Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I Am the Mechwarrior!

MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
edited December 2018 in General Gaming
So holy shit guys, I just re-downloaded Mechwarrior Online after buying Battletech and playing it the past few days..

And I've started taking my builds from Battletech into MWO and playing under the same callsign as in Battletech (MadFrenchie, obviously)...  And I've psyched myself out with the immersion!  I just consider my MWO teammates a group of random mercs from my company that got placed onto the contract with me, and I'm super-immersed in the Battletech universe in a really cool way at the moment.

Sorry, there's no true point to this thread nor any controversy, I'm just hyped and wanted to share. :)

AsheramConstantineMerusPhaserlight

Comments

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited December 2018
    I really need to play this again ty for the reminder and its not really bad to get excited for the ip 

MadFrenchie
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited December 2018
    They've really fine-tuned the separate hitboxes that's so key to the Mechwarrior franchise.  Blowing off weapons and blowing up ammo stored in torsos and such, as well as the occasional crit to the pilot's face...  Lots of fun for fans of mech combat!

EDIT- also, feel free to add me if you wanna join in!
    ConstantineMerus

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    I'm really glad you have finally found some meaning in your miserable life kiddo! :grimace:
    MadFrenchie
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    edited December 2018
    I'm really glad you have finally found some meaning in your miserable life kiddo! :grimace:
    I am hoping that this skill set I'm developing will lead to the military cryogenically freezing me ala Stallone in Demolition Man so I can be thawed out when we've finally mastered space travel and battlemech combat!
    AsheramConstantineMerus

@Asheram just got the chance to watch those two videos for MW5...  And my god, that looks divine.  I hope they nail the balance between light and heavy mechs that sees the light mechs have a solid role.

I remember playing MW3 as a kid...  My goodness that was an overwhelming but epic experience.
    Asheram

• TheRedDreadTheRedDread Member UncommonPosts: 158
    I remember playing MechWarrior back in the days. Those were fun times!
    MadFrenchie
  • asdfsdf34534asdfsdf34534 Member UncommonPosts: 52
    mmorpg a place for middle aged people to feel relevant. 
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    I could say a lot about this game.

It was one of the very first crowd funded games, and not having the foresight to see just how screwed you can get with crowd funding, I bought into it at the highest package tier, which I think was $120 bucks at the time.

It gave four mechs that you can't get anywhere else, but they're kinda useless now cause they're stuck with hardpoints and weapons that were good when the game came out, but not very good anymore.

I will say that the in-game experience of piloting a mech was phenomenal.  They got the interiors perfect, the graphics were fantastic and the sound design is some of the best around.  When you power your mech up and start stomping around it feel incredible.

Unfortunately, I could write a small novel on all the other ways in which this game really let myself and a lot of the original community down, which is why I no longer play.
    Gdemamivonryan123
  • kwaikwai Member UncommonPosts: 825
    Will say this, the game is confusing as F to someone new who wanted to try out the game, it isnt very user friendly.
    Gdemami