Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New event / cash grab

12346»

Comments

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Ungood said:
    Ungood said:
    Ungood said:
    Ungood said:
    Ungood said:
    It's listed the same on the Oxford dictionary site, as well as Wikipedia (for what that's worth).

Seems as legitimate a definition as one given by a random forum poster.  Even moreso?
    I'll wait while you link me "Cash Grab" from the Oxford Dictionary Site or maybe link Wikipedia... I'd like to see that as well.

For the record, I posted the Wiktionary definition.

Which is a lot more valid then some random forum poster saying "my pocket dictionary it says" or talking about sites that I know don't have the info... 
    Oxford just lists it as "money grab":

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/us/money_grab

"NOUN
    informal 
    • An undignified or unprincipled acquisition of a large sum of money with little effort."

Wiktionary is Wikipedia's dictionary sister site.  You're talking semantics.

And if you paid attention, you would have seen that Wiktionary, directly uses the term "profit" not simply "money" and also uses the Term Cash Grab.

Anyway.. lets go with this one.. well.. anyone watching this drama festival unfold can tell that Caspian is undoubtedly putting a shit ton of effort regarding this.. so.. it does not fit the definition of "Money Grab" that you have provided.

So you would be wrong to use the Term "Cash Grab"/"Money Grab"

But hey.. this is the group of people that call anything they don't like P2W. So.. screwing up other terms comes as a surprise to no one.
    Compared to, y'know, actually creating the MMORPG he keeps describing....  No, he isn't putting a "shit ton" of effort into it.
    No.. no.. No.. no..

You don't suddenly get to pull qualifiers out of your ass and make up whatever like..That Does't stop gamers from doing it however.

Hence this asinine discussion of people not knowing how to use common words and phrases.

So.. again.. Sorting "Cash Grab" into that fun little category of phrases that Gamers can't use correctly... oh look.. the list is slowly growing.
    I am not wasting my time engaging your willful ignorance and warped logic.

He supposedly has a team of folks.  Running a fucking fundraising event isn't hard for a team of folks, and definitely isn't praiee-worthy.
    BING BING BING.. we have a winner.. a fundraising event

I knew you all could figure it out if you were not being willfully obtuse.
    @MadFrenchie is not the person that comes to my mind when I read the word obtuse...
    And yet.. he just spent several posts.. defending the wrong use of a phrase.. and then showed that he knew it was the wrong phrase, knew why it was the wrong phrase.. and even that he know what the right term was.. 

Typically... I'd call that a Troll, and just give him a 2/10 for exposing himself.

But you know, he seemed to passionate about what he was talking about, that.. it was not just trolling for the sake of trolling... it was like he believed or really wanted it to be a cash grab.

So maybe just... Making a Fool of himself for the sake of it?

I'd give him a "Blinded by Hate" token excuse.. if he was a backer, because as a fellow gamer, I am well aware that irrational hate will do a lot to impair someones ability to think calmly and logically.
    I wish I could live in my own bubbled reality, too.  I'd make it great, unlike yours.
    *poof - already granted.
    mystichazeUngood
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:
      Lol .. some here arguing for the sake of arguing over a game that may or may not ever see the light of day ...  What wasted energy ..
    Dude, this a Game Form, literally, this is a outlet to wast time talking about what we do to waste time.. what were you expecting?
    The irony of this

This, Ungood said............. "This ol bean.. is why they are not listing to you.

Sorry for wasting my time.. keep on keeping on.. "

And where this thread has gone and ended up like so many ..

Hopefully some lessons were learned ...

Slapshot1188Kyleran
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Ungood said:
    Hi, since you asked, Analyst. 
    Ok, so you don't have any qualification. Why passing out judgements like you do?
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    edited December 2018
    Ungood said:
    Ungood said:
    Ungood said:
    Ungood said:
    Ungood said:
    It's listed the same on the Oxford dictionary site, as well as Wikipedia (for what that's worth).

Seems as legitimate a definition as one given by a random forum poster.  Even moreso?
    I'll wait while you link me "Cash Grab" from the Oxford Dictionary Site or maybe link Wikipedia... I'd like to see that as well.

Which is a lot more valid then some random forum poster saying "my pocket dictionary it says" or talking about sites that I know don't have the info... 

"NOUN
    informal 
    • An undignified or unprincipled acquisition of a large sum of money with little effort."

And if you paid attention, you would have seen that Wiktionary, directly uses the term "profit" not simply "money" and also uses the Term Cash Grab.

Anyway.. lets go with this one.. well.. anyone watching this drama festival unfold can tell that Caspian is undoubtedly putting a shit ton of effort regarding this.. so.. it does not fit the definition of "Money Grab" that you have provided.

But hey.. this is the group of people that call anything they don't like P2W. So.. screwing up other terms comes as a surprise to no one.
    Compared to, y'know, actually creating the MMORPG he keeps describing....  No, he isn't putting a "shit ton" of effort into it.
    No.. no.. No.. no..

You don't suddenly get to pull qualifiers out of your ass and make up whatever like..That Does't stop gamers from doing it however.

Hence this asinine discussion of people not knowing how to use common words and phrases.

So.. again.. Sorting "Cash Grab" into that fun little category of phrases that Gamers can't use correctly... oh look.. the list is slowly growing.

He supposedly has a team of folks.  Running a fucking fundraising event isn't hard for a team of folks, and definitely isn't praiee-worthy.

@MadFrenchie is not the person that comes to my mind when I read the word obtuse...
    And yet.. he just spent several posts.. defending the wrong use of a phrase.. and then showed that he knew it was the wrong phrase, knew why it was the wrong phrase.. and even that he know what the right term was.. 

Typically... I'd call that a Troll, and just give him a 2/10 for exposing himself.

But you know, he seemed to passionate about what he was talking about, that.. it was not just trolling for the sake of trolling... it was like he believed or really wanted it to be a cash grab.

I'd give him a "Blinded by Hate" token excuse.. if he was a backer, because as a fellow gamer, I am well aware that irrational hate will do a lot to impair someones ability to think calmly and logically.
    I wish I could live in my own bubbled reality, too.  I'd make it great, unlike yours.
    You already do.. (Damn.. @ChildoftheShadows already beat me)

Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Ungood said:
    Ungood said:
    Ungood said:
    Ungood said:
    Ungood said:
    Ungood said:

"NOUN
    informal 

No.. no.. No.. no..

You already do.. (Damn.. @ChildoftheShadows already beat me)

Not nearly.  Child's just mad because I disagreed with him here and elsewhere.  Butthurt is a pretty poor response to that.  That's advice for you and him both.

Slapshot1188Ungood

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited December 2018
    Ungood said:
    So I am going to ask again.. How Stupid Are You?
    ....apparently not enough to misunderstand what analyst in software development does.

Assesing technical feasibility of the project with no knowledge of software development nor having any data to make any qualified judgement on...and I am supposed to be the stupid one here...

' Professional Project Estimator' (lol)
    Ungood
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Ungood said:

So tell me, are you dumb enough to think that being a cashier means you are more qualified to run a store then having a degree in interpersonal communications? 
    An experienced cashier could run a small store, while an interpersonal communications professional could not.
    mystichazeUngoodKyleran

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,986
    edited December 2018
    Vrika said:
    Ungood said:

So tell me, are you dumb enough to think that being a cashier means you are more qualified to run a store then having a degree in interpersonal communications? 
    An experienced cashier could run a small store, while an interpersonal communications professional could not.

All the dick waving over qualifications might have had some semblance of a point 2-3 years ago, but we are now at the point where we KNOW who was right and who was wrong.  And at every step along the way, Caspien has been proven to be wrong.   This isn't even open to debate...

I'm reminded of the classic scene from The Poseidon Adventure when the ship is flipped over and the Preacher is trying to tell people to come with him and the idiots shout that they are going to stay with the Bosun(Purser?) because "he was qualified"...

Post edited by Slapshot1188 on
    GdemamiUngood

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018