Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CIG publishes financials for years 2012 - 2017

1235»

Comments

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    MaxBacon said:
    @FlyByKnight another post out of ignorance... Go check the financials here: https://cloudimperiumgames.com/blog/corporate/cfo-comment-2012-2017-financials

The operative costs of the company are higher than their yearly income, there is no monetary return for investors to cash in, the invested money would just strengthen the money reserves that they have, last year they had to use 5-6 million of that money to cover the 2017 operative cost.

Investors don't make money because the company technically is not making money, it would if they kept costs under the income. That makes it so the investment is falling over positive sale prospects of the game, specifically SQ42.
    Are you obtuse naturally or working? A venture capitalists purpose is to make money on their investment. The numb nuts who spent $5K on spaceships for a game that "isn't done yet" version 3.9.1.25.A.B Alpha Closed Test Patron Server don't.

Whatever this elaborate unfinished cluster bomb is, it's generating absurd amounts of coin off of literal space cadets. So explain the ignorance of me saying that.

What? You don't like knowing the fact that goofies w/ disposable income are the commodity not some slow paced space sim from a dev operating at a loss (according to you). CIG is a religion/mega church now. They could release unfinished, or some reneged version and you all will be right here twisting yourselves into pretzels to lamb-splain it.

Chris Roberts is the Jimmy Swaggart of PC gaming now. Doesn't matter if the product is real or not. $$$$$$$$$$$$

MaxBacon
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member EpicPosts: 7,275
    edited December 2018
    Are you obtuse naturally or working? A venture capitalists purpose is to make money on their investment. The numb nuts who spent $5K on spaceships for a game that "isn't done yet" version 3.9.1.25.A.B Alpha Closed Test Patron Server don't.

Whatever this elaborate unfinished cluster bomb is, it's generating absurd amounts of coin off of literal space cadets. So explain the ignorance of me saying that.

What? You don't like knowing the fact that goofies w/ disposable income are the commodity not some slow paced space sim from a dev operating at a loss (according to you). CIG is a religion/mega church now. They could release unfinished, or some reneged version and you all will be right here twisting yourselves into pretzels to lamb-splain it.

Chris Roberts is the Jimmy Swaggart of PC gaming now. Doesn't matter if the product is real or not. $$$$$$$$$$$$

You're the one being obtuse it seems, of course vc will want to make money, they just won't be making money out of the thing you were implying, the company financials are clear, they do not make a profit out of the crowdfund, in fact, they run on the red these past years because operative costs are higher than income.

So the implying any investor would jump at this to get a piece of the action is just out of ignorance to the financial facts of the company. Making it so the investment can only profit on future prospects of sales, they need to earn more than what they spend, that is the moment there is actual profit and such has not happened yet.
  • cylon8cylon8 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    the only reason this happened is because they were sued
    ErillionNorseGod

so say we all

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    MaxBacon said:

You're the one being obtuse it seems, of course vc will want to make money, they just won't be making money out of the thing you were implying, the company financials are clear, they do not make a profit out of the crowdfund, in fact, they run on the red these past years because operative costs are higher than income.

So the implying any investor would jump at this to get a piece of the action is just out of ignorance to the financial facts of the company. Making it so the investment can only profit on future prospects of sales, they need to earn more than what they spend, that is the moment there is actual profit and such has not happened yet.
    You forget they could probably liquidate the company and the VC would get all their money back and then some. And article 12 of their company sounds like CR is on a short leash
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member EpicPosts: 7,275
    edited December 2018
    Kefo said:
    You forget they could probably liquidate the company and the VC would get all their money back and then some. And article 12 of their company sounds like CR is on a short leash
    I'm not forgetting anything, that being speculative doom talk over breaching the agreements set with investors. As investments are not loans they do still have their securities and agreements especially to ensure that is mostly the accountability over any misuse of investment money.

As in terms of what is present fact, the 46 million investment and the fact the company is not earning proper profit as its operative cost is over their income, the investors are not investing to take a piece of a pie that doesn't really exist right now (if they crowdfund 30 million and have to pay 30 million in salaries the investors are not seeing that money), yet can only on future prospects when the company actually starts making money.

I once said likely 2 years or so ago and I think it was with you and you lol'd at me then, that if they were smart they would get SQ42 behind publishers or investors to sustain a large marketing campaign behind it, up to even a console port, and one in I think the other will come to be as well.
    Post edited by MaxBacon on
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member EpicPosts: 7,680
    It does surprise me though that more people arent a little leary of this with that much money involved and no release 6 years later.
    NorseGod
  • parrotpholkparrotpholk Member EpicPosts: 4,644
    It does surprise me though that more people arent a little leary of this with that much money involved and no release 6 years later.
    I am not bothered by the release as much as the fact they have went through 250 million and are in the operating red with no release on the horizon or even a somewhat firm timing.  It would be different if there was some cash still in the bank and release was just taking some time but they are spending money as soon as it comes in.  They cannot print money quick enough.
    MadFrenchieNorseGod
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 8,967
    I think a lot of people are they just have little reason to post about it and prefer to wait and see what happens.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    I'm not forgetting anything, that being speculative doom talk over breaching the agreements set with investors. As investments are not loans they do still have their securities and agreements especially to ensure that is mostly the accountability over any misuse of investment money.

As in terms of what is present fact, the 46 million investment and the fact the company is not earning proper profit as its operative cost is over their income, the investors are not investing to take a piece of a pie that doesn't really exist right now (if they crowdfund 30 million and have to pay 30 million in salaries the investors are not seeing that money), yet can only on future prospects when the company actually starts making money.

I once said likely 2 years or so ago and I think it was with you and you lol'd at me then, that if they were smart they would get SQ42 behind publishers or investors to sustain a large marketing campaign behind it, up to even a console port, and one in I think the other will come to be as well.
    Just making sure you were aware regardless of how crazy the secenario lol.

and it might have been me a few years ago and I laughed at you(assuming this convo happened) cause a publisher or investor is CR betraying a huge promise he made to original backers. The KS was originally to prove interest in the game to get private backing but then morphed into we don’t need anyone now who will try and reign in the vision and suits are evil and the fanboys would defend that point to the death.

Now you have fans finding out months after the fact that they have a private investor and the mental gymnastics are in full swing as fanboys try and tell everyone how this is a good thing for the company. Next thing you know they will announce SQ42 as coming to consoles and the mental gymnastics will be in full swing again as another promise is attempted to be explained away.

But given how much CR and this company lie to their fans (healthy reserve of cash and all SQ42 missions have been played in 2016 sound familiar?) I’m not surprised that white knights will do what they have to to try and bury the truth
  • Arkade99Arkade99 Member RarePosts: 529
    rodarin said:
    MaxBacon said:
    laserit said:
    46 million for 10% = 460 million evaluation.

Now you can play Shark Tank
    rodarin likes to put his hateful spin on everything, of course having gotten on investment agreed upon such as a huge evaluation a company is a bad thing, no investor would ever invest that much on a scam that will never release... Err.. Wait a second... xD
    BAd 'investments' are bad. CiG has been LOSING money for the past 3 years. 
    Not to defend CIG, but what game company makes a profit while developing a game? Outside of the initial investment/crowdfunding, it's expected that they will be spending more money than they are bringing in. 
    Erilliontargetdrone