almost entire Divinity series except D:OS 2. I'll pick that up eventually as well. A lot of Divinity to cover in meantime. All for under 10$!
    Yeah, Larien Studios games were heavily discounted, good sale. I got Divinity II (was about $4), Two Worlds II ($8), Elex, and Total War: Warhammer II. 
    [Deleted User]Gorwe
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    i picked up the civ 6 demo . . . played for 30 seconds and uninstalled lol. I'm resistant to graphical change. 
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations.