Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bill Murphy - My Wants for Fallout 76 - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• LadyAugustLadyAugust Member UncommonPosts: 12
    edited December 2018
    Things I really want to see in FO76:

1. PVP toggle needs to only be available only from your camp. You either commit to PVP or you don't.

2. A more strict death penalty. If someone cannot revive you, then you should be sent back to your camp. It's up to you to either head back or fast travel to your junk.

3. Players should have options to respec and tweak their character long term, but the card swapping mechanic needs to be removed from the game. It's my #1 most disliked thing about FO76. No one is special because everyone is special. Everyone eventually does everything. Everyone is eventually a master hacker, master lock picker, master crafter, master everything, just swap some cards out. Every time I think I've got some interesting idea for my "build" I realize, all anyone has to do is swap a few cards and they do the same thing. That is so incredibly moronic.

4. Structural integrity to camp buildings. No more people building a staircase that supports a mansion in the sky.

5. Pistol's shown some love. Every other weapon specialization in the game allows picking up all of the the cards that benefit that specialization in some way. Almost everything for pistols is crammed into Agility, meaning there is no possible way to get everything that benefits pistols. Pistols also have no armor penetration perk AND and miserably low 4% max chance to cripple a limb. Pistols are in a really bad place atm.

6. My first character was heavy weapons, then I found out armor penetration is tied to power armor only. Promptly quit playing the character. Armor pen shouldn't be tied to power armor.
    ApollosWillKyleran
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited December 2018
    FO76 is not even remotely close to a 7/10 lmao .

There are levels of game design that i use in determining a score.Those levels of design stem all the way from the character design to gear to combat to content to how mobs are designed to increments within each.
    Doing a system half assed is an auto 5/10 at BEST.Then omitting some ideas altogether is again a tick off the score.

MOST pople i see give scores just round it off as to how they feel the overall game is to THEM without looking at it from a technical perspective.Then some will simply say like in APRPG"s i like it like this so it is a 10/10 but to me fails at EVERYTHING a quality design should be about.

There are analogies to be used to determine why and the type of person that gives scores.

Example a chess player versus a type of person who would say it is fun as an adult to beat up on little kids in a  a sports game like Football or Baseball.The chess player likes to THINK,likes an opponent that likes to THINK and combat is very slow.The adult scenario is a person who although beating up on the little kids is VERY simple and easy still feels there is satisfaction in it but of course to others realize that person simply is not too bright so cannot figure it out.

The chess analogy is NOT to say or prove super slow combat is the best there are many factors that go into good game design.

w/o another 5 paragraphs,keeping it simple OW76 is a complete fail at everything ,every system so it falls in scoring somewhere between 1-4/10.I will let you decide on the 1-4 because to me it doesn't matter because the game is simply not worth buying or even playing if it were free to play.
    Kyleran

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited December 2018
    I feel the reason why so many of these games are coming out bad is because the top execs or investors have a price tag both on how much time and money will be spent.So what it comes down to is NOT passionate or quality design but more a case of "let's get it done".

So what happens along the timeline is some systems are scaled down"half assed" and some ideas cannot be finished.SO the unfinished ideas they simply say "let's just leave it out and we will sell it in a dlc or expansion.The expansion or DLC also has a timeline so the more ideas that get pushed from the original into the dlc means less NEW stuff for the dlc,well less new as from the original proposed design but would appear new since you never seen that content b4.

So bottom line is developers are attempting to pull the wool over gamer's eyes.The big difference is in gaming it is possible to dupe players unlike real life scenarios you cannot.Example if you bought a brand new car and it didn't have a wheel ,you would know it,there is no way to hide the fact.In game design there are lots of ways to hide the fact you made a simple,crappy lazy game.
    Kyleran

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    Just don't pre order a game.... Don't buy until game reviews on youtube,ones you can trust, review the game. Just have one month patience, is it that hard.
    ScotTacticalZombehAgent_JosephKyleran

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834
    Obviously I want issues with the game corrected. However, what I really want is a private server option to be available. This allows for me (and the group I play with) to solve some issues on our own.
    Kyleran
  • WilliamBrooksWilliamBrooks Member CommonPosts: 2
    edited December 2018
    Everyone knows that Fallout 76 doesn't worth its money. It does not worth a time even. The funny thing is tons of essays to Bethesda from players. Many of them were written by Edubirdie(browse this site). What's the point Bethesda has matched? Is it a showing activity or hypocritical care about fan? I don't see any sense in game defending.
    Agent_JosephKyleran
  • ZibooZiboo Member UncommonPosts: 158
    Personally having a blast and love all the nuance and detail in the game. Found a great community of like-minded people about FO76 thankfully.

Love the NPCs (muties, scorched, animals, etc.) and how they react, fight. They hide and hunt you, not mindlessly run at you like most MMO's.

Love the variety of weapons and play styles and customization with the PERK cards (even though I find them a PiA to switch out). Love all the apparel styles.

Honestly don't care about the NPC's yet - if people are actually listening to all the holotapes, talk to the robots and read the PCs/papers lying about you don't really miss them. It will be cool when they hopefully start trickling in, but for now there's so much to see and do.

As for more people on the map - it's suppose to be bleak and empty, isn't it? It's refreshing when you run into someone out in the wild now. Maybe if there is content for clans/guilds, but right now other than the Scorched Earth - there isn't much of a need yet. IDK, maybe there is content coming, but now?

Wish list for 2019.

1. ALL keys re-bindable for people Lefties play games. Forcing us to use ASWD, C, T, R z-c and tab with our right hand is a major pain. If all of those were bound to your number pad, I think people would squeal in rage.

2. A respec at 25 and at 50 of all cards/points. After that make it cost caps or something.

3. Bigger housing budget. (sell it for atoms, housing people will buy it!)

4. Bigger stash and a separate allocation for apparel as there are achievements that require specific clothing and for RPers that want to dress up in different items, well keeping 90+ articles of clothing even at their low weight adds up.

5. A way to tell which recipes you own/don't at vendors. I know I've bought plans for armor with the plethora of names more than once and immediately dropped it somewhere for someone else as I had it already.

6. if you d/c and come back you should be put back in the world you were in (if at all possible). Losing a workshop or quest progress is a PiA. Especially a built up productive workshop!

7. Better controls for housing, camera - those are wonderful things in game the z-c and sliders not so much!

Bethesda - love the screenies as loading screen touch! Love love love all the details in the game. Yes there is definite room for improvement in all areas, but having fun anyway!

ApollosWillKyleran

Proud member of Hammerfist Clan Gaming Community.

Currently playing: RIFT, EQ2, WoW, LoTRO
    Retired: Warhammer, AoC, EQ
    Waiting: SWToR & GW2

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Clan/guild system that includes a new building structure/type that is editable by everyone within the guild.

Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • KaliGoldKaliGold Member UncommonPosts: 130
    My "wants" for Fallout 76? I want Fallout 5 - A single player game with coop elements.
    Kyleran
  • ApollosWillApollosWill Member UncommonPosts: 82
    Adding NPC is going to be great, slowly letting the new world grow.

Also hope they are going to change PvP in to something much more interesting.

Last I wish they will let us combine Camps, making bigger settlements.

Looking forward to see where they are going to take this game
    Kyleran
  • syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404
    if they wont why whould we even bother?
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited December 2018
    rensta said:
    Just don't pre order a game.... Don't buy until game reviews on youtube,ones you can trust, review the game. Just have one month patience, is it that hard.
    Or, y'know, we could get a little more honest transparency from devs.

I know, I know: honesty?  The fuck is wrong with you Frenchie?  All us customers deserve is to have to second guess and pick apart every statement from devs because they, quite frankly, are given a fucking stupid low bar for being "truthful" about their products.
    AeanderNilden

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    rensta said:

I know, I know: honesty?  The fuck is wrong with you Frenchie?  All us customers deserve is to have to second guess and pick apart every statement from devs because they, quite frankly, are given a fucking stupid low bar for being "truthful" about their products.
    Aka why I would only consider pre-ordering from studios with a track record of polished products and honest marketing. (Which at this point, IMO, is basically just Nintendo, Atlus, Larian, and CDProjekt.)

This industry revolves around preorders, and most publishers/developers no longer have the credibility to sell these to the informed consumer.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Aeander said:
    rensta said:

Aka why I would only consider pre-ordering from studios with a track record of polished products and honest marketing. (Which at this point, IMO, is basically just Nintendo, Atlus, Larian, and CDProjekt.)

This industry revolves around preorders, and most publishers/developers no longer have the credibility to sell these to the informed consumer.
    And that's the thing: we see each other here every day.  How many gamers you think float around gaming journalism sites daily to keep track of the industry evolution?

Expecting gamers to be as informed as we are here (which we take for granted) is not realistic across the spectrum.  We interact with too many industries on the daily to be that knowledgeable about them all.  Just take a look at data protections here in the U.S..  the landscape is heavily tilted in favor of these digital goods companies.  So much so it literally affects the psyche of the gamers themselves.
    Aeander