Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Atlas Streamers to Start at 9 PST Tonight, Early Access Pushed to 'Noon Tomorrow' - MMORPG.com

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    cochs said:

Elidien said:

So Noon on December 22nd....with Christmas Eve and Christmas just 2 days away. Sure they will have plenty of staff working and will have plenty of time to address every issue that comes up. At this point, just delay until the 26th. And evn if they have plenty of staff, you are keeping them from their families and Holidays for an early access. Geesh.

Whats this - 3rd or 4th delay and has not even started early access?

Boo Hoo people getting paid good money to work will survive.

Good studios don't do that.  I work as a game dev, and I make good money.  And if a studio head told me we are releasing two days before Christmas, I'd say have fun with that.  Good talent just doesn't put up with that for very long.  We have choices, there are plenty of studios that don't do that.
    If you worked for a Chinese owned studio you might have to, Dec 25th is just another Tuesday in the homeland.
    Kajidourden[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited December 2018
    Kyleran said:
    cochs said:

Elidien said:

So Noon on December 22nd....with Christmas Eve and Christmas just 2 days away. Sure they will have plenty of staff working and will have plenty of time to address every issue that comes up. At this point, just delay until the 26th. And evn if they have plenty of staff, you are keeping them from their families and Holidays for an early access. Geesh.

Whats this - 3rd or 4th delay and has not even started early access?

Boo Hoo people getting paid good money to work will survive.

Good studios don't do that.  I work as a game dev, and I make good money.  And if a studio head told me we are releasing two days before Christmas, I'd say have fun with that.  Good talent just doesn't put up with that for very long.  We have choices, there are plenty of studios that don't do that.
    If you worked for a Chinese owned studio you might have to, Dec 25th is just another Tuesday in the homeland.
    No way, a Chinese dev of principle would calmly but firmly explain that he would much more easily immigrate to the United States, attain a work visa, learn English, and land a job with an American studio than work through an American holiday because he'll lose his job if he doesn't. :D
    KajidourdenKyleran

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    Umm, the Grinch that stole Christmas.... bad time to launch could mean a lot of Grinch's unhappy for the holidays. What a way to ruin x-mas. lol

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• HengistHengist Member RarePosts: 1,282
    I love the outrage that it will release in front of a holiday because people are worried that dev's might have to work over the holiday.

I expect those are the same people who don't any clothes that are made in far east sweatshops, you know, because they care so much about the workers who are earning $1.15 a day. Hey, gotta look good in that Nike shirt that cost $75 to you, but cost them $1.35 to make.

Don't get me wrong, I think they would do better both for their staff, and for potential customers to push it out a few days or weeks, but I do have to laugh a bit over the moral outrage. People will always find a reason to hate on something......
  • PaullTPaullT Member UncommonPosts: 4
    9PM PST came around, Twitch streamers refreshed the empty server list for 45min and then the Atlas Twitter posted that it will be at least 5 more hours.
    BillMurphyKyleranLackingMMO[Deleted User]Samhael
  • MaximusNovaMaximusNova Member UncommonPosts: 27
    edited December 2018

MaxBacon said:

This is NOT A GOOD IDEA! :| 

They release Atlas right over the holiday break, Wildcard studios will close and only come back January, releasing one MMO right now the servers will deff face the usual meltdown and they won't be working to ensure fixing of the worse problems.

This game needs to be delayed to January if don't want to commit suicide right at launch.

We know and they know, it will be delayed but they don`t want to say it, because they want to keep the hype going. Not sure how long they can keep up with this.
    It`s like the story of the shepherd and the wolf lol
    Lokero
  • TakodanTakodan Member UncommonPosts: 161
    In my experience, this has been the worst release ever. I din't take part or even buy their previous game though...
  • GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    hdnine said:
    In my experience, this has been the worst release ever. I din't take part or even buy their previous game though...
    Release is still probably at least 2 years away..  Welcome to the world of early access.  People who can't handle these delays should just wait for the actual release.

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    GwapoJosh said:
    hdnine said:
    Release is still probably at least 2 years away..  Welcome to the world of early access.  People who can't handle these delays should just wait for the actual release.
    If its going to take another 2 years to 'finish' the game then that doesn't say much for the current state of the game.  :/
    Rhygarth
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Latest info are that the devs are working on a new build, but I thought Steam don't allow new builds during the weekends.
    Maurgrim said:
    Latest info are that the devs are working on a new build, but I thought Steam don't allow new builds during the weekends.
    That would explain why Atlas is no longer on Steam then  :o
    etlar
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    MaxBacon said:

This game needs to be delayed to January if don't want to commit suicide right at launch.

Haha, don't worry... it will be.

At some point this afternoon... AFTER the latest launch time, they'll announce a delay again!

• etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855

Phry said:

Maurgrim said:

Lol you are right its gone from steam, i was gonna buy it through there, weird, wonder if it will come back :)
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    So it's already delayed again, Streamers to open 6 hours ago with a delay of at least 5 hours.

Dev updates being awaited. 

Also, you won't see Atlas on the store because of they took the release date, Steam does not work on weekends so they can't change the release date from 21 to 22, hence why the store page is not visible lol
    etlar
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    And the dev statement over what is happening behind the scenes 
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dkJefViWIn3_QckCL_xS11dmBxuzUszr-yCRukat8CI/edit

Hey guys, I know our communication (or lack thereof) is pretty shit right now. Everyone at the studio is working hard on delivering ATLAS to ensure that we can give you the best experience when the game is finally available on Steam Early Access.

As a studio, we've been making some cloudy decisions when it comes to how we want to communicate and planning out our ETAs. This stems from the usual chaos that happens around the launch of a new IP, trust me, everyone experiences it in different ways.

It's not right, we know that, and we want to get better at it. I've decided that going forward; I am going to control the messaging to the community. If you hadn't gathered, this wasn't the case previously and sometimes wasn't the case for ARK. Here's the situation, and if you're expecting a precise update, well, you're not going to get one.

We're currently iterating on a release candidate to provide to the streamers. We expect that this will be ready in approximately 3 - 4 hours from now. From there, it will undergo a smoke test and if things seem solid, we'll get it sent out to influencers. If there are issues, we'll, of course, have to work on them and then the relative time changes.

The excitement you're feeling about the project is not misguided. ATLAS has the potential to be the GOAT. I believe in this team, and I believe in this project. Perhaps I'm a little bias as I work on the title, but as an avid MMO and Survival player, this Massively Multiplayer Online Survival Sandbox game is going to blow out of the water. It is launching into Steam Early Access, so there is still so much we have planned and want to do -- and it's going to be great. Not to be cheesy, but you won't have to wait much longer for an endless adventure of piracy ;).

I’m not exaggerating, this isn’t coming from a marketing mouth, the game is incredible, and all of the hype is justified-- everything you have seen in the trailer and promotional media is real... it was just recorded with UI turned off lol…

The feeling you have when you’ve successfully built your first raft and set sail is unmatched. It’s difficult for me to convey the excitement I feel when playing, whether you’re sailing alongside your friends, fighting a fucking hydra, or just discovering new uncharted lands.

If I could give you some advice, Fuck the ETAs and don't wait around. Get some sleep. Spend time with your family. Watch a movie. Do whatever you want. When I know that the build is inflight and in the process of uploading, I will share that with you, but even then, that doesn't mean it's ready because there are checks to do. I'll do my best to communicate with you going forward and keep you in the loop as much as I can. From my current knowledge, I fully expect ATLAS to hit Steam by NOON PST on the 22nd -- as soon as I get wind of any changes. I will let you know.

Hang tight Pathfinders :P. The ATLAS is approaching and it’s gonna be sick!

• etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855
    MaxBacon said:
    And the dev statement over what is happening behind the scenes 
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dkJefViWIn3_QckCL_xS11dmBxuzUszr-yCRukat8CI/edit

Hey guys, I know our communication (or lack thereof) is pretty shit right now. Everyone at the studio is working hard on delivering ATLAS to ensure that we can give you the best experience when the game is finally available on Steam Early Access.

As a studio, we've been making some cloudy decisions when it comes to how we want to communicate and planning out our ETAs. This stems from the usual chaos that happens around the launch of a new IP, trust me, everyone experiences it in different ways.

It's not right, we know that, and we want to get better at it. I've decided that going forward; I am going to control the messaging to the community. If you hadn't gathered, this wasn't the case previously and sometimes wasn't the case for ARK. Here's the situation, and if you're expecting a precise update, well, you're not going to get one.

We're currently iterating on a release candidate to provide to the streamers. We expect that this will be ready in approximately 3 - 4 hours from now. From there, it will undergo a smoke test and if things seem solid, we'll get it sent out to influencers. If there are issues, we'll, of course, have to work on them and then the relative time changes.

The excitement you're feeling about the project is not misguided. ATLAS has the potential to be the GOAT. I believe in this team, and I believe in this project. Perhaps I'm a little bias as I work on the title, but as an avid MMO and Survival player, this Massively Multiplayer Online Survival Sandbox game is going to blow out of the water. It is launching into Steam Early Access, so there is still so much we have planned and want to do -- and it's going to be great. Not to be cheesy, but you won't have to wait much longer for an endless adventure of piracy ;).

I’m not exaggerating, this isn’t coming from a marketing mouth, the game is incredible, and all of the hype is justified-- everything you have seen in the trailer and promotional media is real... it was just recorded with UI turned off lol…

The feeling you have when you’ve successfully built your first raft and set sail is unmatched. It’s difficult for me to convey the excitement I feel when playing, whether you’re sailing alongside your friends, fighting a fucking hydra, or just discovering new uncharted lands.

If I could give you some advice, Fuck the ETAs and don't wait around. Get some sleep. Spend time with your family. Watch a movie. Do whatever you want. When I know that the build is inflight and in the process of uploading, I will share that with you, but even then, that doesn't mean it's ready because there are checks to do. I'll do my best to communicate with you going forward and keep you in the loop as much as I can. From my current knowledge, I fully expect ATLAS to hit Steam by NOON PST on the 22nd -- as soon as I get wind of any changes. I will let you know.

Hang tight Pathfinders :P. The ATLAS is approaching and it’s gonna be sick!

I refuse to believe this, simply because my soul is scarred from all those mmo´s that never quite fulfilled...;) but i want too, so i really hope that person is right, just a little, so i can have some fun with friends in a good, interesting, fun to explore, open world mmo again, i almost dont care about the settings anymore (sci-fi, fantasy, etc.) 

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    As a Gamer who has been gaming since Pong, I had a great night sleep last night knowing how the direction this game was going for the time being.
    I'll be enjoying PoE after finishing up last min House Cleaning and Party preps for Christmas.

Added Bonus: Reading Rage Threads on why people can't eat their Cake. ;)

Merry Christmas everyone! <3

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    edited December 2018
    I guess you can´t fix stupid. LOL

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    MaxBacon said:
    So it's already delayed again, Streamers to open 6 hours ago with a delay of at least 5 hours.

Dev updates being awaited. 

Also, you won't see Atlas on the store because of they took the release date, Steam does not work on weekends so they can't change the release date from 21 to 22, hence why the store page is not visible lol

Working on that build guys, just another hour or two 
    Phrytweedledumb99MadFrenchie
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Looking forward to it.  Problems and all.  
    Tokken

I self identify as a monkey.

etlar said:

Phry said:

Maurgrim said:

Lol you are right its gone from steam, i was gonna buy it through there, weird, wonder if it will come back :)
    Its just not showing up when you search for it, but it is still listed on Steam, but not for sale yet.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    edited December 2018

Tiller said:

Missed that date again and the gamers react.

I gotta say it........... that gif reminds me of Trump having a tantrum?
    TillerHatefull

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• MadCoderOneMadCoderOne Member UncommonPosts: 220
    edited December 2018
    streamers up now, looks like ARK / re-skin to me (or Conan), very disappointing. 
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited December 2018
    Yep graphics are lower except the water still looks nice,,,umm not important really.

menus menus and more menus,even steering your raft is just a menu,no animation.A lot of needless level ideas and unlocks to i guess make you feel like your accomplishing something.
    The wear and tear is TOO fast,i literally saw dudes raft degrading very quickly.So like other survival games,you need TOO much food and drink in proportions that are not realistic.

So far it seems the animals react decently but we should be seeing them run away sometimes,so very little AI.

I don't mind the core design but gives me that BDO feeling all over again,i need to SEE stuff/ideas and not just click menus.Like your raft has these upgrades but you won't actually see anything.

Looks to have ONE blood decal and one blood splat,so it looks the same if your hitting a skyscraper or a little ant.
    That marketing video is about as good as they can portray the game,imo it goes downhill from that video.

Overall impression,well i see a lot of people with little self control,they see these top streamers playing,it's NEW they all want in but NONE of these streamers will be playing this in 2 weeks.It is that typical adventure phase,go see all the locations,build your dream ship/fort,then get bored.
    It really is just ARK or any other survival game.

Some will be slow to adventure but this will be a ghost ship in 2 months.Soon the next hype comes out and all the popular streamers will entice all the viewers to then buy that game and forget this one.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]Arskaaa

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.