Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's all about the junk

KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
edited August 2018 in Fallout 76
Any player of Fallout 4, especially those who crafted defenses for their settlements will understand when I say.....argh, aluminium, where the heck can I find more.

Vital to repair power armor, build certain weapons both personal and turreted, no matter how much I have, I need to scavage more.

In FO4 theres about ten rarer materials which can be scavenged from junk which are vital to constructing useful gear and settlements

In addition to aluminum, oil comes second, followed in no particular order by circuitry, crystal, ballistic fiber, acid, screws, gears and copper.

At least these are the material I learned in my most recent playthrough of FO4 to purchase from any npc merchant I could find selling them on a daily (game time) basis.

My guess is FO76 won't offer a way to supplement materials by direct purchase, so scavaging and perhaps the perks which support it will ramp up in terms of value.

So hang on to your junk folks, it could be far more valuable than it seems.

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Post edited by Kyleran on

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Do they need to keep a spreadsheet for the junk? ;)
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited December 2018
    Scot said:
    Do they need to keep a spreadsheet for the junk? ;)
    Possibly, vendor bots purchase junk at different prices, and there are limits per region per day on how much a player can sell so a spreadsheet certainly could be useful. ;)

The stash cap along with the lack of vendors means I now leave most junk behind, only picking up key things like ballistic fiber and plastic, which seem to be in frustratingly short supply.

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Plastic is EASY!  I can't remember the name of the place but I am setup by a hospital (Its next to the Firehouse).  Every time I login I just do a quick sweep.  There are always TONS of trays in the cafeteria and rooms.  The trays are either Surgical (Aluminum), TV Dinner (Aluminum) or Cafeteria Tray (Plastic).

For Ballistic Fiber I port to the military base and look for.. I think it's an ammo bag or something.  Each gives multiple ballistic fibers.  Also, lots of adhesives to be found there!

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Plastic junk... Hmmm, now what does that remind me of?
    Kyleran
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    Plastic junk... Hmmm, now what does that remind me of?
    Their sense of irony is clearly well refined.

ConstantineMerus

Plastic is EASY!  I can't remember the name of the place but I am setup by a hospital (Its next to the Firehouse).  Every time I login I just do a quick sweep.  There are always TONS of trays in the cafeteria and rooms.  The trays are either Surgical (Aluminum), TV Dinner (Aluminum) or Cafeteria Tray (Plastic).

For Ballistic Fiber I port to the military base and look for.. I think it's an ammo bag or something.  Each gives multiple ballistic fibers.  Also, lots of adhesives to be found there!

Thanks for the tip, was thinking of moving my base so I'll consider the area you mentioned. 

I assume you mean the firehouse down in the ash heap yes?

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Kyleran said:

Thanks for the tip, was thinking of moving my base so I'll consider the area you mentioned. 

I assume you mean the firehouse down in the ash heap yes?
    Heres roughly where my base is.  You need to be careful because sometimes SuperMutants spawn to the south and attack.  In that area there are also robots which alternatively spawn.  In the building are more robots and down below you can find Molemen.   Just a few steps EAST is the Firehouse I mentioned with a nice vendor for easy selling.  To the North is the hospital (all low level mobs there) and west is a nice junkyard to take over.  Just a short FAST TRAVEL to Camp McClintock to look for the Ballistic Fiber
    It may not be the best spot in the game but I like it.  It also helps that my friends have bases spread around and if you group you can fast travel to them for free.  So we have one up north, another to the east... and another one or two spread around.

Kyleran

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited December 2018
    I thought these silo codes were supposed to be rare.  I've found 10 in the last four days.  7 Alpha, 2 Beta, and 1 Charlie.

Lots of plastic plates in Lewisville, the town with a gardening celebration.  Screws on the other hand...
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • RegnorRegnor Member UncommonPosts: 112

It's the Military Ammo Bag, and you can find them at Camp McClintock.

Men do not stop playing because they grow old. They grow old because they stop playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes