Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Atlas Delayed until December 21st

rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693
edited December 2018 in Atlas
As title says according to their twitter post , they have announced a delay 30 minutes AFTER the launch time...

Post edited by SBFord on
Asheram

Comments

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Mentioned on another thread: specifically with regards to how they announced this, Wildcard is sending clear signals this game won't be in any legitimate shape once it launches.

Maybe they'll surprise everyone, but sufficiently stable products don't get release delays after silently missing the release.
    d_20

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    yup yup. we know

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    [Deleted User]Sovrath
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    <Breaking News> Aaaaaaaaaaaand a massive internet temper tantrum is currently ensuing as we speak........stay tuned for more details
    [Deleted User]Asheram
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

About 3 days ago they announced a 3 minute gameplay trailer to happen before launch and then let the timer run out and 30 minutes after the timer showed the trailer on that timer page, a trailer that they already had ready as that first reveal trailer is just a snipped version of the 3 minute trailer.
    But I am a sucker for the aesthetic and premise of the game.  :(
    edited December 2018
    Tiller said:
    <Breaking News> Aaaaaaaaaaaand a massive internet temper tantrum is currently ensuing as we speak........stay tuned for more details
    Its not about the 2 days its about the communication and the way they let it play out. Taleworlds stopped giving a release date for Bannerlord after 2-3 years of saying the game would release in some form each particular year and then not making it. They then learned it was better to just be silent about release til they are totally sure it is ready
    [Deleted User]
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    I'm gonna play it.
    TokkenPhry
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    It's kind of fascinating.  The game has only been announced for a week, and already had 2 or 3 delays(depending if you count the 30 minutes mentioned above :lol: ).
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    That backfired a LOT. They had roughly ~200K Viewers on Twitch at the Point the Timer ran out.
    LOL :D

If i would be a CEO, i would fire that Marketing Guy in an instant after that DISASTER!
    So what went in Ark continues here as well.
    I laughed so hard here...so hard.
    craftseeker
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Arterius said:
    Ilaya said:
    That backfired a LOT. They had roughly ~200K Viewers on Twitch at the Point the Timer ran out.

If i would be a CEO, i would fire that Marketing Guy in an instant after that DISASTER!
    200k holy moly. How many you think there will be on Friday?
    Streamers like Burke Black discussed about that and they meant that it maybe will cost them the half of it. So ....we will see on Friday i guess. I will not take a look. That's for sure.
    [Deleted User]
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited December 2018
    Arterius said:
    Ilaya said:

200k holy moly. How many you think there will be on Friday?
    No way to accurately predict the level of gullibility in gamers, they set higher bars with every new release out there.

Appears to be near boundless....
    AsheramIlaya[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    Arterius said:
    Tiller said:
    Nah. It's not worth throwing a temper tatrum for. There is more important things to worry about and way more games for me to spend my time on. Like Asheram said above. I am not mad the game is delayed either. Its way it was done. Doing it 30 minutes after the launch when they had a massive countdown timer is not a good sign. 

I honestly have never seen anything like. I have seen games get delayed sure but not after the game was supposed to launch after a timer and everything.
    Well maybe not for you, but Steam, Twitter, Discord, Youtube, Reddit ...the salt is real. It's actually funny. Most of us have seen every disastrous launch imaginable, but I guess some are new to this lol

[Deleted User]
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    DMKano said:
    If this doesnt raise any red flags for you - you seriously need to rethink your mental ability to think rationally.

Oh I'm sure this time it will be different.  ;)
  • sneakerz007sneakerz007 Member UncommonPosts: 95
    well i dont think this is launching today hope im wrong I really wanted to try it out. no news on website just that trailer and no news on steam either.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Well, its Dec 21st so everyone is busy playing the game right ?  :p
    [Deleted User]Kyleran[Deleted User]Sovrath
    Lol I got a 12 hour mute on their discord with no warning for posting this which is related to the type of game they are making and I haven't been spamming their discord, just check in every now and again to see if any news. 

"Pulling the weight up against the wind Is the plight of the galley slave Chained to this cold bench, six to the oar Sentenced to an early grave With iron in our souls and fire in our wrists Slicing the waves and the sea Rotting below, they'll not let us go Only mutiny or death set us free Arms grow numb and the blood doth drip To the beat of the drum, from the crack of the whip We're damned, to the Galley We're chained, to the Galley of pain We're damned, to the Galley We're slaves, chained to the Galley of pain
    [narration}"The salt made the oar handles like shark skin And our lips we're cut to the gums And you whipped us because: we could not row" “Will you never let us go?" Splintered and split, the hands of the doomed Endlessly toil by the hour Bodies broken, shackled with hatred As the soul grows sour Off in the distance, the cry of the gulls And the smell of approaching land With our last ounce of strength, we pull to the shore And dream to escape if we can But Sirens attack, with their songs of love Mermaids surround us as off we shove Our arms still numb and the blood still drips To the beat of the drum, from the crack of the whip Damned, to the Galley We're chained, to the Galley of pain Damned, to the Galley We're slaves, chained to the Galley of pain We're rotting in the Galley hole
    [Solo] Damned, to the Galley We're chained, to the Galley of pain We're damned, to the Galley We're slaves, chained to the Galley of pain Only death can set us free"
    Apparently they're sending out invites to the EA to content creators first:

They're also sequestering said content creators to their own "special branch" of the server that, Wildcard implies, is separate from the launch servers.

Translation: take any network performance review from content creators with a grain of salt, as they won't be playing on the same server setup everyone will be playing on at release.
    Kyleran

• MrJatobiMrJatobi Member UncommonPosts: 67
    edited December 2018
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    DMKano said:
    If this doesnt raise any red flags for you - you seriously need to rethink your mental ability to think rationally.

Now if rethinking my mental ability to think rationally could result in rational thought then my ability was fine in the beginning and I didn't need to rethink anything in the first place.
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    edited December 2018
    MrJatobi said:
    I love how one dev right after another keeps taking shits on normal gamers and acts baffled when they don't receive adoration for it.

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited December 2018
    Honestly, memes aside...

This constant short delays is only telling me that the game is going to be terrible.

One delay...okay that is good quality, they want to make sure its a good launch
    Two delays...well thats weird...why didn't they give more time for the first delay?
    and now another delay

This is telling me the game is gonna be the typical early access cash grab like dayz standalone and so many survival games are.

Why not wait till next month after the holidays/new year? Why so many delays? Why wait until AFTER its supposed to launch to announce a delay?

This game went to "I'll probably buy it" to..."this game has too many massive red flags with the constant mini delays"

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    I didn't play Ark.  Was it really a mess?  Did it ever make it out of development?  Maybe they learned from some mistakes with this new effort...?
  • KanwulfKanwulf Member UncommonPosts: 5
    I didn't play Ark.  Was it really a mess?  Did it ever make it out of development?  Maybe they learned from some mistakes with this new effort...?

Ark wasn't perfect by any means early on but was normally playable unless you were using a potato {tons of people were and are normally the ones who hate on the game the loudest}
    The thing with Ark was them trying to release anything, updates patches ANYTHING, they were always late, to the point that is was hilarious.
    There were times when they would make in game announcements  "server will go down in 15 minutes for a patch"  2 or 3 hours later it would happen  rofl
    we all knew it, expected it and laughed at it but what's happening with Atlas is really next level stuff.

but to your question Yes Ark made it to launch, had several expansions and made piles of $
    Opinions vary on the quality of the game, aside from expected occasional performance issues with EA it always ran great for me and I love the game even with the worst PvP rule set ever put into a game.