Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What games would you want more DLC for?

AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820
edited December 2018 in General Gaming
DLC is always a controversial subject in gaming. On one hand, it's a great opportunity to get more out of the games we love. On the other hand, it can be abused to release half-assed attempts at milking the playerbase.

I'm sure that, despite our opinions on DLC, we all have at least one game that we want more of, whether it's more characters, more stages, more quests, or anything else.

These are mine:

Super Smash Bros Ultimate
I would pretty much buy any number of new characters. Screw tourney balance, Smash is the ultimate party game.

Fire Emblem Warriors
Unlike Zelda, which has a limited roster of potential characters, Fire Emblem has hundreds of characters to choose from, and I would buy most of them. It doesn't help that most of the franchise is completely unrepresented in this crossover, and many fan favorites (straight up popularity poll winners) like Ike, Roy, and Hector are nowhere to be seen. Several such characters were explicitly namedropped as being held back to sell a potential sequel, and if that sequel never happens, fans of those characters just got shafted for no good reason. 

Injustice 2
As a casual player, I do not care about balance. I like playing characters and gearing them out. So, I would always jump at the chance for new character packs. DC has such a large pool of great heroes to choose from.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2
I wouldn't say no to more Blades, costumes, and quests.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
I know this game isn't even out yet (and we don't know the full roster), but regardless of how many superheroes they have, I would always be willing to buy more.

Comments

• FonclFoncl Member UncommonPosts: 347
    Give me a proper expansion or sequel and I'll buy it for a game I enjoy. Right now I'm looking forward to the upcoming Super Meat Boy and DiRT Rally sequels as well as the coming expansion for Grim Dawn. Chopping that expansion in small DLC pieces and selling it for 5x the price over time is a good way to stop me from spending any money.
    I am yet to buy DLC with little content for any game, if I know a game I want to play will be DLC-heavy I'll wait until they're done releasing DLC and buy the game with all gameplay-DLC cheap on sale years later, if I'm still interested at that point.

I don't mind cosmetic DLC since I have no interest in that. DLC is not only overpriced most of the time, the worst part is that it tends to fragment the community based on who has what DLC much worse than a proper expansion or sequel will.

There are so many good games now, so skipping those with monetization I don't like doesn't leave me with a shortage of ones to play :)

• bwwianakievbwwianakiev Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Atlas... Too soon?
    Tokken
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Atlas... Too soon?
    Not really chances are any DLC will be sold as a seperate game anyway  ;)
    Aeander
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    God of War - no DLC was just cruel
    GTA 5 - for single-player not online
    Bloodborne - one wasn't enough
    Fallout 4 - an Institute DLC

Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • parpinparpin Member UncommonPosts: 220
    i know you mean single player games mostly but the game i really want more dlc for it, is swtor, yeah i am huge star wars nerd and i really want more swtor stuff, sadly for past 2 years we had very little amount of content for it.

• seldinseldin Member UncommonPosts: 196
    I know these are not happening but:

Mass Effect Andromeda - As much hate as this game got the story was pretty decent
    Fallout 4
    Skyrim
    Assassins Creed Origins

I could use more story to all those games.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Skyrim- Xcom-2 - American Truck simulator (entire east coast) 
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
      Alll games due for and worthy of some DLC
                Darkest Dungeon

Hand of Fate 2

Thea the Awakening

Star Traders:Frontiers

Halcyon 6

Kingdoms of Amular : The Reckoning

Neo Scavenger

Distant Worlds

Warhammer Quest
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    D3....

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820
    lahnmir said:
    D3....

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Yes.