Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes of Creation - December Testing Feedback

jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 388

Main Topics:
Review of Thursday - Sunday Daily Performance
Feedback on improvements 
Brief Look at Cosmetics, Character Customization, Mounts
In-game view of the Church / Graveyard
Housing & Furniture (Looks like a graphic update has occurred)
Castle Siege - Internal Testing Footage

PhryConstantineMerusAzaron_Nightblade

Comments

• KatoKhanKatoKhan Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Why are you posting so many videos on this site,  MMORPG should ban all this self promotion BS. 
    This is a FORUM where people WRITE their opinions.  I hope your posts get deleted.
    ConstantineMerusMaurgrimFlyByKnight
  • CayleraCaylera Member CommonPosts: 3
    KatoKhan said:
    Why are you posting so many videos on this site,  MMORPG should ban all this self promotion BS. 
    This is a FORUM where people WRITE their opinions.  I hope your posts get deleted.
    I don't believe that jahlon works for Intrepid.  He's probably just that excited about the game and wants to spread his excitement.
    Azaron_Nightblade
  • jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 388
    KatoKhan said:

Ironically says the guy from an account with 4 posts

Kyleran
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    jahlon said:
    KatoKhan said:

While I share his preference for the written word, you just keep being you jahlon, and thanks for the short content summaries,  helps me decide to watch or not.
    ConstantineMerusAzaron_NightbladeWaan

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    @jahlon thank you for your free service - much appreciated, keep on the good work mate. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    Kyleran said:
    jahlon said:
    KatoKhan said:

While I share his preference for the written word, you just keep being you jahlon, and thanks for the short content summaries,  helps me decide to watch or not.

Yeah, the short content summary is a simple thing to do, that people asked for so I'm happy enough to provide.

@jahlon thank you for your free service - much appreciated, keep on the good work mate. 

You are welcome!
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    KatoKhan said:
    Agreed.  Youtubers are cancer.  Every day more and more places on the internet feel like giant ads for self-promoted content creators.  Anywhere they can place a link to their content they will, we need an adblocker for this kind of thing.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    TBH I rather listen to someone than reading wall of texts, so keep up the good work.
    jahlon
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    KatoKhan said:
    Agreed.  Youtubers are cancer.  Every day more and more places on the internet feel like giant ads for self-promoted content creators.  Anywhere they can place a link to their content they will, we need an adblocker for this kind of thing.
    90% of everything that is posted here is an endless cycle of bickering or verbal masturbation and when someone puts in some actual work and effort this is the response? I am kind of disappointed tbh.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Kyleranjahlon
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

KatoKhan said:
    Really? I managed to completely avoid watching the video, with no ad blocker or anything.

But I'm good like that.

Pro-tip, for some reason people will enjoy activities you don't, buy things which seem absurd, but it's OK,  don't let it diminish your personal enjoyment in life.

[Deleted User]ConstantineMerus

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    KatoKhan said:
    Really? I managed to completely avoid watching the video, with no ad blocker or anything.

But I'm good like that.

Pro-tip, for some reason people will enjoy activities you don't, buy things which seem absurd, but it's OK,  don't let it diminish your personal enjoyment in life.

And yet, if you took the money out of the equation it would stop entirely.  These people are not performing some altruistic labor of love.....get real.
    Kyleran said:
    KatoKhan said:

But I'm good like that.

And yet, if you took the money out of the equation it would stop entirely.  These people are not performing some altruistic labor of love.....get real.
    What is the problem with streamers making money?   They don't actually charge for their services (yet, the day is coming) but earn their way via donations or advertising.

Besides, I'm not sure you are correct, gamers have been hosting web sites, creating mods and tools for free since the earliest of days, not hard to believe some would stream for free and I'm guessing some do.

Again, streaming isn't for me, but clearly there is a strong market for their services, and it's not a big deal for me to not watch them, but let others enjoy doing so.

ConstantineMerus

Torval said:
    I agree, but I also see both sides. Reddit has become a link aggregator to Medium and YouTube and it drives me crazy. I'd rather read articles than videos (take that as I rarely watch videos and mostly just key moments), but videos can provide a lot of info. Also, this person puts a lot of effort into it. There is a lot of different between the bombastic click-hit wankers there for the social media churn, and the informative stuff. This is the informative stuff.

Thank you Torval.

You made my night with that comment.  
    [Deleted User]
    Kyleran said:
    KatoKhan said:

But I'm good like that.

Couple of points on this one

1:  A lot of content creators do make their content out of love for what they do.  You make so little on ads its pretty amazing.  Unless you are racking in hundreds of thousands of views per video, you aren't making much.   

2:  I give away all the money I make via Gift Cards.  I don't really want the money, so I pass it along back to my community.   

They could totally stop monetizing YouTube videos and I'd still make them, because it gives me something to do.  
    Kyleran
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:
    KatoKhan said:

But I'm good like that.

What is the problem with streamers making money?   They don't actually charge for their services (yet, the day is coming) but earn their way via donations or advertising.

Besides, I'm not sure you are correct, gamers have been hosting web sites, creating mods and tools for free since the earliest of days, not hard to believe some would stream for free and I'm guessing some do.

Again, streaming isn't for me, but clearly there is a strong market for their services, and it's not a big deal for me to not watch them, but let others enjoy doing so.

Except when it penetrates everything you do, everywhere you go online.  You literally cannot go anywhere online without someone sharing their videos.  

As though everyone who is accessing that site somehow opted in to seeing what equates to an advertisement.
    jahlon said:
    Kyleran said:
    KatoKhan said:

But I'm good like that.

1:  A lot of content creators do make their content out of love for what they do.  You make so little on ads its pretty amazing.  Unless you are racking in hundreds of thousands of views per video, you aren't making much.   

2:  I give away all the money I make via Gift Cards.  I don't really want the money, so I pass it along back to my community.   

They could totally stop monetizing YouTube videos and I'd still make them, because it gives me something to do.  
    And yet you've never made/uploaded videos before monetization, and the same goes for the vast majority of youtubers creating content today.  
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    jahlon said:
    Kyleran said:
    KatoKhan said:

But I'm good like that.

And yet you've never made/uploaded videos before monetization, and the same goes for the vast majority of youtubers creating content today.  
    Um... most people using youtube started using it after monetizing started, so what is your point exactly? That's like saying, "You didn't start walking until after you were born".
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Kyleran said:
    jahlon said:
    KatoKhan said:

I'm with Kyleran there.
    Us old folks and our preference for the written word!

Well, that... and I tend to skim posts for what's of interest instead of committing my attention to a video for 20 min :lol:

The summaries definitely help!
    And thank you for doing these videos, @jahlon :D
    [Deleted User]jahlon

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

jahlon said:
    Kyleran said:
    KatoKhan said:

But I'm good like that.

I didn't start making videos until 2016 when I moved to Revelation Online and it was a giant pain in my ass to try to explain things via written guides.

From 2014 through 2016 all I did was written guides for games.   I was an old gamer who didn't want to make the transition to videos.

Now ironically I find I help more people with stuff via videos.

However, my new project is a blend of written guides and videos.  Trying to cater to both worlds.  

Kyleran
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    I think the frustration should really be about interviews and info from Devs that are ONLY available in a video form.  I hate that.  I think official communication should not require watching a 30 minute video. 

But what Jalon is doing is fine.  He is a fan of the game not a member of the studio.  If he wants to make videos, write the info, or use morse code... that's up to whatever makes him happy.  

ConstantineMerusKyleran

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

I think the frustration should really be about interviews and info from Devs that are ONLY available in a video form.  I hate that.  I think official communication should not require watching a 30 minute video. 

But what Jalon is doing is fine.  He is a fan of the game not a member of the studio.  If he wants to make videos, write the info, or use morse code... that's up to whatever makes him happy.  

I've actually taken a lot of the stuff you've said to me on the forums over 2018 under advisement.

I'm going to be changing up things a little bit as I move forward, and going to try to do some more text based stuff on top of video work.  I used to write a blog and I enjoy writing, I stopped doing it to apply my time elsewhere, but I think I may venture back to it.

Slapshot1188
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Jahlon posts informative stuff about titles folks are interested in. He actually plays, and actually keeps it fair. 

The 4 post nimrod who responded negatively is the blemish not Jahlon. You come after THIS guy, while the Star Citizen offsite community managers literally have conversations with themselves just to bump threads? FOH.

"Youtubers are cancer" -Actual Malignant Tumor

Not all product reviewers and content creators are created equal
    Kyleran
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯