Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Foundry 42 Financials Released

Comments

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Dude SHHHHH!!!! Or you know what's going to happen next!! I mean what the hell else do you think he's using that money for?

Don't worry. Soon. :)
    [Deleted User]
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    edited December 2018
    Babuinix said:
    When you constantly have the same posters year after year attacking the project and it's backers with the constant "scam" or "imminent collapse" acusations, hyperbolic dramas, obfuscations and wishing for the game to crash I think it's only normal that people call them out for it.

-----snip---

I mean c'mon  :D
    It's fairly simple to put someone on ignore if it bothers you so much.  While I don't use the ignore function I do just automatically skip over a few posters. Trying to justify bad behavior by pointing to the "other guy" didn't work when I was 8 and sure doesn't work now.

I learned a long time ago that a game I like doesn't need me to "defend it" from the evil naysayers.   

I mean c'mon :disappointed:

Oh no no! ignoring would be no bueno imo 

There's already so many misconceptions about this game and it's development going around that I think it's important to point out the things that are wrong quickly and swiftly for the sake of clarity and reasoning.

Holding naysayers and fud spreaders accountable of their lies and obfuscations is a colateral effect of keeping things in check or else this thread would become a circle-jerk of negativity and cynicism along with the usual uninformed armchair dev'ing, lawering and finance like in the SA and ED forums lol

One thing is sure, Star Citizen always being talked about, for good or for worst keeps bringing awareness to the game and it's development which in turn means more players and money. 

So in a way you could say that haters and trolls also help Star Citizen and it's development.

Oh and Star Citizen is already availabe to play and keeps getting better with every update so in it's own way it's already released just not finished.

Everyone says they love the idea this all encompassing ambitious online universe but then complains because it has to wait for it's completion or gets burned by following development... well that's their own problem to deal with.

It's not like people ared forced to follow it or there isin't more games to play...

But remember this, if making games like Star Citizen and Squadron 42 was easy bigger, richier and more experienced studios would have done it by now.

Patience is a virtue.  B)
    Post edited by Babuinix on
    Gdemamirpmcmurphy
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Kefo said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Most people don't want to deal with the toxicity so they keep their distance from this forum and most other places where SC is discussed.

There's also no point, it's just for who enjoys mostly the same old people having a go at each other for years and years xD
    Including the actual SC forums. God forbid you try to say something negative there. You’d think you just insulted their mother, slapped their sister, punched their brother and ran over the dog
    Yeah.. it's only "toxicity" when you say something critical about SC.
    Kefo

..Cake..

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:
    When you constantly have the same posters year after year attacking the project and it's backers with the constant "scam" or "imminent collapse" acusations, hyperbolic dramas, obfuscations and wishing for the game to crash I think it's only normal that people call them out for it.

-----snip---

I mean c'mon  :D
    It's fairly simple to put someone on ignore if it bothers you so much.  While I don't use the ignore function I do just automatically skip over a few posters. Trying to justify bad behavior by pointing to the "other guy" didn't work when I was 8 and sure doesn't work now.

I learned a long time ago that a game I like doesn't need me to "defend it" from the evil naysayers.   

I mean c'mon :disappointed:

Oh no no! ignoring would be no bueno imo 

There's already so many misconceptions about this game and it's development going around that I think it's important to point out the things that are wrong quickly and swiftly for the sake of clarity and reasoning.

Holding naysayers and fud spreaders accountable of their lies and obfuscations is a colateral effect of keeping things in check or else this thread would become a circle-jerk of negativity and cynicism along with the usual uninformed armchair dev'ing, lawering and finance like in the SA and ED forums lol

One thing is sure, Star Citizen always being talked about, for good or for worst keeps bringing awareness to the game and it's development which in turn means more players and money. 

So in a way you could say that haters and trolls also help Star Citizen and it's development.

Oh and Star Citizen is already availabe to play and keeps getting better with every update so in it's own way it's already released just not finished.

Everyone says they love the idea this all encompassing ambitious online universe but then complains because it has to wait for it's completion or gets burned by following development... well that's their own problem to deal with.

It's not like people ared forced to follow it or there isin't more games to play...

But remember this, if making games like Star Citizen and Squadron 42 was easy bigger, richier and more experienced studios would have done it by now.

Patience is a virtue.  B)
    And it’s not some holy duty of the Chosen Few to correct that.  If CR thinks there’s a misconception he can “point that out swiftly” much more effectively than you.  He’s also got a budget of hundreds of millions of dollars to do so in a respectful and professional manner.  Trust me, he doesn’t need you or any other self-anointed savior making up their own PR strategy. I can guarantee that if you asked Chris if he wanted random internet guys acting poorly to defend his game because the “other guys” acted poorly first he would laugh and tell you no.

rpmcmurphySlyLoK

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• asdfsdf34534asdfsdf34534 Member UncommonPosts: 52
    ok
    edited December 2018
    Hun what? I'm the one who said there's misconceptions not Chris Roberts, what you on about lol?

So how pointing out and correcting lies and misconceptions about a game that I backed, play and follow development a holy duty lol?

If I went to the Chronicles of Elrya forum and kept posting something about that game that you knew was effectively 100% wrong/lie would you wait for Caspian to come and correct me lol?

I understand where you're coming from, the game should speak for itself and with it's open development nature means it can becomes an easy target for good or bad, that's why I usually try to post videos to showcase when people are lying/wrong/being hyperbolic about the current state of the game for the sake of drama:

For ex: Saying that performance is "shit" and game is unplayable!

Cue video or stream with players playing fine.

Saying that feature X or Y is broken (when it's not) video showcasing feature is working or a workaround for the situation.

Saying servers can't handle X amount of people, showcasing server handling X amount of people.

Saying ship's can't carry vehicles, showcase video of ship's doing so.

And so on and so on. So excuse me the flex but I'm a backer since late 2013, have played every version of the game until now and a original evocati tester (meaning I sometimes get to help test stuff extra-broken before it goes public) and ofc that knowing a bit more about the game than the random forum poster It's easier for me to correct wront stuff/lies and figuring out what's valid and honest criticism in good faith in contrast to the ones that are meant with the sole intent to attack the project or it's backers.

There's a lot of valid and constructive criticism discussion to be had about this highly complex game and it's open development nature, but for that to happen there needs to come from an  actual up to date experience and clear knowledge and understanding about the stage of the game currently, where it's heading and how it will reach there.

Trust me I'd much rather discuss about the game per se! How the UI could be improved? Debate between 1st and 3rd Person view? Aim Down Sight shooting, mandatory or optional for accuracy? Future monetization options after live (cosmetics)? Best loadout for ship X or Y? Ballistic vs Energy weapons?

But who's up to it? Most posters here never played the game and know about it from clicbait drama articles lol 

It's ok and normal because most gamers like to play games and have good experiences, they are not interested in paying to be alpha testers lol which is completely reasonable, but that's not a free pass to constantly attack and insult a company or it's backers at any giving chance  lol

GdemamiErillionrpmcmurphykikoodutroa8
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    I don't think one needs a free pass to bash any game. In fact, while SC does have some amazing texture artists, as a game, it sucks balls right now.

See? All without a free pass.
    edited December 2018
    So much for valuable and constructive criticism from experienced players :D

Looks more like venting that actually trying to give a thoughtful opinion but hey, it's what it is lol
    Gdemamirpmcmurphy
    edited December 2018
    Babuinix said:
    So much for the valuable and constructive criticism from experienced players :D
    Why would i be constructive for you or anyone else in this thread? You're nobody.
    rpmcmurphy
    edited December 2018
    Babuinix said:
    Hun what? I'm the one who said there's misconceptions not Chris Roberts, what you on about lol?
    Thats my point...

So how pointing out and correcting lies and misconceptions about a game that I backed, play and follow development a holy duty lol?

If I went to the Chronicles of Elrya forum and kept posting something about that game that you knew was effectively 100% wrong/lie would you wait for Caspian to come and correct me lol?
    Yes despite the known fact that I am a huge supporter of the game and Caspien

I understand where you're coming from, the game should speak for itself and with it's open development nature means it can becomes an easy target for good or bad, that's why I usually try to post videos to showcase when people are lying/wrong/being hyperbolic about the current state of the game for the sake of drama:

Saying that feature X or Y is broken (when it's not) video showcasing feature is working or a workaround for the situation.

Saying servers can't handle X amount of people, showcasing server handling X amount of people.

Yes, all of that you can do freely.  But you often go far, far beyond that and honestly it turns people off.

And so on and so on. So excuse me the flex but I'm a backer since late 2013, have played every version of the game until now and a original evocati tester (meaning I sometimes get to help test stuff extra-broken before it goes public) and ofc that knowing a bit more about the game than the random forum poster It's easier for me to correct wront stuff/lies and figuring out what's valid and honest criticism in good faith in contrast to the ones that are meant with the sole intent to attack the project or it's backers.
    Congrats.  I'm a backer since the first announcement.  I actually have a "Golden Ticket". I have a signed WC box by CR. Does that mean I have more cred than you?  Again, it's not the fact that you want the game to succeed it's the methods you use to post.  When confronted you point at others and say "They did it first".  That doesn't help the game, CR or anyone.

There's a lot of valid and constructive criticism discussion to be had about this highly complex game and it's open development nature, but for that to happen there needs to come from an  actual up to date experience and clear knowledge and understanding about the stage of the game currently, where it's heading and how it will reach there.

Trust me I'd much rather discuss about the game per se! How the UI could be improved? Debate between 1st and 3rd Person view? Aim Down Sight shooting, mandatory or optional for accuracy? Future monetization options after live (cosmetics)? Best loadout for ship X or Y? Ballistic vs Energy weapons?

But who's up to it? Most posters here never played the game and know about it from clicbait drama articles lol 
    Again, it's the tactics that you use which are wrong. Not necessarilly the content.

It's ok and normal because most gamers like to play games and have good experiences, they are not interested in paying to be alpha testers lol which is completely reasonable, but that's not a free pass to constantly attack and insult a company or it's backers at any giving chance  lol
    Again with the concept of insulting a company and needing to defend it.   Believe me... if CR wanted he could do a much better job to refute it.  When you feel the need to "defend" a company you really need to take a deep breath and re-evaluate things.

italics above

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

edited December 2018
    Babuinix said:
    Why would i be constructive for you or anyone else in this thread? You're nobody.
    Well I dunno maybe so it carries a bit more weight to it, just like that it could be easly mistaken for simple trolling I guess.

@Slapshot1188

But mudfights are so much more enjoyable than just sitting on the sidelines lol

Specially when time keeps proving you right over and over  :D
    Gdemamirpmcmurphy
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:
    Well so that people take your opinion in consideration  :D
    Certainaly I don't care if you specifically do. You are one of the most insulting people on this site.
    rpmcmurphy
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:
    Well so that people take your opinion in consideration  :D
    Certainaly I don't care if you specifically do. You are one of the most insulting people on this site.
    Well I wasn't including myself in the lot as we both know each others stance by now  B)
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Babuinix said:

Just because one stream is playing fine doesn’t mean the claim that performance is shit and unplayable isn’t true. Performance very well could be shit for many and you just happened to find the stream that is playing fine right now.

A work around would imply the feature is broke otherwise you wouldn’t need a work around. And again it very well could be broken and only works some of the time. Now if the feature is fixed and people keep bringing up its broken then by all means post the video showing its working but don’t be surprised when CIG break it again lol.

Servers couldn’t handle x amount of people for a long time and when they increased it the server still struggles if the person filming the video happens to look at everyone gathered in one location. 

For a long time they couldn’t even after CIG started showing videos of them doing it. It took them a while to get it working for players so at the time it was true.

See bolded above. You are more then welcome to correct people when things do get fixed but acting like you’re right all the time after the fact is just silly. Also it’s the way you do things. Slinging mud as you put it might be more fun for you but no one will take you seriously even when you are right.

If you chose your battles better and didn’t resort to attack the poster instead of addressing their points you’d probably have more people on your side. The blind defending of everything negative no matter how small is petty. You don’t really see us “haters” coming into the video threads posting negative things there because there are bigger fish to fry and we can all agree the game does look very pretty.
    Slapshot1188
    edited December 2018
    Yeah newsflash a game in development is a work in progresss lol

Problem is of those criticizing those "features" never played the game, that's why they keep getting it wrong and I'm happy to point their "mistakes". It's not like we don't know who desperately tries to push their fud agenda that it's all broke and about to collapse lol

I don't need people on my side lol I already have CIG and Time doing all the hard work, I just reap the benefits B)

2018 was sweet but 2019 will be sweeter no doubt!
    Gdemami
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Babuinix said:

Problem is of those criticizing those "features" never played the game, that's why they keep getting it wrong and I'm happy to point their "mistakes". It's not like we don't know who desperately tries to push their fud agenda that it's all broke and about to collapse lol

I don't need people on my side lol I already have CIG and Time doing all the hard work, I just reap the benefits B)

Yep a game in development is a work in progress and when people are saying something is broke or the server can’t handle something it’s true for that point in time. You posting about it 6 months later after it’s been fixed saying “see I was right and you were wrong!” makes you no better then Derek Smart.

And I should have known you’d resort to that fallback of well they never played the game so they are wrong. You’re saying everyone who posts something negative about the game has never played it? Or can’t look at a YouTube video posted recently and use that as proof? Is this like that argument that you can’t comment about a game being broken unless you are a current game dev?
    sgel
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:

Yep a game in development is a work in progress and when people are saying something is broke or the server can’t handle something it’s true for that point in time. You posting about it 6 months later after it’s been fixed saying “see I was right and you were wrong!” makes you no better then Derek Smart.

And I should have known you’d resort to that fallback of well they never played the game so they are wrong. You’re saying everyone who posts something negative about the game has never played it? Or can’t look at a YouTube video posted recently and use that as proof? Is this like that argument that you can’t comment about a game being broken unless you are a current game dev?
    No it isin't true "for that point in time" and that's why I call it.

I dont need to go fetch 6 month old posts to correct naysayers when they keep providing fresh material day in day out lol

Guess knowing a bit of what you're talking about helps  B)
    Gdemami
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    I see everybody is back at it and not a single thing was learned. Awesome guys.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Phaserlight
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    There's no xmas football match happening here.
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    lahnmir said:
    I see everybody is back at it and not a single thing was learned. Awesome guys.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Actually not everyone. I have been gone myself but since this all broke the rabbit has been completely MIA. Maybe he finally realizes the dream is dead, Or now that they have a financial backer the paid forum propaganda posters arent needed anymore. Which is the greatest irony of all time these guys have been getting as much 'marketing' for this trainwreck for 4 or more years from these guys FOR FREE. now suddenly theyre going pt pay 46 million AND give apiece of the company away? LMAO.

The pig is still here but he hasnt really had too much to say. The Forbes article (which i think has been substantiated now) pretty much puts all the money nonsense to bed.

Guy has blown through 200 million and what you see is what you get.

Like i have told all the rabid fanboys here if they didnt raise another dime they wouldnt release anything beyond what they had and even that would be short lived since it take money to run that test bed (tech demo) server.

I havent looked at the self accounted donation spread sheet in awhile I am wondering how this news affected it, if at all. 
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    >>> ... the rabbit has been completely MIA. ...<<<

LOL. You wish ;-)

Click on posting history. But as I mentioned before ... facts are not your strongest point :-D

I play a lot of SC these days, thanks to the Christmas vacation days, together with my buddies. And we are having a blast, as more and more is added to SC and the performance is finally satisfactory for all of us, even those with older rigs. 

Have fun

Gdemami
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    rodarin said:
    Actually not everyone. I have been gone myself but since this all broke the rabbit has been completely MIA. Maybe he finally realizes the dream is dead, Or now that they have a financial backer the paid forum propaganda posters arent needed anymore. 
    You have one unhealthy obsession with Erillion and me  I swear lol

I ignore most of your ramblings, the same old text wall rants of yours have become more and more boring over the years so meh I focus discussions with other posters. 
    Gdemami
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited December 2018
    Interesting how with the white knights, the game is always doing great and they never invite people to play with them, never invite people to join a discord, or never name their orgs. or thank their friends for having a good time in game, never mention details of what they did in gaming session.  If one did it, it would'nt seem so unusual.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited December 2018
    Interesting how with the white knights, the game is always doing great and they never invite people to play with them, never invite people to join a discord, or never name their orgs. or thank their friends for having a good time in game, never mention details of what they did in gaming session.  If one did it, it would'nt seem so unusual.
    Because you learn the hard way not to give too much information about yourself online in forums. Especially when you know that certain people infamous for their doxxing habit also read that forum. 
    I have a lot of great friends in SC that I personally know in real life - that is enough to ....

Have fun 

PS:
    Many of us have talked in detail about what we did in a gaming session. E.g. I talked about boarding action training, canyon jumping, canyon speed running a la Beggars Canyon run, Greycat golf cart stunt driving  or group dance choreography etc. 
    MaxBaconGdemami
    I did that once with Mortal Online.   I had one of the big supporters join me in game.   I fI recall, about 2 minutes after we joined up some hacked guy was insta killing everyone. It's kind of vague but I remember that we had made a video of it.