Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Blizzard Entertainment - Worlds Unite

Comments

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    I am writing them off until they prove me wrong by producing something I would want to play.
    Margrave

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Someone needs to tell Blizzard they make video games for a living. I don't know why they want to be Pixar studios or the next Di$ney so bad.....O wait NVM , i figured it out.
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    If their games were as amazing as their cinematics I'd still be playing their games, they are not.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • RukushinRukushin Member UncommonPosts: 311

Mensur said:

Lets make Blizzard great again!

How aobut lets not and watch them burn themselves to the ground. That way maybe a studio that actually deserves it can rise to the top.
  • PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    edited December 2018
    o look textbook nostalgia advertising

guess that's there marketing strategy for 2019 considering its all remasters and prequals next year
    Psym0n
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    yep, totaly united, in the most effective random PUG they can find at that moment
    itchmon

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• BananableBananable Member UncommonPosts: 194
    edited December 2018
    "It's an emotional look..."
    Can you hear, its your girl, B. Lizzard, is crying. xD

"...at a company that..."
    Doesnt give a damn. (Because its no longer exist) :P

"...created SOME of the MOST beloved games of all time."
    Yeah! SOME other games GW2, Destiny 2, TESO (even F76 :P ) etc. arent THAT MUCH beloved AS OVERWATCH!

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,404

Ikeda said:

SBFord said:

This was out at Blizzcon.... unsure how this is new news. Try again

Because they put it out on their official channels today by way of, I assume, a holiday greeting. Ofc, you'd have seen that if you'd checked the date on the YT video. 

I sense coal in someone's stocking for the BAH HUMBUG on the Friday before Christmas. :D

So what you're saying is.... they put it out today due to all the bad press... even though it was initially run at Blizzcon. Did you not have phones... to see it?

This may seem like blasphemy to some people but the answer to life is "42" for some of us rather than "my smartphone".

mmolouConstantineMerusPsym0n

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    The Blizzard we grew up with is long gone. Cool video though.
    [Deleted User]
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• RobbgobbRobbgobb Member UncommonPosts: 674
    They have some wonderful cinematics as I posted on the youtube page after downvoting as the video felt icky for what they were trying to promote. It is like they wanted to gouge out the eyes and then say "we're good, right?"
  • mac6115cdmac6115cd Member UncommonPosts: 15
    This is what happens EVERY time BEAN COUNTERS take over a company. Cut staff and pinch pennies to produce fake profits. Then leave before the whole thing burns down. DISGUSTING!
    Margrave
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Makes me sad for what they used to be and aren't anymore. R.I.P. Blizzard. I loved you back in the day. Hate to see what the suits have made you into.

There's now a hole waiting for a new unknown game company to come and fill. Now we must wait for the next chosen company to come.
  • LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    Still can't say any sentiments here ring as unexpected to me given the last decade has been a progression towards what we have now. It is interesting at least to see just how far it had to go before it finally hit the tipping point.
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    This is what happens when you make the game so casual that no one wants to play. Blizzard fucked up WOW starting in WOTLK trying to make the game for everyone, making dungeons AOE fest, 10 man normal, 10 man heroic, 25 man normal and 25 man heroic and adding LFD. All this shit was not needed in any way period. So they screwed themselves. They should have went with a 10 and 20 man formula with raiding. Keep TBC heroics and the RPG aspect of TBC. No the game should not be bring Warrior tank, 3 Warrior DPS and 1 Healer any healer and have an AOE fest dungeon. It is boring as fuck and lead to what we have today. No the game should not be for everyone. This is why Blizzard and Activision are shit companies.
  • aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942
    "Now on mobile"
  • peglegpegleg Member UncommonPosts: 212
    I did my part by pressing unlike on the video.

All MMO's have grinds. If you don't like to Grind then MMO's are not for you.

• RebeccaWolfRebeccaWolf Member UncommonPosts: 15

aleos said:

"Now on mobile"

The North remembers
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535

SBFord said:

Watching this feels like a punch in the gut....it actually hurts. I have loved each and every game Blizzard has put out since I came to gaming over 20 years ago. Seeing iconic faces and settings, hearing some of my most favorite voice actors, remembering my trip to BlizzCon in 2009....all of it...so bittersweet.

My heart aches for the Blizzard of yore

Think you hit the head with the nail here. It's definitely a punch in the gut and that is what they are trying for. Blizz/Acti has garnered a ton of backlash lately and with warrant, so this video is a very very well done executive decision to play on the emotions of players to gain "love and trust" back from those naive enough to not see through the smoke.

I feel bad for all the players right now, it's obvious most of us have emotional ties to these games (such as myself) but all we have is a bastardized version of the company we've all loved for a very long time, it's not even the same people anymore.

This is one abusive relationship I had to walk away from.
    itchmon[Deleted User]
  • asdfsdf34534asdfsdf34534 Member UncommonPosts: 52
    A great post by a woman who is clearly middle aged and probably has a house full of pets.
    [Deleted User]itchmonBloodDiimond
  • NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Member RarePosts: 1,129
    As much as i have some feelings for the past and the great things that came out of Blizzard, we have to keep in mind that so many people who brought these magical experiences to us are already long gone and have moved on.

Don't praise Blizzard, praise the people responsible for those magical experiences, the people, they have names.
    [Deleted User]

Fishing on Gilgamesh since 2013
  • sipusipu Member UncommonPosts: 200

danwest58 said:

This is what happens when you make the game so casual that no one wants to play. Blizzard fucked up WOW starting in WOTLK trying to make the game for everyone, making dungeons AOE fest, 10 man normal, 10 man heroic, 25 man normal and 25 man heroic and adding LFD. All this shit was not needed in any way period. So they screwed themselves. They should have went with a 10 and 20 man formula with raiding. Keep TBC heroics and the RPG aspect of TBC. No the game should not be bring Warrior tank, 3 Warrior DPS and 1 Healer any healer and have an AOE fest dungeon. It is boring as fuck and lead to what we have today. No the game should not be for everyone. This is why Blizzard and Activision are shit companies.

what a bullshit
    [Deleted User]itchmon
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Itchen1000Itchen1000 Member UncommonPosts: 17
    This just makes me miss what blizzard once was. I doubt we will ever see a return to the old form. Maybe it is time for someone else to tell the stories and craft the worlds that we adventure in.
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    These videos always leave me on the floor in a mess.
    [Deleted User]

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• phoenixfire2phoenixfire2 Member UncommonPosts: 228
    In Memoriam

R.I.P. Everything that once made Blizzard great, time to usher in the new era of mobile cash grabs.