Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Atlas Delayed until December 21st

2»

Comments

• MrJatobiMrJatobi Member UncommonPosts: 7
    edited December 2018
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 2,535
    DMKano said:
    If this doesnt raise any red flags for you - you seriously need to rethink your mental ability to think rationally.

Now if rethinking my mental ability to think rationally could result in rational thought then my ability was fine in the beginning and I didn't need to rethink anything in the first place.
    • "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    • Song of the Week: One Second from One Second (1997) by Paradise Lost
    • Gaming Timeline: Arcade, Commodore 64, Amiga 500, SEGA, IBM, PS, PC, PS2, More PCs, PS3, Giant PC, PS4, No More PCs, PS4 Pro. 
    • Adopted @Kyleran as my virtual father - I put him in my signature since he worries about me all the time and this way he can keep track of me when I talk to strangers here!
    • Favorite Drink: Bruichladdich Black Art 5th 1992
    • Currently Playing: Spider-Man: Turf Wars / The Division farewell tour / Grim Fandango Remastered / Aven Colony
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,068
    edited December 2018
    MrJatobi said:
    I love how one dev right after another keeps taking shits on normal gamers and acts baffled when they don't receive adoration for it.

• SedrynTyrosSedrynTyros Member EpicPosts: 2,924
    LOL .... popcorn event continues .....
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited December 2018
    Honestly, memes aside...

This constant short delays is only telling me that the game is going to be terrible.

One delay...okay that is good quality, they want to make sure its a good launch
    Two delays...well thats weird...why didn't they give more time for the first delay?
    and now another delay

This is telling me the game is gonna be the typical early access cash grab like dayz standalone and so many survival games are.

Why not wait till next month after the holidays/new year? Why so many delays? Why wait until AFTER its supposed to launch to announce a delay?

This game went to "I'll probably buy it" to..."this game has too many massive red flags with the constant mini delays"

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 2,412
    I didn't play Ark.  Was it really a mess?  Did it ever make it out of development?  Maybe they learned from some mistakes with this new effort...?
  • KanwulfKanwulf Member UncommonPosts: 5
    I didn't play Ark.  Was it really a mess?  Did it ever make it out of development?  Maybe they learned from some mistakes with this new effort...?

Ark wasn't perfect by any means early on but was normally playable unless you were using a potato {tons of people were and are normally the ones who hate on the game the loudest}
    The thing with Ark was them trying to release anything, updates patches ANYTHING, they were always late, to the point that is was hilarious.
    There were times when they would make in game announcements  "server will go down in 15 minutes for a patch"  2 or 3 hours later it would happen  rofl
    we all knew it, expected it and laughed at it but what's happening with Atlas is really next level stuff.

but to your question Yes Ark made it to launch, had several expansions and made piles of $
    Opinions vary on the quality of the game, aside from expected occasional performance issues with EA it always ran great for me and I love the game even with the worst PvP rule set ever put into a game.