Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Current Best Released and Populated P2W MMORPG

NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
Thoughts?

Kinda in the mood to play a ridiculously overpowered cash shop character. 
To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/

Comments

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    DDO.. you can literally buy Ultimate Completionist in that game.. as well as a ton of stat boosts and other abilities.

Sure, other players might be able to grind for 40+ hours a week for a few years and get to where you will be after swiping your CC, but.. losers... right!
    MadFrenchieAlmostLancelotKyleran
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Doesn't BDO sell a way to bypass RNG completely and upgrade your gear to max directly?  Do that and purchase the upgrades to fly by everyone else.

Doesn't Eternal Crusade force you to play a weak Goblin unless you pay for more?  That's another option if it's still so.

Approximately 97.348% of all mobile games would be a perfect fit.

Doesn't Eternal Crusade force you to play a weak Goblin unless you pay for more?  That's another option if it's still so.
    Nope.

Eternal Crusade had planned to make F2P Ork Only (and anyone that played Ork knows they are right and bloody ass kickers) and call it Free to Waaaaagggghh

But they instead chose to make the game F2P, with no limitations on the race you can play.
    MadFrenchieKyleran
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

Ungood said:
    Nope.

Eternal Crusade had planned to make F2P Ork Only (and anyone that played Ork knows they are right and bloody ass kickers) and call it Free to Waaaaagggghh

But they instead chose to make the game F2P, with no limitations on the race you can play.
    Okay, I knew the game had planned to restrict folks at one point, but wasn't sure the specifics.  I do remember the reception from the industry being a pretty resounding "da fuq?"
    UngoodAriesTiger

Ungood said:
    Nope.

Okay, I knew the game had planned to restrict folks at one point, but wasn't sure the specifics.  I do remember the reception from the industry being a pretty resounding "da fuq?"
    To be honest.. I thought it was a great idea, as Ork in the Table Top game are a "disposable horde" like unit, where they swarm and overwhelm their opponents, so it made sense to allow players to play that kind of race for free... it aligned well with the more disposable player rotation of F2P trial players.

Instead.. we ended up with a bunch of newbie Space Marines that didn't know how to swing a chainsword, fighting against a bunch Orks that were veterans to the game because the newbs didn't want to play the "weak ass Orks" ... that ended poorly for the Marines.
    MadFrenchieKyleranPalebane

Ungood said:
    Ungood said:
    Nope.

To be honest.. I thought it was a great idea, as Ork in the Table Top game are a "disposable horde" like unit, where they swarm and overwhelm their opponents, so it made sense to allow players to play that kind of race for free... it aligned well with the more disposable player rotation of F2P trial players.

Instead.. we ended up with a bunch of newbie Space Marines that didn't know how to swing a chainsword, fighting against a bunch Orks that were veterans to the game because the newbs didn't want to play the "weak ass Orks" ... that ended poorly for the Marines.
    I think it would be a novel game mode, but the idea of monetizing based on which you were playing was off-putting.

I would try it if, say, Epic converted the Gears of War engine over to do a Warhammer TPS, and it was merely one of multiple game modes.  Maybe a asymmetrical "elite Space Marine unit of 4" against 12-16 Ork fodder player team with an overarching objective and such.

Dead Space tried something like this with its multiplayer; the Necromorph team was intended to be disposable (get in, do as much damage as you can through ambush or gang-banging, respawn and head back in).  The human team couldn't respawn and were charged with completing an objective while fighting off the Necromorph team and surviving.
    Palebane

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Kinda looking for a modern Rappelz. So BDO?
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • aummoidaummoid Member UncommonPosts: 82
    Come on now, there's far worse than BDO out there on the P2W scale. Try any of several F2P games run by Aeria or Nexon.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited December 2018
    all points bulletin works quite p2w too, if you want a shooterish setup :)

just buy some gold guns, and have your fun (hell you could even get the 30 bucks for artificial aiming and wouldn't have to aim yourself anymore)
    Palebane

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• RenndRennd Member UncommonPosts: 37
    Doesn't BDO sell a way to bypass RNG completely and upgrade your gear to max directly?  Do that and purchase the upgrades to fly by everyone else.
    Sadly, not even a CC can save you from the awful upgrade system in BDO.

You get some benefits from melting costumes. You get Cron Stones and Valks Cry:
    Cron Stones can be used to keep your gear from downgrading. Thing is, you can buy this from the blacksmith.
    Valks Cry can be used to add +10 on top of your failstack chance. No idea how much % can that add but going from 19-20 with max failstacks(124) is just 20% if they work anything like failstacks, I doubt is worth the 30$ costume melting.

Then there is the Artisan's Memory that gives 4x the durability increase for an item. That item is probably the only p2w thing I dislike about BDO.

(I don't add pets as p2w, I add that to the 5$ price tag the game has, making it around 65-105$)

MadFrenchie
  • AnnaTSAnnaTS Member UncommonPosts: 600
    I don't know how populated the game is but you could try Revelation Online, I haven't played it just hear it's supposed to be very P2W.
    NorseGod
  • AAAMEOWAAAMEOW Member RarePosts: 1,605
    aummoid said:
    Come on now, there's far worse than BDO out there on the P2W scale. Try any of several F2P games run by Aeria or Nexon.
    Yup but the discussion isn't about most p2w games.  It is about most popular p2w games.
  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    edited January 2019
    Thane said:
    all points bulletin works quite p2w too, if you want a shooterish setup :)

just buy some gold guns, and have your fun (hell you could even get the 30 bucks for artificial aiming and wouldn't have to aim yourself anymore)
    I played that game during beta. The personal customization was some of the best I’ve ever seen.  I wish GTA could do that.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• ayumarcanayumarcan Member CommonPosts: 10
    Any Lineage 2 Classic NA server, basically. Then you can go to Skelth to play the normal version.)))
    NorseGod