Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

G2A is Charging Inactive Accounts and Trying to Defend It.

Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
Video game key reselling service G2A has come under fire after a recent Reddit post outed the company for charging “inactivity fees” to its customers’ in-store wallets. Consumers who don’t log in to their G2A account for 180 days are charged a one euro fee that then recurs on a monthly basis until either the user logs in, or the account is drained of its entire balance.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Comments

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    What a scam!

Once, G2A signed me up automatically and began billing me for some monthly rewards program. Quit using it after that. 
    --------------------------------------------
  • rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    looks like the milky monster ...
  • WarWitchWarWitch Member UncommonPosts: 351
    edited December 2018
    Damaged if u do and damaged if don't? Not really the word I had in mind.  

Never have and never will use it.

Sue them, charge them with theft, class action lawsuit.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    WarWitch said:
    Damaged if u do and damaged if don't? Not really the word I had in mind.  

Never have and never will use it.

Sue them, charge them with theft, class action lawsuit.

It's legal, watch the video.

Not that I'm defending it.. it's stupid and wrong.. but companies are always going to do what they can get away with as long as the law lets them.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Think the only time I used G2A was when I needed a cheap replacement for my Win10 for my new PC.
    The idea to create an account and store money on a shady company like that would have never occured to me...
    Octagon7711
    Harbinger of Fools
  • newbismxnewbismx Member UncommonPosts: 276
    edited December 2018
    -You think thats bad- My bank did something similar to us. I would expect it from a shady reseller but a bank doing this surprised me.

edit- Nothing against the shady reseller either since ive used them before without problem- I just never kept money in my account and used a prepaid card... Just saying.
    Dakeru
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited December 2018
    newbismx said:
    -You think thats bad- My bank did something similar to us. I would expect it from a shady reseller but a bank doing this surprised me.

edit- Nothing against the shady reseller either since ive used them before without problem- I just never kept money in my account and used a prepaid card... Just saying.
    Er, I was going to say, this is standard practice for most banks, leave a savings account inactive long enough they will start charging service fees until balance reaches zero and then automatically close the account.

Nothing new really, but why would someone maintain a positive balance with a service like this? I don't with Steam or GOG, I just pay as I go?
    Octagon7711

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon