Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Im in the mood for a Hack n Slash or Action game, Recommend me something

JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
Im in the mood to play a genre I usually never touch , Any good recommendations for a Hack n slash or really good action game

Here is what I'm looking for

*Must have killer graphics
*No over the top difficulty like dark souls or Blood Bourne
* STEAM & on sale is +
*Any sort of charcter customization is a +
  • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

Comments

• Quizar1973Quizar1973 Member UncommonPosts: 251
    Man i would go Warframe...Love that game....
    JeffSpicoliOctagon7711
    No one shall Rent space in my head!!!!!  B)
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Vermintide II - Co-Op hack and slash first person set in the warhammer universe.
    Dying Light - Post-Apocalyptic zombie game with some survival elements, parkour, open world design.  From the designers of Dead Island, feels like that ratcheted up a notch.

JeffSpicoli
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Good recommendation.  Lots of people love it, but to me it all just felt so floaty and weightless.
    JeffSpicoli
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    I was thinking more along of the lines of something like Bayonetta which i might just buy its like 7 bucks right now
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• VoldanirVoldanir Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Monster Hunter World on sale -53% https://bit.ly/2Q1mj6F

Kruzil
    Good recommendation.  Lots of people love it, but to me it all just felt so floaty and weightless.
    Yea it gets really Farmy to....But its one of the only Action games i know that you can literally get everything that they have for sal for free in game...It takes alot of farming but its all attainable
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    thunderC said:
    I was thinking more along of the lines of something like Bayonetta which i might just buy its like 7 bucks right now
    From the top of my head:

1) There's always good ole devil may cry for some good hack and slash experience.
    2) The new God of War seems to be praised highly.
    3) Darksiders franchise (At least latest one) seems to be popular.
    4) Nier also highly praised.
    Gorwe

Thers also the Darksiders Games 1 through 3....There alot of fun
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    You could try out Ruiner.  Steampunk indie isometric action with a focus on narrative.

Ohh yea...Anhd theres the Dynasty Warriors franchise...They were alot of fun
    Theres another game like God of War and Darksiders to...But i cant think of the name....The main character is Dante or somthing like that...He goes through the levels of hell....LOL
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited December 2018

Bloodaxes
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Theres another game like God of War and Darksiders to...But i cant think of the name....The main character is Dante or somthing like that...He goes through the levels of hell....LOL
    Dante's Inferno.  The environments and setting are excellent, but I've always been a fan of Inferno.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
     a couple that have not been mentioned ..

Hand of Fate 2 .. a very cool game , with some excellent added layers ..

Elex ...   really well done overlooked game ...

https://store.steampowered.com/app/411300/ELEX/

Octagon7711
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I've been playing Elex like crazy lately, it was on sale at gog and now consumes a lot of my time.  If you've ever played the Gothic series you will like this.  $20 on Steam now I think regular price around $60.  It's not for everyone as the game has it's quirks.
    Scorchien

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    You really really cannot go wrong with either of the Middle Earth:  Shadow of Mordor or Shadow of War games.

Good lord, the hacking and slashing is so epic.  I've never had more fun killing hordes and hordes of Orcs in my life.
  • Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    H0urg1ass said:
    You really really cannot go wrong with either of the Middle Earth:  Shadow of Mordor or Shadow of War games.

Good lord, the hacking and slashing is so epic.  I've never had more fun killing hordes and hordes of Orcs in my life.
    I loved playing Shadow of Mordor. Some nights I would just play the game just killing hordes of Orcs or seeing if I could wipe out each commander. 
    H0urg1ass
  • VhayneVhayne Member UncommonPosts: 632
    You are really missing out on not giving the Souls games a shot.  It will change you, seriously.  

I was in your boat too.  I refused to play something that I considered "punishing".  But then I watched Dunkey's video of Dark Souls 3, and decided to give it a try.  "Try" isn't the right word really, more like "jump into the deep end and learn to swim".  

I started watching some n00b's guide videos by JumpinProductions on YouTube.  He does a great job of explaining everything and giving you tips on helping newbies.  

It made me absolutely LOVE the series, and genre.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Thanks for the suggestions guys, alot of these games i already have but definitely some interesting ones as well.

@Vhayne Iv played Dark souls 1 and its a great game, I just don't have the drive for the wipe and learn over and over game play. Just not looking for that difficulty 
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    thunderC said:
    Thanks for the suggestions guys, alot of these games i already have but definitely some interesting ones as well.

@Vhayne Iv played Dark souls 1 and its a great game, I just don't have the drive for the wipe and learn over and over game play. Just not looking for that difficulty 
    Rest of series are a hell more forgiving. But I don't think you are in the mood for that based on your post. What you really need is a hug. No, you won't be getting one from me. 

You do have a PS4 right? If you just need an action fix I'd suggest Spider-Man, it's on sale now. 

You can also check out Nier: Automata which is a hack and slash but with heavy RPG elements. 

Vikings: Wolves of Midgard is not among best games but still it is a nice little gem. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • phoenixfire2phoenixfire2 Member UncommonPosts: 228

Worth the wait.
    JeffSpicoli
  • DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    Metal Gear Rising Revengance is always good for a play though. Its a few years old but its still a blast
    lahnmir
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    DOOOOOOOM!   guy.  
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    Assasin's Creed Odyssey.  Can't get more hack and slash than that.  I'm currently playing it and love it.
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Night time in Chicago's south side, all ya want.
    Forgrimm
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA