Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did Intrepid Studios deliver on the Ashes of Creation Apocalypse Open Beta?

jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 388
So the news hit a few hours ago that The Apocalypse servers were going to be taken offline on 26 December through 11 January in order to do some major changes.   

What does that mean for Siege Testing?  We find out Friday?

What was the problem with the web page migration?   They aren't sure, but they think some data got corrupted.  

Was this the right decision?  Yes it was the second best decision that could have been made.  Obviously the best decision would have been to delay the launch, but this is a bold move taking the servers down.

The Season Pass time will be extended so there will be no time lost there so people will still have a sufficient amount of time to earn their level 50 rewards.

Comments

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Well, they certainly didn't deliver anything remotely within the same genre as what the backers asked for, that's for sure.
    WellspringMadFrenchieArisV94
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited December 2018
    WTF lol,how can there be a seasons pass on a game not nearly finished?
    Man alive the crap that developers are getting away with now a days is sickening.The sad reality is they only get away with it because idiots give them money when they SHOULDN'T be.
    You know who sells season passes,TV stations but you get a season of NFL or NHL or MLB,you KNOW the product is there,you know the teams are there, there is nothing your not getting.
    In gaming it is 100% guess work,you have no idea if you will get anything at all or anything worth a single dime.
    It is like subscribing to an NFL seasons pass and they tell you .."we might not deliver a single game"but hey you can still buy the seasons pass.
    Bellomo

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    I'm unconcerned with how well or badly the battle royale goes.

It could have impeccable performance and zero networking issues, and I wouldn't waste time on it.  I was never interested in a BR from Intrepid.
    WellspringWaanpantaroKyleran

• jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Wait a season pass?????  WTF

Wasn't this just a testing module for the MMO?  Crowdfunding is such a joke at this point.  How backers are not up in arms about this is beyond me but keep on believing that the MMO development in no way has been affected by this and I will sell you some oceanfront property in Kansas.

I have another video out about that on 6 December.  Sadly, I don't carry enough followers yet to be of any relevance except to my small corner of the world.

I did ask the CEO of Intrepid Studios a question about the monetization, and I got an answer, which I sort of accepted by a project manager point of view, however, after seeing the monetization I was taken a back.  

The CEO was on my stream and said the items were priced according to other BRs, but he seemed, in his tone, he was going to look into it a bit more.