Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did they fix the bugs in Pathfinder: Kingmaker?

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531

Hey guys,

I've held off on this game because of the bugs. Last time I checked, things were still really messy, with lots of game-breaking issues that even stopped people from finishing the game. Is that still the case? Or have the patches made it a pretty bug-free experience?

Thanks!

Comments

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    They fixed a few major ones.   It's playable for me.  Of course, i haven't finished the game yet.... not due to bugs.... but due to lack of time to play.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    There are still a lot of bugs, especially related to class mechanics.  Most of the major bugs are gone.  I guess (and have no idea personally) that the way their database works, every patch breaks stuff.  It has gotten a lot better since they started patching instead of hotfixing.  

Honestly, at this point, you may as well wait until the rest of their DLC comes out.  But, if you are looking for a new meaty rpg to play and want one now I don't think any major bugs will get in your way.  But, again, all the class bugs really drive me nuts but there are classes that don't have issues, and if you avoid certain choices within a class you can avoid the majority of them.  Most of the ones I had with classes weren't even listed as bugs last time I checked.  

Even buggy I had a good time playing it...so there is that.  And the FO 1/2 "clone" Atom just came out and it is really good as well and only has translation issues and seems relatively bug free.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Hmm.  I think this game isn't for me and never will be.  I can't stand a bug-ridden experience.
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Hmm.  I think this game isn't for me and never will be.  I can't stand a bug-ridden experience.
    You're going to miss out on a great game.  Keep in mind - the more moving parts, the more complex the systems, the more choices presented, all add to the potential for bugs.  

Its a solid game, and at its current state unless you have in-depth knowledge of the systems you won't even know something is bugged.  You'll just have fun.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    blamo2000 said:
    You're going to miss out on a great game.  Keep in mind - the more moving parts, the more complex the systems, the more choices presented, all add to the potential for bugs.  

Its a solid game, and at its current state unless you have in-depth knowledge of the systems you won't even know something is bugged.  You'll just have fun.
    I have no idea how Pathfinder works, so maybe I'd be OK.
    blamo2000