Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should Permanently Ban of accounts be removed or reviewed?

katarnrulkatarnrul Member UncommonPosts: 51
Riot Games has over 100 millions players and don't set their system to focus on racist and threatening people only.
The post below suggesting innocent player are getting permanently ban by the actual punishment system for no reasons.

Comments

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    Their COO Scott Gelb, is a total douche and would sexually harass the employees, so we are not dealing with a morally sound company, so there is no surprise that they would screw over their players as well.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    They create their own toxicity with a pvp environment.Why do you think in hockey they can fight but the law looks the other way.It is because they consider it a toxic environment,anger will arise that is a given.

Riot chose this design because it is CHEAP a low budget low content game that took little to no risk to put out there.Who would have guessed such a large number of gamer's wanted these lower denominator games,doing almost nothing.So they got lucky creating an angry environment,what else could be expected?
    In the old days of pvp players would say some real nasty things but the difference was they would forget and move on.Then the next time they meet in a pvp match they simply say to each other...GOOD LUCK.
    Now a days it is like that little kid scenario in the playground ..i'm telling my dad on you,i'm telling the teacher,a whole pile of little babies arrived on the internet.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited December 2018
    Wizardry said:
    Why do you think in hockey they can fight but the law looks the other way.It is because they consider it a toxic environment,anger will arise that is a given.
    False. It's not because of toxic environment, it's because people have freedom to allow it

From legal point of view when you participate in sports you agree to:
     -Everything that happens as per rules of the game
     -Everything that happens in rule violations that are typical to that game, and
     -Accidents that happen within the game

It's not about toxic environment. It's about people's freedom to engage in activities where they might get hurt.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    so, lost your account, eh?

no, this chart restriction is even way more useless. i simply don't care what overwatch does, since all they do is mute me. if they would ban my account on the other hand i would actually behave - i like my blizz acc

MrMelGibson

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    It really depends on the situation. Some people deserve permanent bans, some people don't. 
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    It's not easy to get a permanent ban from Riot. I think the honor system is working wonders. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Life-style choices like cheating never end well.
    MrMelGibsonUngoodConstantineMerus
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    I'm guessing you are one of those "innocent" accounts that have been banned?  :D
    ConstantineMerusSlapshot1188
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    I'm guessing you are one of those "innocent" accounts that have been banned?  :D
    "Don't permaban people because they are awful gaming companions, just mute them."
    - The Chairman of Online Rude Players Society 
    MrMelGibsonVrika
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    "Don't permaban people because they are awful gaming companions, just mute them."
    - The Chairman of Online Rude Players Society 
    Always been a fan of throwing into their own exclusive pool, so the queue times go up dramatically and, when they do pop, they can all argue about who's the biggest and bestest asshole the entire match.
    ConstantineMerusMrMelGibsonKylerancheyane

• katarnrulkatarnrul Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Another player post about reform of permanent ban players. Nothing is being disclose by Riot Games, just random words lol.

The OP of the post below said permanent ban is bad.

There will never be a reform of permanent ban accounts because they want players to spend money on skins again.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    edited January 2019
    katarnrul said:
    Another player post about reform of permanent ban players. Nothing is being disclose by Riot Games, just random words lol.

There will never be a reform of permanent ban accounts because they want players to spend money on skins again.
    Seriously,  permanently banning your paying customers seems like a very poor strategy as most rational players would walk away.

Oh, these are League gamers, nevermind.

:D
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibson

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• WaanWaan Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Wasn't there already a thread on this?
  • katarnrulkatarnrul Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Kyleran said:
    katarnrul said:

Seriously,  permanently banning your paying customers seems like a very poor strategy as most rational players would walk away.

Oh, these are League gamers, nevermind.

:D

They are owned by a Chinese profit centered company called Tencent.

Their plan seemed to be banning a lot of accounts and have players spend money on skins again.

Permanent ban of accounts for saying "noobs" or "idiots" to people that insults you is stupid unless you want to make money from them.
This discussion has been closed.